• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox - Twins 4 game series 9/14-9/17

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst left fielder in recent memory.
I see several comments regarding Eloy's outfield prowess. I didn't see the game, so would someone be kind enough to fill me in on what he did or didn't do?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see several comments regarding Eloy's outfield prowess. I didn't see the game, so would someone be kind enough to fill me in on what he did or didn't do?
in particular he let a drive over his head stop at the bottom of the fence ever-so-lightly lodged under the padding at the wall. ball was in plain sight, it wasn't stuck underneath and he thru up his arms suggesting he couldn't play it. meanwhile buxton (i think) ran the bases and by the time eloy did pick the ball up buxton had an inside the parker. for some odd reason the umps put on their headsets and the hr was overturned to a double. he could just as easily picked it up and easily held him to a double anyway. it was just a stupid thing for him to do.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, again not having watched the game, but in reviewing the stats, our pitchers gave up 10 BB???? And the Twins stranded 15 runners???? Holy Bejeebus, can't let that happen again, they are too talented of a team to not take advantage without scoring some big time runs. I'm proud that our boys hung tough tonite, but we can't dance on the edge of a razor too many times without getting cut.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in particular he let a drive over his head stop at the bottom of the fence ever-so-lightly lodged under the padding at the wall. ball was in plain sight, it wasn't stuck underneath and he thru up his arms suggesting he couldn't play it. meanwhile buxton (i think) ran the bases and by the time eloy did pick the ball up buxton had an inside the parker. for some odd reason the umps put on their headsets and the hr was overturned to a double. he could just as easily picked it up and easily held him to a double anyway. it was just a stupid thing for him to do.
Got it, thanks. And yes, I agree with you guys, very very dumb on Eloy's part.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was Buxton.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was Buxton.
I don't know why we don't put in Dyson in the 9th inning with a lead. That was the whole point of trading for him. Engel/Robert/Dyson is a fantastic defensive outfield.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why we don't put in Dyson in the 9th inning with a lead. That was the whole point of trading for him. Engel/Robert/Dyson is a fantastic defensive outfield.

Because "ride your ponies" applies...

TA/Moncada/Eloy/Abreu/Robert should always be playing when the fire is the hottest. They are the core.

Not that I don't agree in theory what you're saying...but everything is dongs and strikeouts anyway for the most part as I've come to learn...so Dyson is kind of useless if the ball flies over his head...And then we lose the dongs on the flip if Eloy is pulled and they come back...which teams that win 100+ games are prone to do.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Magic number for playoffs is 4.

7drHiqr.gif

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone here make a case for mazara to be the starting right fielder over engel? seems to me engel is the better hitter and the better fielder. is money and trying to save face a good enough reason to hurt the team like this?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone here make a case for mazara to be the starting right fielder over engel? seems to me engel is the better hitter and the better fielder. is money and trying to save face a good enough reason to hurt the team like this?
There is no legitimate argument to play Mazara at this point over Engel.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have experienced a game with some many bases loaded opportunities on both sides and so few runs scored.

Eloy gets the blooper video in the field once again.

Cease is a battler - when he puts it together he will be a fine starter. I like his mental make up (unlike Lopez).

Mazara bats left - Engle bats right - and that folks is why you should train all your kids to bat left handed - even if they are righties.

Tim Anderson's adjustments at the plate are old school - and Hawk would be peeing in his pants to see it. Tim Anderson has won me over as a fan this year - in so many different ways.

The Twinkies are a very tough team and they do not quit on the game. I don't understand why Cave and Kepler just eat the Sox up.

The only tragedy of this White Sox season is Eloy Jimenez' relationship to outfield walls. Dyson needs to get out there in the late innings with the game tucked away. He also was late in throwing in a ball that allowed a Twin to take 2nd base on what should have been a single.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more. Obviously the single biggest reason we acquired Dyson. Bad non-move on Ricky's part. Oh, and I finally got to actually see the play on the MLB highlights last night. It was exactly as you guys described. Think it was a gift that the umps allowed it to be a GRD.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloy gets the blooper video in the field once again.
he is a bonafide hack with no fielding instincts. i doubt he'll ever get any better.
Mazara bats left - Engle bats right - and that folks is why you should train all your kids to bat left handed - even if they are righties.
this must be the reason, but it's not nearly a good enough excuse to me. engel is hitting .250 vs righties and 'no more' only .217 ... with no power!
Tim Anderson's adjustments at the plate are old school - and Hawk would be peeing in his pants to see it. Tim Anderson has won me over as a fan this year - in so many different ways.
i have to agree. sometimes he looks like a .220 hitter but in the end he gets his hits. .......... and hawk probably pees in his pants anyway. :P

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a bonafide hack with no fielding instincts. i doubt he'll ever get any better.

this must be the reason, but it's not nearly a good enough excuse to me. engel is hitting .250 vs righties and 'no more' only .217 ... with no power!

i have to agree. sometimes he looks like a .220 hitter but in the end he gets his hits. .......... and hawk probably pees in his pants anyway. :P
Very good takes my friend. Go Sox!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...Minny's guy wears the obnoxious pimp glasses too? This game is gonna be magnificent.