• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whitner signs with the 49ers

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing of Whitner. Not the best SS out there but its an upgrade over what we have IMO. Maybe a change of venue will be good for Whitner. Cover skills are shaky, but hopefully we will put some pressure on the qb helping out some. Maybe this will be the year he lives up to his #8 overall selection. Lets hope so.

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm looking forward to seeing how this defense developes. i think the niners will play a real agressive brand of defense with RJF and maybe another FA rotating with the dline to keep legs fresh and Brooks and Smith hopefully putting heat on opposing QBs. Willis, Whitner, and Bowman should have some space to operate on the second level and will have a lot of responsibility, but there's also a lot of speed and talent there to handle assignments.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good

Whitner is an upgrade as is Rogers, 2 great moves by our FO

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Whitner/Reggie Smith combo will prove to be solid. Smith is a true FS and his initial move to CB stunted his growth IMO. He played pretty well last year when he started, but Whitner compliments his skills better than Goldson or Mays.

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't pay attention to R Smith all that much when he was starting last year so I was wondering about that.

Is he better suited to FS than SS? Especially in a defense where it looks like those two positions will have pretty different roles (Centerfielder vs. 8th man in the box).

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't pay attention to R Smith all that much when he was starting last year so I was wondering about that.

Is he better suited to FS than SS? Especially in a defense where it looks like those two positions will have pretty different roles (Centerfielder vs. 8th man in the box).

I feel that Smith is better suited to play FS with his speed and coverage skills. he seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. He'll have to beat out M. Williams, but it sounds like he is holding is own in camp so far.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reggie Smith and Donte should be the starters.

Madieu Williams is the first backup to come off the bench.

Curtis Taylor will probably be the 4th safety.

And I'm really hoping we keep a 5th safety Taylor Mays, I just don't want to give up on the guy yet.

If Donte goes down 1/2 way through the season who knows maybe Mays is the best SS to replace him compared to the others?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel bad for Williams if he didn't get to start but it's looking like Reggie is taking the job.