• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which team did better with their first two draft picks? Jaguars or Cowboys

Which team did better with their first 2 picks?

• Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack

Votes: 72 79.1%

• Total voters

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. James Andrews told him that he didn't need arthroscopic knee surgery after day 1 of the draft which is why he got snatched up pretty quickly in the 2nd round. Without those rumors swirling around he would have easily been a top 10 pick in the first round.
To be fair if both were healthy J. Smith would of went ahead of Jack. Smith was the better LB overall. The question now is who's need is worse. Time will time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson (220 lbs, led NFL in rushing, arguably best bellcow in the league)
Doug Martin (222 lbs, 2nd leading rusher in the NFL, feature back in TB)
Todd Gurley (227 lbs, 3rd leading rusher in the NFL, feature back in STL)
Darren McFadden (222 lbs, 4th leading rusher in the NFL, defacto feature back as Dallas had no other option)
Chris Ivory (222 lbs, 5th in the league in rushing)
Latavius Murray (230 lbs, getting heavier, 6th in the league in rushing but Oakland wants another back to share time)
Devonta Freeman (208 lbs, 7th in the league in rushing, unquestioned 3 down back now and moving forward)

Seems like Zeke is perfectly in line as a bellcow back, and 225 is by no means "finesse".

Looking back over the last several years, the main bellcow backs in the league (Peterson, Martin, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte, etc) all profile significantly closer to Zeke. There is one big back that is a bellcow and it's Le'Veon Bell, and it's because he is an elite pass-catcher, something Henry is most assuredly not.

Everything you say goes against facts and logic, dude.
Lynch was a bellcow. Just throwing that out there.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is different. U think that will be a strength right away. I don't think so. I just think Ramsey would of been a better pick up for dallas. Dallas already has 2 Rbs that can hold down the fort. Elliot will be fine I understand that. Im not saying he sucks. Im just not a fan of a RB be taken at #4 unless its an AP or LT type coming out. Last time I checked the RB who had the best year last year was Henry(Heisman winner).
Never said College was the same as the NFL, but you're talking like he doesn't know about pass protection, in other words your talking like you don't know what you're talking about.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch was a bellcow. Just throwing that out there.
Yup, and he was 215 lbs. Thanks for throwing out yet another example of how wrong you are and how little you know.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said College was the same as the NFL, but you're talking like he doesn't know about pass protection, in other words your talking like you don't know what you're talking about.
Ok so lets clear it up then. No I dont think he doesnt know how to do it and Yes I know he can catch better out of the backfield then Henry.

In my Opinion they could of got Ramsey and then Henry(if they wanted a RB). Those 2 would of been a better combo instead of a RB at #4 and a LB with a bad knee. Now dont get me wrong if Healthy Smith was a Top 10 talent. Im a ND fan and he is one of my Fav ND players. I wish him the best and hope he becomes that great LB I thought he could be before the injury.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so lets clear it up then. No I dont think he doesnt know how to do it and Yes I know he can catch better out of the backfield then Henry.

In my Opinion they could of got Ramsey and then Henry(if they wanted a RB). Those 2 would of been a better combo instead of a RB at #4 and a LB with a bad knee. Now dont get me wrong if Healthy Smith was a Top 10 talent. Im a ND fan and he is one of my Fav ND players. I wish him the best and hope he becomes that great LB I thought he could be before the injury.
I'm with you on Ramsey but what you are failing to see here is Dallas didn't go in to this draft looking at RB. They were looking at Zeke. Period, OR they changed their mind on the clock...which they say they didn't.

Who's to say at this point? One thing...jerry ain't afraid of being wrong

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no problem Im trying to be fair.
Yet you think a 247 lb RB has a better chance of being a 3-down back than a 225 lb back?

I think you're taking the "cow" from "bellcow" a little too literally.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on Ramsey but what you are failing to see here is Dallas didn't go in to this draft looking at RB. They were looking at Zeke. Period, OR they changed their mind on the clock...which they say they didn't.

Who's to say at this point? One thing...jerry ain't afraid of being wrong
U are right about that. He does go all in and if he is wrong he says it. Like I said in the end I think he will be fine. With that Oline almost any RB can run for 1000 yards. Look at McFadden who ran for 1000 yards. the year before he ran for only 534 yards. His last 1000 yard season was 2010.

