• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which teams are Tanking? 2017 Draft

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix definitely won't be tanking unfortunately. Earl Watson said he wants to keep Tucker and Chandler and keep stringing wins together, and after winning back to back road games in the East I have a feeling his thoughts are only reinforced.

This team has talent, but the slow start to the season is practically insurmountable unless they go on some crazy winning streak and soon. Knight is the only player I could see being moved, maybe Jared Dudley but who knows.

Lakers should tank so they can keep their pick, but I don't envision Walton buying into that.
Mavericks and Heat should tank, they both need young talent desperately (Dallas more so)
Kings are kinda stuck in no mans land just like PHX, they should tank, but they are close to the 8 seed so they will probably win too many games for their own good.
Sixers probably don't care where they wind up. They have so much young talent and future picks coming in they'll be content anywhere from 1-8, especially with how deep this draft is.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the most important thing is... some of these teams are so bad and wildly inconsistent it won't be their choice whether or not they want to tank, lol.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers should tank. The quicker they get good again the better it is for the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really isnt, i believe Clarkson is our most polished player.
with all due respect- Clarkson has had 1 30pt game in his career- a loss against a bad Nuggets team. Waiters just went for 33 in back to back games and was the main reason his team won games against two very very good teams in Houston and Golden State.

I think Clarkson is more consistent and has a better head on his shoulders then Waiters- but Clarkson does not have the talent to do what Waiters can do. The guys are basically the same age too--- Clarkson is a few months younger. Clarkson could not have done what Waiters just did to Houston and Golden State- he doesnt have that high end talent- ---- there is no shame in that--- there is a reason why Waiters was a top 5 pick and Clarkson was a taken much later in the draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a reason why Waiters was a top 5 pick and Clarkson was a taken much later in the draft.

He was also picked by the same GM who picked Bennett as #1 the year before. Great decision making there... :crazy:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings aren't smart enough to tank, they keep telling themselves they can be a playoff team when the only reason they're close to 8th is because the bottom of the West is HORRIBLE! The FO might trade for a scorer now that Rudy is out for the year instead of trading away guys like Collison, Koufos, and Afflalo/McLemore. It'd be great if the Kings could get a top 5 pick(after a possible swap), but I know that won't happen.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix definitely won't be tanking unfortunately. Earl Watson said he wants to keep Tucker and Chandler and keep stringing wins together, and after winning back to back road games in the East I have a feeling his thoughts are only reinforced.

This team has talent, but the slow start to the season is practically insurmountable unless they go on some crazy winning streak and soon. Knight is the only player I could see being moved, maybe Jared Dudley but who knows.

Lakers should tank so they can keep their pick, but I don't envision Walton buying into that.
Mavericks and Heat should tank, they both need young talent desperately (Dallas more so)
Kings are kinda stuck in no mans land just like PHX, they should tank, but they are close to the 8 seed so they will probably win too many games for their own good.
Sixers probably don't care where they wind up. They have so much young talent and future picks coming in they'll be content anywhere from 1-8, especially with how deep this draft is.

Sting those sixers are really starting to come around. They have arguably the best big man, and simmons, and a few nuggets and they like Boston still have boat loads of picks. The Sixers are turning the corner. Side note: I heard that Colangelo hates Noel because Noel would not agree to spend summer camp in Philly, so he basically benched him ("injury"). The Noel mis management is strange

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a very small possibility of the Lakers actually keeping the pick, I doubt they'll be tanking. They're experimenting and they currently suck, but they're not tanking.

Lakers currently would have the second pick in the draft. There is a very good chance they will have a top 3 pick

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wouldn't and he shouldn't. Players and coaches don't tank, front offices do. They do it by not making trades that could immediately improve the team and by keeping their better players out of games to "rest" or on IR longer than necessary.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, the Lakers don't necessarily need a top 3 pick. They already have tons of young talent. What they need is an experienced team leader which will only be possible through trades or free agency.

If somehow they do get a top 3 pick I hope they trade it for a star.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting those sixers are really starting to come around. They have arguably the best big man, and simmons, and a few nuggets and they like Boston still have boat loads of picks. The Sixers are turning the corner. Side note: I heard that Colangelo hates Noel because Noel would not agree to spend summer camp in Philly, so he basically benched him ("injury"). The Noel mis management is strange

There is a good article on The Ringer saying the NBA "Executive of the Year" should be Sam Hinkie.

How funny would that be if he won. (which he won't, but still)

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good article on The Ringer saying the NBA "Executive of the Year" should be Sam Hinkie.

How funny would that be if he won. (which he won't, but still)

Well he certainly took the long road but with the cap going up and players now willing to stay with smaller city teams he really had little choice

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes they do. They need alot of picks. Good article on that subject here. They rested Randle. Something is up.

Lakers or Sixers? Not even a question now, and the lack of a plan in L.A. is startling

Young talent isn't an issue. Veteran leadership is. And while guys like Mosgov, Deng and Williams are great mentors, they aren't real leaders.

You can fill the team up with #1 picks from here to kingdom-come and they still wouldn't have a winning record without a real leader. Philly and Minnesota are also examples of that.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaqdaddy I think we are seeing the philly plan starting to pan out. Not every high pick works out as you know but after having 3 or 4 years of high picks the sixers look deep and they still have picks ahead.

Picks dont have to be used, you can trade them, as did Ainge to get I.T. But you need assets and a top 3 pick in what is suppose to be a good draft only helps. Lets see if suddenly players start sitting out games. Having a top 3 pick is what LA needs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes they do. They need alot of picks. Good article on that subject here. They rested Randle. Something is up.

Lakers or Sixers? Not even a question now, and the lack of a plan in L.A. is startling

The issue isn't the lack of a plan, the issue is that when the Dwight/Nash deal blew up, the Lakers were fucked. They knew going in that they were mortgaging the future in an attempt to get Kobe another ring or 2 before he retired.

For the Lakers to have acquired the young talent they have shows that there is a plan in place. I think people are overreacting because of the way they have fallen off after the 10-10 start.

What people aren't taking into account is that the 10-10 start was always fools gold and the league was always going to adjust. After 20 games, everyone had played them or had film on them, so they knew how to play them.

The Lakers have also had a pretty bad run of injuries to key players which hasn't helped matters.

It took every one of 82 games for them to get to 17 wins last year. They are already at 16 this year, so there is already obvious improvement.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats easy silly, the Cavs, they lost 6 out of last 10...