• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team has more pressure in Denver/Seattle game

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wins this game in whatever fashion will garner overreaction from around the country. If Denver wins people will point to the Seahawks being 1-2 and having a Super Bowl hangover. If Seattle wins people will claim Denver still is not tough enough or physical enough to beat a team like Seattle.

In reality this is a week 3 game. I think Seattle needs it more being at home and trying to avoid going 1-2. However if Seattle does lose and fall to 1-2 I think they are good enough to climb out of it. If Denver does lose they are still 2-1 with only an out of conference road loss which doesn't hurt you in a tiebreaker for the most part. I get its a Super Bowl rematch but since its in week 3 I don't think it has as much importance as if it were later in the year

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wins this game in whatever fashion will garner overreaction from around the country. If Denver wins people will point to the Seahawks being 1-2 and having a Super Bowl hangover. If Seattle wins people will claim Denver still is not tough enough or physical enough to beat a team like Seattle.

In reality this is a week 3 game. I think Seattle needs it more being at home and trying to avoid going 1-2. However if Seattle does lose and fall to 1-2 I think they are good enough to climb out of it. If Denver does lose they are still 2-1 with only an out of conference road loss which doesn't hurt you in a tiebreaker for the most part. I get its a Super Bowl rematch but since its in week 3 I don't think it has as much importance as if it were later in the year

This gets my vote for most-spot-on-analysis so far this year. Each point is exactly correct. Kudos.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should start the "over-reaction Monday" post right now....

I fully intend to make an over-reaction thread Sunday night -- if Denver wins, of course.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say Denver after the ass whooping they took in the Super Bowl

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for that quote of where I told you that you were a delusional hater. Guess that's not happening? :noidea:

Right, it was a gross butt hurt overreaction. :whistle:

Thump your chest elsewhere... I wave the white flag you win oh wise one.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h9A0DD2EB

WizardHawk <<<< >>>> eryone else

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unreal.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also threw the ball 58 times. And the 2nd GOAT after Montana
JS

Thanks Sonny and the way the year is going , looks like I'm gonna sporting a Seahawks AV for a month

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read through the thread, but I feel there is more pressure on Denver than on Seattle. Even if Seattle loses, they still have the rest of the season to get right. And the NFCW is going to beat up each other. But if Denver loses, the doubt of them ever beating Seattle in a SB rematch creeps in. From a psychological standpoint, Denver needs this win more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few thoughts on this...First I do think Seattle is a decent road team if the need would ever arrive in the playoffs. Nobody would want to play them even on the road but I will say this in I definitely like my chances a whole heck of a lot more playing them with them on the road. Last year they only beat one playoff team on the road and that was Carolina early in the season where Carolina fumbled late in the game to give Seattle the game. Other average teams have played close games against Seattle when Seattle was on the road so they are definitely very beatable on the road.

2) More pressure in the game...I think Denver feels pressure in not letting this game turn into another blow out. I think the Broncos can lose this game and still come out of it with some huge confidence though say they only lose by a field goal to Seattle at home. I for one as a Bronco fan can be satisfied if Denver keeps this game within 10 points that they on a neutral field could compete with Seattle say they would meet up in the Super Bowl.

3) Because of that I do think Seattle has the more pressure as it is win or have a lot tougher road ahead. Back-to-back losses heading into the Bye is not quite what you want. Throw in falling that much further behind not only in the division but then for home field for the conference is not what you want either. The NFC looks a whole heck of a lot tougher than the AFC this year so having to go on the road will be no easy task for sure. For the Broncos one loss in the AFC is not going to be too big of a deal. Cincinnati is the only other undefeated team in the AFC that looks like they could give Denver a run for their money so at worst they would be 1 game behind for the AFC with a great chance of still getting homefield.

Either way I do think Seattle and Denver have more pressure in this game than there should be for an out of conference game. Cannot wait to watch this one...still pissed that I live in one of the very few zones in the country that is not playing the game. I get the freaking Chiefs/Dolphins game.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy reading you're posts Cd and agree with you i would say 80%.

Gotta post something though,,,

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice video DoubleJive...Can't really disagree with anything said in the video. Seattle plays with the swagger that every fan dreams their team could play with. I hear that word all the time and it gets over used as I would say probably the only team in the league that I would feel comfortable saying that about would be Seattle.

Hopefully the Broncos bring a little of their own this game. Should make for one heck of a game. Win or Lose I'm excited to see the Broncos go up against the defending champions. Got to beat the best to be the best.