• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which team did better with their first two draft picks? Jaguars or Cowboys

Which team did better with their first 2 picks?

• Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack

Votes: 72 79.1%

• Total voters

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags - Ramsey was a steal even if taken that early, and how often do we need to see these 'great' running backs fail before we realize that we just do not know how they will do in the NFL?

And as much as I hope to see Jaylon Smith make a full recovery and become his former self, we just do not know how his body will recover and if he'll ever be the same again. I'm not entirely sure how you can choose the Cowboys draft picks (though with huge upside), over the Jags.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags - Ramsey was a steal even if taken that early, and how often do we need to see these 'great' running backs fail before we realize that we just do not know how they will do in the NFL?

And as much as I hope to see Jaylon Smith make a full recovery and become his former self, we just do not know how his body will recover and if he'll ever be the same again. I'm not entirely sure how you can choose the Cowboys draft picks (though with huge upside), over the Jags.
Those are just the Bama back.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are just the Bama back.

One Bama back in Trent Richardson. However, the point is the position itself mean less than ever. This day in age you have teams throwing it 40-50 times a game and winning. The position itself just isn't as important anymore.

Outside of Seattle's Lynch, I can't think of the last team to win the SB with an All-Pro RB..? Ravens maybe with Ray Rice..? But before that I bet it was the '04 Patriots with Dillion.

Point is, the position itself just isn't as vital as it once was.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Miles Jack was the deal of the draft and could end up being DROY provided his knee holds up. It later came out that he should not need micro surgery

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles Jack was the deal of the draft and could end up being DROY provided his knee holds up. It later came out that he should not need micro surgery

And I hope he returns, but that injury could prove to hamper him more mentally than actually physically.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
And I hope he returns, but that injury could prove to hamper him more mentally than actually physically.
Is he not supposed to be good to go by training camp?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Bama back in Trent Richardson. However, the point is the position itself mean less than ever. This day in age you have teams throwing it 40-50 times a game and winning. The position itself just isn't as important anymore.

Outside of Seattle's Lynch, I can't think of the last team to win the SB with an All-Pro RB..? Ravens maybe with Ray Rice..? But before that I bet it was the '04 Patriots with Dillion.

Point is, the position itself just isn't as vital as it once was.
Eddie Lacy pissed off his share of fantasy owners last year with his garbage play, as well. Overall, the Bama backs have been a pretty underwhelming bunch in the NFL outside of Shawn Alexander.

This day and age, you have teams winning with a dominant pass rush. 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls have been won by teams with a QB that didn't finish top 10 in the league in passing yards. Joey Bosa wasn't there, and they must not have had Buckner that high on their list, so they went with the guy that can take their offense over the top.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill go with the Cowboys, simply because I think Ezeke is really special and will be the best player out of this draft

But I really do like the way the Jags are shaping up

And if doctors are correct regarding the nerve in Jaylon Smiths' knee, I like his long term prognosis over the death sentence in football that is micro fracture surgery for Jack
Im with ya.

2 question marks in the mix, and potential upside...cowboys look back in 3 years as winners on this. I see a bit of emmit in ezeke.

Im not on the jax bandwagon. I still see too much reliance on youth in key places. I dont think bortles is very good, nor will improve much on what he is. This is a big year for him. He throws way too many picks, doesn't complete 60% of his passes, and makes poor reads. His arm makes up for that, for now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill go with the Cowboys, simply because I think Ezeke is really special and will be the best player out of this draft

But I really do like the way the Jags are shaping up

And if doctors are correct regarding the nerve in Jaylon Smiths' knee, I like his long term prognosis over the death sentence in football that is micro fracture surgery for Jack

I went the opposite.

Largely on the premise that Jack won't need micro fracture surgery....Zek may be all of that and a bag of chips, but DAL has had a stud RB very recently and we saw the impact on the team...lot of production, but he couldn't get them over the hump.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not a fan of taking a RB #4 overall. RB are easy to find. I dont think he was a Top 5 talent. I think Henry will have a better career in the NFL. Now dont get me wrong Elliot will do well for the Cowboys because of that Oline. The other down note is they have to wait a year for Smith.

I just think Ramsey will be special and Jack will be able to play in year 1.

Easy vote for me. Again Both did well but right away Jags will get good production from both.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Lacy pissed off his share of fantasy owners last year with his garbage play, as well. Overall, the Bama backs have been a pretty underwhelming bunch in the NFL outside of Shawn Alexander.

This day and age, you have teams winning with a dominant pass rush. 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls have been won by teams with a QB that didn't finish top 10 in the league in passing yards. Joey Bosa wasn't there, and they must not have had Buckner that high on their list, so they went with the guy that can take their offense over the top.
OSU RBs havent done much better.

Another issue is Cowboys have too many RBs that will touch the ball next year. People forget that they signed Morris and have McFadden. Elliot wont get as many touches.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU RBs havent done much better.

Another issue is Cowboys have too many RBs that will touch the ball next year. People forget that they signed Morris and have McFadden. Elliot wont get as many touches.
If you think they're going to sacrifice carries from their #4 overall pick super stud RB in favor of some plodder like Alfred Morris, you're crazy. He will be lucky to get 2-3 carries per game, unless McFadden gets hurt in which case he'll get maybe 5-6.

Zeke is their bellcow. There's a very real possibility he is top 3 in the NFL in rushing with his NFL-ready abilities and that offensive line.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not a fan of taking a RB #4 overall. RB are easy to find. I dont think he was a Top 5 talent. I think Henry will have a better career in the NFL. Now dont get me wrong Elliot will do well for the Cowboys because of that Oline. The other down note is they have to wait a year for Smith.

I just think Ramsey will be special and Jack will be able to play in year 1.

Easy vote for me. Again Both did well but right away Jags will get good production from both.
:lol::pound:

Please, I've gotta hear the explanation for this one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they're going to sacrifice carries from their #4 overall pick super stud RB in favor of some plodder like Alfred Morris, you're crazy. He will be lucky to get 2-3 carries per game, unless McFadden gets hurt in which case he'll get maybe 5-6.

Zeke is their bellcow. There's a very real possibility he is top 3 in the NFL in rushing with his NFL-ready abilities and that offensive line.
LOL he cant be a bellcow. 1st off he needs to learn how to pick up Blitzs and he needs to learn the offense. Elliot will be #3(fighting for #2) at the start of the season and later on move to #2(then splitting carries with mcFadden). McFadden will be Their #1 this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol::pound:

Please, I've gotta hear the explanation for this one.
there is none. I just Like Henry. After watching him last year I just thought he was an better RB. Its just my Gut. Again no Bash on Elliot. I think he will be fine for Dallas especially with that Oline.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL he cant be a bellcow. 1st off he needs to learn how to pick up Blitzs and he needs to learn the offense. Elliot will be #3(fighting for #2) at the start of the season and later on move to #2(then splitting carries with mcFadden). McFadden will be Their #1 this year.
Oh I get it, you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Needs to learn to pick up blitzes? He's the best blocking RB prospect of the last 25 years or so. It's a big part of why he was the overwhelming #1 back in this class.

He'll be fighting for #2?!? Holy shit man. That is a very strong candidate for dumbest post of the year, and it's only May.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is none. I just Like Henry. After watching him last year I just thought he was an better RB. Its just my Gut. Again no Bash on Elliot. I think he will be fine for Dallas especially with that Oline.
The only intelligent thing you've said in this conversation.