• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which QB will start in the first playoff game?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz has a knee strain

Yup Kubiak said good chance Osweiler doesn't practice at least until Saturday. While I do think the injury is legit I also think this might just be giving Osweiler some time to process all that has happened in the last 5 days. This keeps him away from the media and them speculating on all they are seeing at least for a few days.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We`ve gone back and forth ( along with every Sports media program). as to who should start and why. There`s the debate and pros and cons for both Qbs being evaluated,dissected,etc and on and on. The truth is, to me anyway, it doesn`t matter who plays Qb for Denver going forward as much as how will this O-line perform. I think either QB is "capable", along with this D, to take Denver deep into postseason. The O-line is the "X" factor and regardless who is behind center, if they don`t perform better than they have all year going forward, this team will fail. They have to up their game and do it for 60 mins because I doubt there will be any blowouts coming Denvers way. So goes the O-line,so goes the Broncos hopes. We know the D will play well. They have all year. One key factor I believe that can help this line out is getting the running backs more involved in the pass game. It also takes alot of pressure off the O-line ( pass blkg) if you get the ball out quick to a rb in the flat. Denvers ( Qb or coaching) problem that I`ve noticed in games when they do hit the back it takes to long. When they do get the ball, it`s been after the qb`s 2nd or 3rd read and then he dumps it out of desperation and they usually lose yds on play. Do the play action and get the ball to the back quickly. It will help Manning and it will keep the D( LB`s safetys ) off balance and make them more vulnerable to quick slants over middle with Te`s and the deep ball. Field position and of course TO`s are always keys but if that O-line plays well, either Qb would be successful or at least keep the game close and down to the wire anyway. Rb`s last wk had 3 touches between them in passing game. Both backs can do damage,and have in past when they get opportunities. Don`t just use them as your desperation dump off all the time. To save a sack, sure.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now know the answer ... PFM will start. Obviously hope that that is the right decision. Still not sure, though. I kind of favor having the option of bringing PFM in off the bench, but it looks as if the best bet is for him to play his ass off from our first snap. It will be spectacular if he is up to the task.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why it was announced that Manning will be the starter. Maybe teams could have figured it out after a while, or had a good idea of who the starter will be, but why announce it? And Elway was keeping it under wraps in that radio interview just the other day that someone on here referenced. Now they're announcing he is the starter? I don't get it. Keep the team that we will face in round 2 guessing as much as possible for as long as possible.

And I think it is the wrong decision. Peyton's arm has just deteriorated too much. He's 40 years old and has thrown about 10,000 passes in his pro career. His arm is about to fall off. He can still do well in spot duty, but to expect him to carry this team to a Super Bowl victory is just expecting too much, imo. My hopes for this team to win it all have just taken a hit. Teams are going to force him to make deep and outside throws, and he just can't do it with any consistency.

I can't help but wonder if this decision was made by Elway out of empathy for Peyton.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Kubiak said it all along: if Peyton is healthy he is the starting QB.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak may have painted himself into a corner with that statement.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why it was announced that Manning will be the starter. Maybe teams could have figured it out after a while, or had a good idea of who the starter will be, but why announce it? And Elway was keeping it under wraps in that radio interview just the other day that someone on here referenced. Now they're announcing he is the starter? I don't get it. Keep the team that we will face in round 2 guessing as much as possible for as long as possible.

And I think it is the wrong decision. Peyton's arm has just deteriorated too much. He's 40 years old and has thrown about 10,000 passes in his pro career. His arm is about to fall off. He can still do well in spot duty, but to expect him to carry this team to a Super Bowl victory is just expecting too much, imo. My hopes for this team to win it all have just taken a hit. Teams are going to force him to make deep and outside throws, and he just can't do it with any consistency.

I can't help but wonder if this decision was made by Elway out of empathy for Peyton.

I agree with many of you that we can win with either quarterback. I'm on record as believing that Brock is the best option but I have no choice now but to stand behind Peyton Manning and I'm sure the team will do the same.

I was also mystified as to why Kubiak would make the announcement this early but I guess it's how he's done it all season. I think he's trying to stay consistent and make sure that the team doesn't have to try to hide stuff from the media. Actually, it's kind of refreshing that the Broncos don't resort to the Darth Belichickian ways.

Also, it may not matter. We've seen Peyton play Manning ball, Kubiak ball and a hybrid of both. Osweiler, same story. Honestly, I'm not sure opposing teams will know what to expect. They'll simply key on the weak spots on the Broncos O-line and have a plan for any offense the Broncos might trot out there. Neither QB has exactly lit up the scoreboard. I've come around to the fact that announcing the starter is arguably a non-issue.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's an issue with Osweiler's knee, Manning may be the ONLY choice to start. No one seems to be considering that possibility, and may be why Kubiak announced the starter so early.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's an issue with Osweiler's knee, Manning may be the ONLY choice to start. No one seems to be considering that possibility, and may be why Kubiak announced the starter so early.

I wondered the same thing about Oz maybe being hurt. I guess we'll find out within the next 10 days if that's the case.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with many of you that we can win with either quarterback. I'm on record as believing that Brock is the best option but I have no choice now but to stand behind Peyton Manning and I'm sure the team will do the same.

I was also mystified as to why Kubiak would make the announcement this early but I guess it's how he's done it all season. I think he's trying to stay consistent and make sure that the team doesn't have to try to hide stuff from the media. Actually, it's kind of refreshing that the Broncos don't resort to the Darth Belichickian ways.

Also, it may not matter. We've seen Peyton play Manning ball, Kubiak ball and a hybrid of both. Osweiler, same story. Honestly, I'm not sure opposing teams will know what to expect. They'll simply key on the weak spots on the Broncos O-line and have a plan for any offense the Broncos might trot out there. Neither QB has exactly lit up the scoreboard. I've come around to the fact that announcing the starter is arguably a non-issue.

The only thought that came to mind as to why Kubiak would announce Peyton as the starter was that it might galvanize the locker room or settle the locker room. But that could be said behind closed doors.

You may be right about it being a non-issue as to who starts, because the O-line issues could hinder the offense enough no matter who is behind center. But for some odd reason, I feel like they might play better in the playoffs. I don't know why I feel that way. It must be the homer in me.

If Manning truly is the starter, I'm going to be afraid of him throwing a pick every time he drops back. It's going to be nerve-wracking.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well notes from practice today...

The Broncos are missing a huge chunk of players today. Some are veterans day of rest since they do have the Bye Week might as well take advantage and others are injury related.

Right now missing Osweiler, Talib, Hillman, Harris, Ward, Barrett, Davis, Marshall, Daniels, and Ware.

Another interesting note the press have noticed that Manning so far has only been taking snaps from under Center. We did see him in that Chargers game take more snaps from under center so maybe Manning has finally come around to trying to work within Kubiak's system.

I did hear a story on the radio the other day that Manning was having trouble understanding how Kubiak's system could have success. Because of that he was having trouble buying into it fully. His 7 weeks off though was a very humbling time where he got to watch what playing that outside zone from under center can really do to open everything up for him. So maybe he is now a little more bought into the system. We shall see though if that translates to actual game.

Kubiak also didn't commit to Polumbus or Schofield but did sound like he was leaning Polumbus' way for the start but that Schofield will get some snaps.

That made me have wow moment ...Kubaik said in the last two weeks Manning really came around..and had made huge strides .. The first time I thought hmmm he meant one of two things .. Now I know for sure what he meant ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thought that came to mind as to why Kubiak would announce Peyton as the starter was that it might galvanize the locker room or settle the locker room. But that could be said behind closed doors.

You may be right about it being a non-issue as to who starts, because the O-line issues could hinder the offense enough no matter who is behind center. But for some odd reason, I feel like they might play better in the playoffs. I don't know why I feel that way. It must be the homer in me.

If Manning truly is the starter, I'm going to be afraid of him throwing a pick every time he drops back. It's going to be nerve-wracking.

Have some faith I think Manning might of took this time and got this O down

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have some faith I think Manning might of took this time and got this O down

Manning probably did learn quite a bit about how to run this offense during his time holding a clipboard, but I have doubts about his physical tools. By game time, however, I will probably have myself convinced that we are going to win and that he is going to be just fine. It always happens like that. That's fanhood.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my God, that's exactly how I felt in the 2nd half of the Chargers game and i just know it's going to be the same in the playoffs. Unfortunately, Peyton Manning created a shitload of "Nervous Nellies" among the Broncos faithful during the regular season!

Man, I hope we see 2013 Peyton Manning!

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God, that's exactly how I freceiver. he 2nd half of the Chargers game and i just know it's going to be the same in the playoffs. Unfortunately, Peyton Manning created a shitload of "Nervous Nellies" among the Broncos faithful during the regular season!

Man, I hope we see 2013 Peyton Manning!

Haha, when he was throwing deep, I swear that ball took 5 seconds to get to the receiver. I'm pretty sure I saw Demaryious speed-walking past the ball as it drifted through the air.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning probably did learn quite a bit about how to run this offense during his time holding a clipboard, but I have doubts about his physical tools. By game time, however, I will probably have myself convinced that we are going to win and that he is going to be just fine. It always happens like that. That's fanhood.

Oh I agree ...I been down and up so much on this team ... so I will have to remind myself..

That and SS will keep me honest

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some notes from today's practice...

The little bit that the reporters could watch they were very impressed with Manning's passing. Now remember during this part there is no defense on the field just him throwing to receivers but they thought he had perfect timing on his throws.

Injuries still keeping some guys away. Ware, Ward, Stewart, Marshall, Talib, Harris, Osweiler, and Daniels all did not practice today. Most of them I wouldn't expect them to practice until next Wednesday possibly. No reason to risk a set back at this point.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to stay out of the prophet business. I've read in the Old Testament what they did to prophets when they were wrong!