• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which TV show should I invest in next? (recommendations)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t find another thread that fit, and this was close enough…

I just finished a full rewatch of House. It aged well. I would recommend anyone to either watch it for a first time or for a rewatch. Hugh Laurie is fantastic.

But that leaves me somewhat showless at the moment. I will probably binge Reacher S2 this weekend after the finale airs. I think I still have the latest season of Jack Ryan. What else is there that you recommend? Rewatched are OK if I haven’t seen it in a while, and if it was good enough the first time.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just finished a full rewatch of House. It aged well. I would recommend anyone to either watch it for a first time or for a rewatch. Hugh Laurie is fantastic.

But that leaves me somewhat showless at the moment. I will probably binge Reacher S2 this weekend after the finale airs. I think I still have the latest season of Jack Ryan. What else is there that you recommend? Rewatched are OK if I haven’t seen it in a while, and if it was good enough the first time.
Have you seen Firefly?

Hannibal

Bodyguard

Bosch

Justified

Downton Abbey

Luther

Brooklyn 99

The Leftovers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Firefly?

Hannibal

Bodyguard

Bosch

Justified

Downton Abbey

Luther

Brooklyn 99

The Leftovers
I tried watching Hannibal when it first aired. It did absolutely nothing for me.

Not familiar with Bodyguard. I will have to look into that.

Bosch was watched too recently. Not ready for a rewatch (not sure I liked it enough for a rewatch, regardless).

I need to watch the reboot of Justified. Thanks for the reminder.

DA…. Yeah…. No.

Luthor. I watched the first 2 or 3 seasons years ago. I think there is 1 season I still haven’t seen. This is a good idea.

B99. I don’t know why, but I watched much if not all of the NBC years. I don’t think I bothered with any of the Fox seasons. Or do I have reversed? Anyway, I bailed on it because it just wasnt funny. I have no clue why I stuck with it as long as I did. I never really liked it.

Leftovers was OK. The explanation was clever enough that a rewatch may not be a bad idea.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burn notice

Alias

I’ve been watching ncis and I dig it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burn notice

Alias

I’ve been watching ncis and I dig it
Burn notice was cheesy, and it lasted too long. But I only watched it when it was on, so a binge may be worthy.

Did an Alias binge a few years back. It was good, but it didn’t really feel like it required a follow up.

I like NCIS. But I didn’t find it until bout S5 or S6, so I binged the front at about that time. And there are so many NCIS titles that exist that I am kinda burnt out on the IP. I watched the pilot of Hawaii and didn’t feel any draw to go further and I haven’t even bothered to give Sydney a try. New Orleans was really cringe and LA was too buddy/buddy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burn notice was cheesy, and it lasted too long. But I only watched it when it was on, so a binge may be worthy.

Did an Alias binge a few years back. It was good, but it didn’t really feel like it required a follow up.

I like NCIS. But I didn’t find it until bout S5 or S6, so I binged the front at about that time. And there are so many NCIS titles that exist that I am kinda burnt out on the IP. I watched the pilot of Hawaii and didn’t feel any draw to go further and I haven’t even bothered to give Sydney a try. New Orleans was really cringe and LA was too buddy/buddy.

BN is great popcorn tv

Didn’t see it as cheesy though

I admit seaosn 5 and 6 were less than ideal, and probably could’ve been combined into one season, but 7 makes up for it imo

Fair on alias

I only saw it for the first time mid pandemic in 2020

Also loved castle but will admit that it likely went a little longer than needed

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got some Japanese anime that’s as good as many of our acclaimed TV programs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you’ve watched Mad Men?
Didn’t do much for me. And I wasn’t a fan of the finale. I also wanted then to do more with his true identity. That always felt unfinished.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got some Japanese anime that’s as good as many of our acclaimed TV programs.
My nephew LOVES anime. I have tried a few, but never got into it. I enjoyed Battleship Yamamoto when I was younger, but I am not certain that is really considered anime.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psycho Pass
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Steins; Gate
Death Parade
Ghost In The Shell: SAC
Odd Taxi
Paranoia Agent
Dr Stone
Code Geass
Vivy: Flourite Eye’s Song
Violet Evergarden

All very strong and not childish

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t do much for me. And I wasn’t a fan of the finale. I also wanted then to do more with his true identity. That always felt unfinished.

i miss the fun syfy shows of the early to mid 2000s...

Eureka, Warehouse 13, and the Librarians(TNT)...

all just fun shows...

the closest we have to that now is Resident Alien, but that is not quite to the level of the above 3...

I would love a reboot for Eureka or warehouse 13... change it however you want... but the premises of those shows had endless of fun hijinx...

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i miss the fun syfy shows of the early to mid 2000s...

Eureka, Warehouse 13, and the Librarians(TNT)...

all just fun shows...

the closest we have to that now is Resident Alien, but that is not quite to the level of the above 3...

I would love a reboot for Eureka or warehouse 13... change it however you want... but the premises of those shows had endless of fun hijinx...
Warehouse 13 was a rework of an 80s show called Friday the 13th. It was about a bro and sis (I think the bro was Andrew McCarthy, iirc) who inherited their uncle’s old pawn shop. They found out the pawn shop sold cursed items, and the had a ledger of all the sales, so they made it their life’s work to collect all the objects back. It didn’t last more than a season or two, but it was a fun concept.

Edit:

McCarthy had absolutely NOTHING to do with this show…

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warehouse 13 was a rework of an 80s show called Friday the 13th. It was about a bro and sis (I think the bro was Andrew McCarthy, iirc) who inherited their uncle’s old pawn shop. They found out the pawn shop sold cursed items, and the had a ledger of all the sales, so they made it their life’s work to collect all the objects back. It didn’t last more than a season or two, but it was a fun concept.

Edit:

McCarthy had absolutely NOTHING to do with this show…

didnt know it was already a reboot... was there any references?? i know Warehouse 13 was in the same universe as Eureka... it is considered a spinoff...

But the idea itself has been done elsewhere to... but what made these shows so fun was the shows tone... it was almost a comedy... not really HAHA funny...

again, if i heard that they were making remakes of these two shows... i would be very happy... and hope they are as fun... they would need to stay away from the HORROR GENRE though...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt know it was already a reboot... was there any references?? i know Warehouse 13 was in the same universe as Eureka... it is considered a spinoff...

But the idea itself has been done elsewhere to... but what made these shows so fun was the shows tone... it was almost a comedy... not really HAHA funny...

again, if i heard that they were making remakes of these two shows... i would be very happy... and hope they are as fun... they would need to stay away from the HORROR GENRE though...
Sorry, I didn’t intend to say it was a reboot or anything like that. Just that it was using the same concept as a show that existed approx 20 years earlier.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I didn’t intend to say it was a reboot or anything like that. Just that it was using the same concept as a show that existed approx 20 years earlier.

concepts are almost always taken from others anyway...

Warehouse 13 and the Librarians were basically the same concept... Warehouse 13 show was first... but the Librarians was a tv movie first, and created before Warehouse 13...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS Rogue Heroes on Prime, a BBC effort.

Mostly based on fact. Kind of a slick modern day Rat Patrol.

Interesting modern soundtrack with it as well. AC/DC does the opening bit. Motorhead makes an appearance. The Clash make an appearance. And then they go to a Cairo night club and it’s Sing Sing With A Swing, a Benny Goodman song.

Only 6 episodes.

Last edited: