• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team has more pressure in Denver/Seattle game

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the radio on the way in this morning and they were discussing. They had John Lynch on and he said Denver will have more pressure, one of the radio hosts agreed saying that Denver spent all off season trying to revamp their team to be tougher after what happened in the superbowl. So the pressure is on them to come out and show they've changed and can hang with the hawks.

The other host (who I agree with) went the other way. Seattle is sitting at 1-1. This while a big name and the rematch, is game three and you have Arizona and SF in the division you cannot lose a second game especially with the harder back half of the schedule. (funny how the back half of Seattles schedule is considered harder we play GB, SD, Den all playoff teams from last year already)

What do you guys think. Denver with the "big picture" Or Seattle with the real possibility of going into a bye in last place in the division at 1-2.....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver. And It's not even close.

Not just because of the SB or the off season rebuilding effort, but also Manning isn't getting any younger and there has to be a sense there that they can't screw up many more opportunities to win the big one.

Of course a loss for either isn't the end of the season or the fight for HFA. Way too early in the season for this to derail either team.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver. And It's not even close.

Not just because of the SB or the off season rebuilding effort, but also Manning isn't getting any younger and there has to be a sense there that they can't screw up many more opportunities to win the big one.

Of course a loss for either isn't the end of the season or the fight for HFA. Way too early in the season for this to derail either team.

Disagree completely. A loss in the toughest road game of the year to go 2-1 versus a home loss to go 1-2???

Seattle has more pressure.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree completely. A loss in the toughest road game of the year to go 2-1 versus a home loss to go 1-2???

This is my thinking. Especially after the D had trouble last week in SD. If Peyton comes out and marches down the field off the bat oh boy will there be some tightened butts.... in my house atleast! lol

Lombardi n Coke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree even more completely. The Broncos have more pressure due to the fact that they laid an egg in the Super Bowl last year against a team they should have beat.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree even more completely. The Broncos have more pressure due to the fact that they laid an egg in the Super Bowl last year against a team they should have beat.

Seahawks fans DONT FEED THIS troll. Let's please try to keep on topic.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of sixteen regular season games. One of eight at home for Seattle and one of eight on the road for Denver. Not a playoff game, though it might affect playoff positioning of one or both teams.

I say the level of pressure on Denver is about that which was on TB last night, while the Squawks face a pressure level more like that which the Falcons felt.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the fact that Denver is already 2-0 and Seattle is 1-1 means that the game should be more important to Seattle so I'd say they probably have more pressure to win. Plus, like someone else stated, if Denver were to lose they would be losing to the SB champs on the road at one of the toughest places to play in the league so there would be no shame in that. On the other hand Seattle is always expected to win at home so a loss would be big.

But as far as most pressure goes I think you need to look at San Fran. If they lose they'd be 1-2 and have 2 losses inside the conference plus a division loss. They've got far more at stake this weekend than Seattle does. Even if Seattle loses both losses would be against AFC teams so they wouldn't really affect any tie-breaking scenarios later on.

A Seattle win + San Fran loss = perfect weekend even though the Cards would still hold first place.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we will have to agree to disagree. The game being at home for Seattle means they have less stress/worry going into it. That means more confidence. Denver has two close wins at home vs 1 good team and one bad and sputtered on both offense and defense at times in both. They aren't in rhythm and they know it.

Both teams have a lot of reasons to really really want to play well in this game. That's a different thing than feeling pressure. Manning has a reputation (Not that I agree with it) of not showing up in prime time games and folks are just looking for reasons to add another brick to that wall. They rolled every dice and turned over every stone after the SB to revamp that team to win the SB and that has to be a pressure on this team for the entire season. They are flat out expected to win and Elway is not going to sit easy with any set backs from that goal. Coming into this game and laying another egg would be a huge set back.

Seattle already won their SB. Of course they want to repeat and they are hungry to get it, but pressure over it? FAR more pressure on the team that came close and failed that has an aging QB with few seasons left to get that team over the top. So much so that it has to be obvious to everyone.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has more pressure. Seattle is and has clearly been a weaker team on the road. So IMO home field is critical.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has more pressure. Seattle is and has clearly been a weaker team on the road. So IMO home field is critical.

