• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which team did better with their first two draft picks? Jaguars or Cowboys

Which team did better with their first 2 picks?

• Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack

Votes: 72 79.1%

• Total voters

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only intelligent thing you've said in this conversation.
Nope u proved that about you. U are trying to start an argument over someones opinion. I like Henry better. its not a big deal. Elliot isnt a bell cow type of RB in my eyes. Maybe he can become one but not from Day 1 and not this year. I still think Elliot is good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope u proved that about you. U are trying to start an argument over someones opinion. I like Henry better. its not a big deal. Elliot isnt a bell cow type of RB in my eyes. Maybe he can become one but not from Day 1 and not this year. I still think Elliot is good.
When you make remarkably uneducated comments like you're making, you're deservedly going to get ripped for them. It would've been like saying "I prefer Brandon Weeden to Andrew Luck. No reason why, I just do." Anyone with knowledge of football can see how foolish that statement is, as Luck excelled in basically every way as a QB prospect while Weeden had several glaring holes.

There isn't a hole to Zeke's game. He's the definition of a bellcow back, a true 3-down back. Pretty much the opposite of Henry, who is decent at best in pass pro and no threat whatsoever as a receiver.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make remarkably uneducated comments like you're making, you're deservedly going to get ripped for them. It would've been like saying "I prefer Brandon Weeden to Andrew Luck. No reason why, I just do." Anyone with knowledge of football can see how foolish that statement is, as Luck excelled in basically every way as a QB prospect while Weeden had several glaring holes.

There isn't a hole to Zeke's game. He's the definition of a bellcow back, a true 3-down back. Pretty much the opposite of Henry, who is decent at best in pass pro and no threat whatsoever as a receiver.
Homer Alert. LOL U are a OSU fan. It makes sense now why you are like this.

2nd Andrew Luck sucks.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer Alert. LOL U are a OSU fan. It makes sense now why you are like this.

2nd Andrew Luck sucks.
:L
When you know nothing at all about football, why do you bother posting on the board?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know. Maybe this will help you.

Henry 6'3 247;bs(needs to lose a little) Now that is a bellcow RB(Potential) Power Back
Elliot 6' and 225(good weight) Finesse back.

Both should be good but my gut says Henry will be better, Elliot might have better numbers because of the Oline but Film will say other wise. Again just how I feel. If im wrong Im wrong. Its just like some think Lynch will be a better QB then Wentz and Goff.

We dont know at this moment.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still in shock Jacksonville was able to steal Jack like that. They dominated this draft. Their defense is going to be as good as the Texans pretty soon.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me I know Plenty.

HOMER ALERT
"The only reason you think Zeke is a bellcow is because you're a homer, even though every other analyst also has said this"

"Trust me, I know plenty"

Holy shit... We'll just leave this one alone.

:suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Henry 6'3 247;bs(needs to lose a little) Now that is a bellcow RB(Potential) Power Back

Both should be good but my gut says Henry will be better, Elliot might have better numbers because of the Oline but Film will say other wise. Again just how I feel. If im wrong Im wrong. Its just like some think Lynch will be a better QB then Wentz and Goff.

Adrian Peterson (220 lbs, led NFL in rushing, arguably best bellcow in the league)
Doug Martin (222 lbs, 2nd leading rusher in the NFL, feature back in TB)
Todd Gurley (227 lbs, 3rd leading rusher in the NFL, feature back in STL)
Darren McFadden (222 lbs, 4th leading rusher in the NFL, defacto feature back as Dallas had no other option)
Chris Ivory (222 lbs, 5th in the league in rushing)
Latavius Murray (230 lbs, getting heavier, 6th in the league in rushing but Oakland wants another back to share time)
Devonta Freeman (208 lbs, 7th in the league in rushing, unquestioned 3 down back now and moving forward)

Seems like Zeke is perfectly in line as a bellcow back, and 225 is by no means "finesse".

Looking back over the last several years, the main bellcow backs in the league (Peterson, Martin, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte, etc) all profile significantly closer to Zeke. There is one big back that is a bellcow and it's Le'Veon Bell, and it's because he is an elite pass-catcher, something Henry is most assuredly not.

Everything you say goes against facts and logic, dude.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both have a high probability of completely throwing away their 2nd round pick.

Elliott is going to be a good player. I think he is Mark Ingram with more power and thats pro bowl level. The positional value does stink, though, *but* Elliott is only 20 and will only be 21 when the season starts. Ramsey is a year older than him so the number of years that they might be in the league would theoretically be close to similar if they both pan out.

