• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which three would you keep on your team

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What made Kupp so good early on was the amount of catches he would get. (PPR league)
the big question is. Can he get back to that?
Well the amount of catches were nice, no doubt. But five of his first 8 games were 100+ yds (one 200+) and he scored five times in those eight.
I mean, you're right, the catches, but, its not like he had 8 for 50, 9 for 75...he was producing like a madman with those catches too.
Then he went dry and only five of five in the final five weeks finding the end zone saved him from a total disaster in the fantasy playoffs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the amount of catches were nice, no doubt. But five of his first 8 games were 100+ yds (one 200+) and he scored five times in those eight.
I mean, you're right, the catches, but, its not like he had 8 for 50, 9 for 75...he was producing like a madman with those catches too.
Then he went dry and only five of five in the final five weeks finding the end zone saved him from a total disaster in the fantasy playoffs
Yeah I had traded for him right near the end of that. However I did get him for his 7/220 & a TD which was nice.
Luckily his catch pct was damn near perfect when he started getting less & less chances.
5 of the last 7 weeks he was 100% catch ratio. So he still did well for me just wasnt the maniac he was early on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he had some really good games first half of the season, I would think the Rams would like to see that happen again. OL is what forced the changes for the Rams, they needed to assist it and a extra TE and quicker ( so shorter) passes is how they decided to address it. The OL might even be worse this season, if so probably not a offense you would prefer having stock in. That being said think defenses adapt to defend those short passes to tight ends after seeing it and having game tape and the offense will be forced to throw down field. Also the Rams could be playing from behind in many games forcing the Rams to be more aggressive. I'm not a Kupp buyer or seller, more of hold type. The OL problems won't last forever maybe only another season. Then Kupp becomes the kind of WRs folks want in their lineup again. The problem isn't Kupp talent.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's crazy is that I could actually see Kupp being a better blocker than Higbee and Everett (especially Everett).

he's a hard nosed guy that doesn't mind going over the middle for catches or blocking for the run game, might as well have him in pass pro too, lol

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's crazy is that I could actually see Kupp being a better blocker than Higbee and Everett (especially Everett).

he's a hard nosed guy that doesn't mind going over the middle for catches or blocking for the run game, might as well have him in pass pro too, lol
Apparently coach agrees with you

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW juju is tied with golladay for the 8th best odds to lead the league in receiving yards.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR league

Cooper Kupp
Raheem Mostert
James Connor
Michael Gallup
David Johnson
JuJu Smith-Schuster

(Already have Michael Thomas as the other keeper)

Ideally would have liked to go two WRs & 2 RBs, but I want to atleast try & keep one RB if I go 3 WRs.
Mostert I had already penciled in, but with DJ's new place. I will feel foolish if he blows up in Houston.
The Steeler players get their QB back.
Kupp I traded for last year knowing I was gonna keep him, but here I am with all these options. (will Goff rebound)

Pretty Confident Conner & Gallup arent making the cut, but figured I should throw them in as considerations for all you gurus out there.
well I went with Connor, Kupp & DJ
even though Mostert is being drafted ahead of DJ & JuJu is being drafted ahead of Kupp.

Lets see how bad I fuck this up LOL

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I went with Connor, Kupp & DJ
even though Mostert is being drafted ahead of DJ & JuJu is being drafted ahead of Kupp.

Lets see how bad I fuck this up LOL

not sure the difference between those decisions you made will be all that significant, unless Juju or Mostert ball out this year

Conner was the only "must keep" considering your options

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohhh not kupp~ he spent the second half of last year blocking

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohhh not kupp~ he spent the second half of last year blocking
they are saying the Rams are going to be passing an insane amount this year. Also saying JuJu hasnt impressed as a #1 during camp (whatever that means) & Connor & DJ share the same bye week. If I took JuJu over Kupp that would be three of my keepers all on the same bye week. Not that I am confident either way.
Think Juju will be gone by the time I pick again but I think mostert I might be able to get back (unless a better back falls)
Kinda have a plan for new WRs this year anyways. I'll see if that backfires.

My luck the guys I left behind will blow up & the guys I chose will become duds LOL
We will see.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are saying the Rams are going to be passing an insane amount this year. Also saying JuJu hasnt impressed as a #1 during camp (whatever that means) & Connor & DJ share the same bye week. If I took JuJu over Kupp that would be three of my keepers all on the same bye week. Not that I am confident either way.
Think Juju will be gone by the time I pick again but I think mostert I might be able to get back (unless a better back falls)
Kinda have a plan for new WRs this year anyways. I'll see if that backfires.

My luck the guys I left behind will blow up & the guys I chose will become duds LOL
We will see.
rams were passing at the end of last year, kupp was still blocking..

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Looks like I should have stuck with my initial thoughts on keeping Mostert :doh: :pout: