• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox - Twins 4 game series 9/14-9/17

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously disrespected the ump crossing the plate.
The Sox were reportedly interested in him via trade prior to this season. I'm glad they didn't pull that trigger, because Donaldson's actions were beyond immature. He will be fined - I'm sure.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two fine outings in a row for Rey Lopez. Behold - Adam Eaton - brought Giolito, Dunning and Lopez - three members of the current rotation. That trade is looking good.

Nice game by the Sox - Abreu again factors in as a key. Eloy, of course, also had a big hit. Glad to see Encarnacion get a HR - I hope he warms up.

I'm beginning to worry about Moncada's lack of power and Robert's lack of contact.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two fine outings in a row for Rey Lopez. Behold - Adam Eaton - brought Giolito, Dunning and Lopez - three members of the current rotation. That trade is looking good.

Nice game by the Sox - Abreu again factors in as a key. Eloy, of course, also had a big hit. Glad to see Encarnacion get a HR - I hope he warms up.

I'm beginning to worry about Moncada's lack of power and Robert's lack of contact.

You and me both my good man.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beginning to see robert's roy disappear,

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, those are horrific numbers. It would be nice to clinch the division, but at least we have the playoffs locked. Maybe Ricky should give him a couple of games off. I don't know.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, those are horrific numbers. It would be nice to clinch the division, but at least we have the playoffs locked. Maybe Ricky should give him a couple of games off. I don't know.
Play Dyson a game or two and let Robert sit. Play Mendick over Moncada so he can rest too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play Dyson a game or two and let Robert sit. Play Mendick over Moncada so he can rest too.
We do not have the luxury of doing that, man. This is a pennant race. We're 3 games up with 10 left. Not 10 games up with 10 left.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any question that Robert will right the ship and get going again, but it is a brutal period for him right now. I really don't know if rest is the prescription - or just playing through it would be better. One thing - though - is the Sox have a team that can pick him up - what could be better than that?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not have the luxury of doing that, man. This is a pennant race. We're 3 games up with 10 left. Not 10 games up with 10 left.
Sitting Robert and Moncada one or two of those 10 isn’t going to derail anything in my opinion.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting Robert and Moncada one or two of those 10 isn’t going to derail anything in my opinion.

Unless there's an injury reason, I don't think we should sit any one of our young guys. Not because of our current year situation, but for learning/experience.

Moncada is playing like dong. Good. Work through it. Learn to push through it. He's an integral piece of our puzzle and we might as well let him figure this out now going into next season and beyond. It's all about experience, learning and growing...even in the bad times. And trust me, I'm the first guy that will throw a sh*t-playing player under the bus. But the youth have to get the bad out of the way to get to the good...Might as well let 'em do it now.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there's an injury reason, I don't think we should sit any one of our young guys. Not because of our current year situation, but for learning/experience.

Moncada is playing like dong. Good. Work through it. Learn to push through it. He's an integral piece of our puzzle and we might as well let him figure this out now going into next season and beyond. It's all about experience, learning and growing...even in the bad times. And trust me, I'm the first guy that will throw a sh*t-playing player under the bus. But the youth have to get the bad out of the way to get to the good...Might as well let 'em do it now.
I don’t disagree. Moncada should sit over Robert for sure. Robert should just get a day off, which Ricky has done here or there. What Robert is dealing with is a prolonged offensive slump where he gets down in every count 0-2. The worst pitchers in the league beat the best rookie in the league when they have them 0-2 every AB. Moncada is plain bad now and he mentioned he is dealing with fatigue etc.

Was simply opining on what I’d do as a couch manager.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree. Moncada should sit over Robert for sure. Robert should just get a day off, which Ricky has done here or there. What Robert is dealing with is a prolonged offensive slump where he gets down in every count 0-2. The worst pitchers in the league beat the best rookie in the league when they have them 0-2 every AB. Moncada is plain bad now and he mentioned he is dealing with fatigue etc.

Was simply opining on what I’d do as a couch manager.

I'd go for a Melvin and then a "Stop lollygagging" approach.

Robert blowing that catch really grinded my gears yesterday. LOL...I really would like to give his ass a Melvin for that.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go for a Melvin and then a "Stop lollygagging" approach.

Robert blowing that catch really grinded my gears yesterday. LOL...I really would like to give his ass a Melvin for that.
It was a frustrating play for sure. If I had to guess, he learned from it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think it's ever been the case that you have a rookie (or any young player) just keep playing no matter how bad they are. that can be dangerous to the players psyche. normally you get a day off now and then but this schedule isn't working that way. moncada is worthless right now. if you can't see it you're blind. he should get at least 2 days off to figure out what he's doing wrong. robert ... geez, you're talking about 2/3 of a month of being useless! anyone who says you gotta leave these guys in because we're contending hasn't got a clue! robert should also sit out at least 2 and demand he stop reading about how great he is. the replacements would be adequate.
vets can work thru things while playing, rookies not so much (i don't consider yoan a vet).