The thing with the NFL, though, is the #1 indicator of team success if pass defense. If Ramsey can be a lockdown CB, he is the better pick regardless of what Elliott does. If Ramsey is just a Talib level CB (without the off the field issues) then its closer to a push. Jacksonville hired Seattle old DC so Ramsey is essential in evaluating his ability to coach. The Cowboys have Jason 'ridiculed for throwing the ball too much' Garrett so the Elliott pick seems more of a Jerry Jones pick than anything.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to my position on drafting RBs early, I went Dallas, largely because I think they had inside info on Smith. Conversely, Jack's knee is basically a ticking time bomb that no one can predict.
Dr. James Andrews told him that he didn't need arthroscopic knee surgery after day 1 of the draft which is why he got snatched up pretty quickly in the 2nd round. Without those rumors swirling around he would have easily been a top 10 pick in the first round.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both have a high probability of completely throwing away their 2nd round pick.

Elliott is going to be a good player. I think he is Mark Ingram with more power and thats pro bowl level. The positional value does stink, though, *but* Elliott is only 20 and will only be 21 when the season starts. Ramsey is a year older than him so the number of years that they might be in the league would theoretically be close to similar if they both pan out.

The thing with the NFL, though, is the #1 indicator of team success if pass defense. If Ramsey can be a lockdown CB, he is the better pick regardless of what Elliott does. If Ramsey is just a Talib level CB (without the off the field issues) then its closer to a push. Jacksonville hired Seattle old DC so Ramsey is essential in evaluating his ability to coach. The Cowboys have Jason 'ridiculed for throwing the ball too much' Garrett so the Elliott pick seems more of a Jerry Jones pick than anything.

That doesn't sound right.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't sound right.
Carolina and Denver had the top 2 pass d's last year according to footballoutsiders. Seattle's Super Bowl appearances hinged on top pass defense play. New England had Revis in 2014.

The outlier seems to be Buffalo from 2013 and 2014. Pretty much every other top pass defense had great success.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dont agree, and not because I'm a 'Cowboys fan'.

Henry cannot run laterally in the NFL-he'll get chopped down instantly. In college, he was fast enough to do it, but not in the league. He was a great running back at Bama, and has the chance to be really good in the NFL, but his height is going to be a limiting factor, imo.

Elliott is the perfect size for an NFL running back, he's very solid and can hit like a hammer. I've watched him kill rushers pass blocking. Plus, he can catch, all which makes him an every down back.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL he cant be a bellcow. 1st off he needs to learn how to pick up Blitzs and he needs to learn the offense. Elliot will be #3(fighting for #2) at the start of the season and later on move to #2(then splitting carries with mcFadden). McFadden will be Their #1 this year.

you obviously have not seen him pass block, picking up blitzes. No knock on you...I'm not a OSU fan so didnt see all the games either. But I have seen him pass block and pick up blitzes, and it's quite possibly his greatest skill, which says a lot because he's a really good runner.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is, you have a choice between DB Ramsey and RB Elliott.

RBs have lost value in a game that has gone in whole hog on passing (rules adjustments to prove that point are multiple). However, the position still has value, and in my estimation will be on the rise in the next few years. Offenses are now going to start hitting defenses hard where they are becoming the weakest: the run game.

Defenses have been spinning down safeties to linebacker, and linebackers to ends. All to counter the pass game. Watch as offenses look to improve their OLines and their rungame, in order to control the clock and keep the other offense off the field.

It's the same old tactic that has been used in the past, and it's going to make a comeback, imo.

Taking a very talented DB is a good move...but a talented corner just shuts down his side and you dont really hear from him. A talented RB behind a strong line will get the ball 25 times a game. If it wasnt the Cowboys, I'd have probably picked up Ramsey. But with that OL, and a fragile quarterback, Elliott was the smart choice.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you want, but blitz pickup and pass protection are Elliott strengths.
NFL is different. U think that will be a strength right away. I don't think so. I just think Ramsey would of been a better pick up for dallas. Dallas already has 2 Rbs that can hold down the fort. Elliot will be fine I understand that. Im not saying he sucks. Im just not a fan of a RB be taken at #4 unless its an AP or LT type coming out. Last time I checked the RB who had the best year last year was Henry(Heisman winner).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you obviously have not seen him pass block, picking up blitzes. No knock on you...I'm not a OSU fan so didnt see all the games either. But I have seen him pass block and pick up blitzes, and it's quite possibly his greatest skill, which says a lot because he's a really good runner.
I agree he is a good rusher.