I think best case Elliot has a chance to be like Murray behind that Oline. Worst case he is a Change of pace back who is productive. I dont think he will Flop overall. He might flop for a #4 pick but overall should be productive for Dallas.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think best case Elliot has a chance to be like Murray behind that Oline. Worst case he is a Change of pace back who is productive. I dont think he will Flop overall. He might flop for a #4 pick but overall should be productive for Dallas.
I really don't know. I think it's the overall contribution and it needs to be off the charts for the 4 hole.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you think a 247 lb RB has a better chance of being a 3-down back than a 225 lb back?

I think you're taking the "cow" from "bellcow" a little too literally.
I dont see him pounding the ball like Henry can. Just look at the college season. Henry had 2200 rushing yards, 28 TDs, 11 catches for 93 yards. Elliot had 1800 yards 23 TDs. Henry overall was the better RB last year in college. Elliot had 23 catches for 206 yards.

Both players didnt fumble last year(very impressive for the amount of touches.)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know. I think it's the overall contribution and it needs to be off the charts for the 4 hole.
I agree that is why Im not a fan of a RB at #4. He really needs to be the next AP or LT or Bell to make that #4 pick look good. That is why Ramsey at #4 and then Henry in the 2nd rd would of been better.

Time will tell. I really hope J. Smith does well. He was a special talent before that Injury.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see him pounding the ball like Henry can. Just look at the college season. Henry had 2200 rushing yards, 28 TDs, 11 catches for 93 yards. Elliot had 1800 yards 23 TDs. Henry overall was the better RB last year in college. Elliot had 23 catches for 206 yards.

Henry wasn't the better RB last year, he just had way more volume. Elliott averaged .7 ypc more than Henry. Elliott has proven time and time again that he can pound the ball and hasn't had a single injury problem.

You're really showing a very elementary level of knowledge about how the RB position works.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Henry wasn't the better RB last year, he just had way more volume. Elliott averaged .7 ypc more than Henry. Elliott has proven time and time again that he can pound the ball and hasn't had a single injury problem.

You're really showing a very elementary level of knowledge about how the RB position works.
Let me further help you understand the dynamic. The last time a RB that weighed over 230 lbs led the league in rushing was in 2003, when Jamal Lewis did it. Go back and look at the top 10 rushers in the league each and every year. Nearly every one of them is much closer to Elliott's size. Why? Because heavy backs like Henry don't have the ability to be workhorses due to risk of injury and general conditioning.

In other words, there's a reason Elliott was drafted in the top 5 and Henry was drafted at the end of the 2nd round.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy's because they have better coaching.... Bradley is in over his head, he's not head coach material...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me further help you understand the dynamic. The last time a RB that weighed over 230 lbs led the league in rushing was in 2003, when Jamal Lewis did it. Go back and look at the top 10 rushers in the league each and every year. Nearly every one of them is much closer to Elliott's size. Why? Because heavy backs like Henry don't have the ability to be workhorses due to risk of injury and general conditioning.

In other words, there's a reason Elliott was drafted in the top 5 and Henry was drafted at the end of the 2nd round.
Ok and my opinion is I like Henry better. Its not a big deal. I made my case and told you why. I don't have to agree with you. Just like some think Lynch will be better then Goff and Wentz. Its peoples opinions. Henry was the better RB last year in college and I just like his play more. Its no knock on Elliot. I think Elliot will be good especially behind that Oline.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok and my opinion is I like Henry better. Its not a big deal. I made my case and told you why. I don't have to agree with you. Just like some think Lynch will be better then Goff and Wentz. Its peoples opinions. Henry was the better RB last year in college and I just like his play more. Its no knock on Elliot. I think Elliot will be good especially behind that Oline.
I never said your opinion was wrong, it's an opinion. I said your reasoning was wrong, which it is. Hence why I showed you evidence over and over again of how your logic was extremely flawed. This is not hard to figure out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only argument you can have towards Henry being the better back in college was each player's game against Michigan St. Elliott sucked, was potentially injured or sick that week and lashed out at the coaching staff. Henry was alright and did a decent job against an overmatched Michigan St. I'm not sure you can make much from that in terms of NFL projection.

Again, though, getting 1 more year out of Elliott (who is a year younger than Henry) even if they are even prospects (and they aren't) makes Elliott look better.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said your opinion was wrong, it's an opinion. I said your reasoning was wrong, which it is. Hence why I showed you evidence over and over again of how your logic was extremely flawed. This is not hard to figure out.
Nope I guess the heisman Committee was wrong then. LOL They should listen to you.