• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which three would you keep on your team

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you are keeping 3 of the list. Call me crazy, I don’t care about 2 years from now. I would keep Conner, David Johnson and juju.

rb depth in keeper/dynasty leagues are key because it brings premium value for trades later on in the season. And both Conner and and djohnson are your high upside guys. Definitely over mostert.

and if I had to choose a wr from your group it would be juju. With a close second for kupp. But I think juju is your best chance to get value back.
well I got til sept. to decide.
Interesting enough. I am hearing a lot of different views.
Doesnt help make my decision any easier, but I like the feedback! :thumb:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I got til sept. to decide.
Interesting enough. I am hearing a lot of different views.
Doesnt help make my decision any easier, but I like the feedback! :thumb:

Just wondering. Who you leaning and why??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering. Who you leaning and why??
originally after season was over Mostert & Kupp & ?
Mostert was my best guy at the end of the season.

Then DJ got traded muddied the water. I envision him being used a lot now.
Heard Conner might be the 3 down guy (muddied the water)
JuJu got his QB back (you guessed it)
Gallup I figured if needed I could redraft him. With Cooper getting his money & the new Rookie, plus Pollard is supposed to get more catches this year. A lot of balls to share for a receiver.

Perfect world I would get two WRs & two RBs from this list. (which would make 3 WRs with Thomas)
but if 3 wrs & one RB made more sense, I could live with that.

I am honestly keeping an open mind on all of them right now.
They all have question marks & all could be bad ass next year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J Taylor
CEH
Swift
Dobbins
Conner
Mostert
D Johnson
Akers
RoJo or Vaughn (pick your poison)
Boston Scott
Lamar Miller/Harris/Michel/White??? (again, pick your poison)

I can see a world where keeping all your WRs and drafting RB heavy would pay out nicely for you
With all due respect i dont think this will be a good year for rookies. No contact practices. No preseason. Basically their first taste is game 1. And some on this board have called this years draft class "complimentary" pieces moreso than workhorses.
The season may be over (due to covid) before they get significant touches. And i'm not just saying that cause theyre rookies.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After starting the season with four 100+ yard games in his first five weeks and then lighting up the Bengals for 7-220-1 in Week 8, his snaps declined late in the year. The Rams played more two-TE sets to counter defenses stacking the line of scrimmage to slow down the L.A. running game, and that sent Kupp to the bench. (That’s one reason Tyler Higbee went off late in the year.) "

"109 points in standard-scoring from weeks 1-9, but from weeks 10-17, Kupp scored only 69 points"
Buyoed by TD's as well

"his usage took a steep decline as the offense moved away from their signature three-WR sets to heavier two-TE set to help quell their offensive line woe"

"Kupp seemingly took a back seat to Tyler Higbee towards the end of the season as their two-TE set proved to beneficial to the entire offense—often being benched throughout the game by Sean McVay. The team’s willingness to trade away Brandin Cooks further solidifies their stance on moving away from the 3-wide receiver set that brought Kupp so much success."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR league

Cooper Kupp
Raheem Mostert
James Connor
Michael Gallup
David Johnson
JuJu Smith-Schuster

(Already have Michael Thomas as the other keeper)

Ideally would have liked to go two WRs & 2 RBs, but I want to atleast try & keep one RB if I go 3 WRs.
Mostert I had already penciled in, but with DJ's new place. I will feel foolish if he blows up in Houston.
The Steeler players get their QB back.
Kupp I traded for last year knowing I was gonna keep him, but here I am with all these options. (will Goff rebound)

Pretty Confident Conner & Gallup arent making the cut, but figured I should throw them in as considerations for all you gurus out there.

Kupp and Mostert are the two definites for me.
I’m not a believer in Juju as a #1 so I would say DJohnson for your 3rd.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect i dont think this will be a good year for rookies. No contact practices. No preseason. Basically their first taste is game 1. And some on this board have called this years draft class "complimentary" pieces moreso than workhorses.
The season may be over (due to covid) before they get significant touches. And i'm not just saying that cause theyre rookies.

Conner is the only workhorse available, so he'd prob be better off keeping him.

whether it's rookies or vets, the only RBs that he'll be able to get will be complimentary pieces. 5 player keeper league, even with only 10 owners, means that there won't be much RBs left that see significant touches outside of the incoming rookies.

I played fantasy with this one guy, thought he was a bit crazy, but he drafted both D. Freeman and T. Coleman back in the ATL days for his team one year, in back-to-back rounds!
It panned out nicely for him, as he was able to corner the RB position for a team, and just so ended up both RBs were fantasy relevant that year. I think that's the play this year with Colts/Lions.