Historically that is true, but they were 6-2 on the road last year. Plus up until last week they hadn't lost a road game by more than a TD since Russell Wilson arrived, which shows they are very competitive even on the road.

If they can put together a decent road record this year (and they don't have a great start) maybe they can start to put the "bad on the road" narrative to bed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

I love all of these comments on the site lately about how bad Seattle is on the road.

2013 they went 6-2 on the road and their two losses were by 6 to Indy in a hard fought game and 2 to SF where one mistake on defense cost them that game.

Yeah, that's a horrible road team right there. :whistle:

Trust me, they do not think they will lose in any game, anywhere, at any time. They had 5 early games last year. FIVE. And lost 1 of them. West coast teams will tell you how hard it is to travel across the country and play at what feels like 10am to your body. That team has confidence on the road as well they should.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more pressure on Seattle simply because it is a road game.

Truth be told this is one of the least important games on the Broncos schedule. Obviously they want to win but if they lose it won't really affect their season much.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love all of these comments on the site lately about how bad Seattle is on the road.

2013 they went 6-2 on the road and their two losses were by 6 to Indy in a hard fought game and 2 to SF where one mistake on defense cost them that game.

Trust me, they do not think they will lose in any game, anywhere, at any time. They had 5 early games last year. FIVE. And lost 1 of them. West coast teams will tell you how hard it is to travel across the country and play at what feels like 10am to your body. That team has confidence on the road as well they should.

Wizard, dont be too hard on the guy, People HAVE to take shots where they can. Were the reigning champs. He does have a point, we are a much better home team, It's not like where the oakland raiders on the road by any means, But even last year, Houston, STL, Indy, SF, Carolina were all dog fights. Those games are alot more lopsided in Seattles favor in front of the 12s

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on Seattle, and it's not close IMO. If the Broncos lose a road game in the most hostile environment in the NFL it's not that big of a deal. If they come in and become the second team to beat Seattle at home in two years then it's a big deal.

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, its Denver. They spent money this off-season revamping their D to compete with Seattle. That's no secret. Seattle came out and proved they were the better team in the Super Bowl. Now it's Denver's turn to show that they have made the right upgrades to compete with Seattle. I understand that if Seattle loses, they fall to 1-2, but its early in the season. I think a 2-1 Denver team who has lost the last 2 to Seattle would be more worrisome than a 1-2 Seattle team.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say there is more pressure on Denver and it's not close. They had their pants pulled down and spanked like little children in the biggest game of the year and on the biggest stage. They were completely embarrassed and I think that has stuck with them all offseason and this game was circled early on.

I think it's just another week for Seattle. Not that it isn't important, but I don't think it's any more important than any other game. Probably less so in fact because it's not even a divisional game

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, its Denver. They spent money this off-season revamping their D to compete with Seattle. That's no secret. Seattle came out and proved they were the better team in the Super Bowl. Now it's Denver's turn to show that they have made the right upgrades to compete with Seattle. I understand that if Seattle loses, they fall to 1-2, but its early in the season. I think a 2-1 Denver team who has lost the last 2 to Seattle would be more worrisome than a 1-2 Seattle team.

The part in bold is what I disagree with. They spent money this offseason to improve areas of the team. That's what a lot of teams do. Seattle is not in their division or even in their conference. Denver does not compete with Seattle. How often is there a repeat Super Bowl? You think everything Denver did this offseason was done for the slim, slim chance of meeting Seattle again in this year's Super Bowl?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams go into Seattle figuring to lose. So, Denver really has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Unless they suffer a major injury.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is every opinion wrong when not seen as a Seahawks fan opinion?

Up until last year they were perfect at home for a few seasons. Hence most loses were on the road.

You wonder why peeps talk of hawks fans being sensitive? One comment and I am suddenly lumped in as delusional hater.

What was road record under PC before that? Does only last year count? I guess to make it sway your direction.