Draft both RBs, so if only one pops, you got him. If they split the load and both effective, you got them both.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After starting the season with four 100+ yard games in his first five weeks and then lighting up the Bengals for 7-220-1 in Week 8, his snaps declined late in the year. The Rams played more two-TE sets to counter defenses stacking the line of scrimmage to slow down the L.A. running game, and that sent Kupp to the bench. (That’s one reason Tyler Higbee went off late in the year.) "

"109 points in standard-scoring from weeks 1-9, but from weeks 10-17, Kupp scored only 69 points"
Buyoed by TD's as well

"his usage took a steep decline as the offense moved away from their signature three-WR sets to heavier two-TE set to help quell their offensive line woe"

"Kupp seemingly took a back seat to Tyler Higbee towards the end of the season as their two-TE set proved to beneficial to the entire offense—often being benched throughout the game by Sean McVay. The team’s willingness to trade away Brandin Cooks further solidifies their stance on moving away from the 3-wide receiver set that brought Kupp so much success."
The funny thing about that blurb...the author clearly didn't watch the games, or check the snap counts. Kupp wasnt on the bench..he was lined up as the off TE, and stayed in to block while Higbee ran HIS routes. Same overall results, Kupp took a backseat.. But he was out there..which just makes it all the more frustrating

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Joe..I can't see very many rook's being fantasy assets this year. Good keepers, stashes, absolutely. And maybe by midway through, they become reliable enough to depend on, but, you could be effed in your leagues by then.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Joe..I can't see very many rook's being fantasy assets this year. Good keepers, stashes, absolutely. And maybe by midway through, they become reliable enough to depend on, but, you could be effed in your leagues by then.

another thought to layer on this - aren't we expecting to see an increase in injuries or time missed for players due to the Rona?

that would open the door for a lot of rookies/unknowns to see significant playing time/touches.

this may be the biggest rookie boon in the history of fantasy.

(much to Joe's displeasure, I'm sure, lol)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about that blurb...the author clearly didn't watch the games, or check the snap counts. Kupp wasnt on the bench..he was lined up as the off TE, and stayed in to block while Higbee ran HIS routes. Same overall results, Kupp took a backseat.. But he was out there..which just makes it all the more frustrating
ha really? The sad thing, thats not the only place I saw that information. I just posted one of them.However, i wouldnt be suprised if one person posted it, and the rest just copied the work and ran with it. its kinda the MO of a lot of FF sites.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My three would be DJ, Mostert and JuJu. think you can draft WRs easier than RBs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram WR Snap Counts last season:

Full season
upload_2020-8-11_11-18-34.png

Wk 12
upload_2020-8-11_11-19-4.png

Wk 13
upload_2020-8-11_11-19-27.png

Wk 14
upload_2020-8-11_11-20-2.png

Wk 15
upload_2020-8-11_11-20-27.png

Wk 16
upload_2020-8-11_11-20-52.png

Besides week 14, Kupp stayed roughly around his season avg for snaps at the end of last season.
Does anyone recall if he got hurt that game? Couldn't find any injury history for him last year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram WR Snap Counts last season:

Full season
View attachment 250278

Wk 12
View attachment 250279

Wk 13
View attachment 250280

Wk 14
View attachment 250281

Wk 15
View attachment 250282

Wk 16
View attachment 250283

Besides week 14, Kupp stayed roughly around his season avg for snaps at the end of last season.
Does anyone recall if he got hurt that game? Couldn't find any injury history for him last year.
He got dinged up here and there I recall, but I certainly wouldn't claim to remember exactly what game...seems like a plausible reason though

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha really? The sad thing, thats not the only place I saw that information. I just posted one of them.However, i wouldnt be suprised if one person posted it, and the rest just copied the work and ran with it. its kinda the MO of a lot of FF sites.
Oh it was so fucking maddening..watching them line up, every play, and identifying where my boy Kupp was at, watching the snap, and then him acting like a RB looking for a d-lineman to hit, as Goff dumped it to Higbee or whomever..I think I set a new record for yelling at the TV

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it was so fucking maddening..watching them line up, every play, and identifying where my boy Kupp was at, watching the snap, and then him acting like a RB looking for a d-lineman to hit, as Goff dumped it to Higbee or whomever..I think I set a new record for yelling at the TV
Funny thing is, with the personnel they have, and the line they have, and the 2nd half success they had, do you see them going away from that formula.......

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thought to layer on this - aren't we expecting to see an increase in injuries or time missed for players due to the Rona?

that would open the door for a lot of rookies/unknowns to see significant playing time/touches.

this may be the biggest rookie boon in the history of fantasy.

(much to Joe's displeasure, I'm sure, lol)
Or it could be banner years for the "average Joe's".... the journey vets who understand the NFL, just weren't good enough to be thier team's " guy". The Shady's, the L. Miller's, the Crow's, the Freeman's, the Gore's..Powell's, ..ect..
Not many of those rooks were plus pass protectors in college, some, but not many. I doubt many coaches want an injury/illness to thier guy to domino into another one for thier QB.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, with the personnel they have, and the line they have, and the 2nd half success they had, do you see them going away from that formula.......

how well does Van Jefferson block?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...was having a discussion along those lunes with Monkey a month ago too...I'm a seller on Kupp at this point.