• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which QB will start in the first playoff game?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz will start

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning with the salary reduction, Peyton has taken a lot of hits off the field in the past year, including the humiliating game vs KC and subsequent benching, and then the HGH report . .

I think this puts him in a completely different mindset compared to cruising into the playoffs with all kinds of offensive records ..

This is where I think he will summon whatever he has left physically, and take inspiration from the fact that he's been knocked around an awful lot - OFF the field ..

Peyton is a competitor like no other - and I think he's got 3 games left in his body to win it all, and ride out the way he wants .... A few short weeks ago, the reality of never stepping onto a field again was staring him square in the face - and now, he can go out on top ..

He gets it done

You might turn that into a good movie script!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manning starts. People want Manning the legend and think he still exists.

I would prefer Oz to start. If he struggles we can go to Manning. If Manning starts and struggles I think that is a morale killer for the whole team. Brock has played the playoff teams we are likely to see. We know he can have success.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is official Manning is the starter for the playoffs.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised, really. If he comes out though and doesn't play well, and we're down 10-0 after a quarter I don't think Kubes will hesitate to put Brock in.

I'm torn on the decision, but it probably is the best move going into the postseason because of Manning's experience.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly disappointed in the decision. Not that I thought it would be any different as logically it is the decision that makes the most sense. At the same time I just feel so bad for Brock in he really held this team together during probably the toughest stretch of games in our season. He did his job very well and to me had done nothing to lose his job. Manning on the other hand had the worst season of any QB this year, has an injury, plays a half of football in which he looked ok and then is named the starter for the most important game of the year up to this point. I just feel Brock deserved it so much more than Manning. Now I will be cheering and hoping for Manning to come out and light whoever we play up but right now I just feel this was a bad move.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly disappointed in the decision. Not that I thought it would be any different as logically it is the decision that makes the most sense. At the same time I just feel so bad for Brock in he really held this team together during probably the toughest stretch of games in our season. He did his job very well and to me had done nothing to lose his job. Manning on the other hand had the worst season of any QB this year, has an injury, plays a half of football in which he looked ok and then is named the starter for the most important game of the year up to this point. I just feel Brock deserved it so much more than Manning. Now I will be cheering and hoping for Manning to come out and light whoever we play up but right now I just feel this was a bad move.

Another case of legend, not the man. I don't like the decision. Manning has not done anything to inspire me except the packers game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another case of legend, not the man. I don't like the decision. Manning has not done anything to inspire me except the packers game.

That is my one glimmer of hope in that was after a bye week and he did look pretty fresh. At the same time from what I understand the Packers for some reason decided to play us differently than any other team had up to that point. Most others had flooded the middle of the field and were forcing Manning to have to throw to the outside knowing his arm strength would limit how often he could hit those spots. Instead the Packers left the middle wide open and Manning of course had a great day for the most part. I don't see any of the playoff teams doing that great favor for us.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse Manning is usually money with a bye .. I think he knows this is really his last chance so I belive we are going to see a man on a mission like never before .. look he has to know this was kind of a gift from god .. I have no other answer NE never fails like this ... I can not believe Manning got the # 1 seed after a crazy ass ride like we just went though .. I am walking around in a giddy haze .. and I keep asking my self how the F88k this happened ?

Manning has his chance to do what Elway did .. I think he runs with it .. Lets hope our new RT also does this

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one major fear that I have with Manning starting is that whoever we face will try to mimic the press, punch you in the mouth at the LOS shit that Indy ran on us to perfection against Manning in the playoffs last year.

I think right out of the gate we need to let Manning fling it deep a few times to keep that defense honest. We try to play that 5-7 yard crossing route, pick play crap that Manning has become so accustomed too and that's a recipe for disaster. Gotta pull the conservative lid off come playoff time, and I truly believe Manning will be on an incredibly short leash, so if we come out and he throws a pick, or we have even just 2-3 three and outs, I fully expect to see them insert Osweiler. I just go back to last weeks' game, and damn........the kid played damn good football, but those TO's (only 1 he was responsible for - blind side sack/fumble) really shafted him.

I guess long term, I hope the brass have fully instilled the confidence in Brock that HE is going to be the QB for this team, more than likely starting next year. It'd be a sweet story to see Manning come back from injury and lead his team to a SB win, but you start slippin' just a little bit, and we have a young, gunning stud ready to come in and give a spark, if needed.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought....and I'm curious about what you guys think -

What kind of contract do you think we'll offer Oz after the season? Hopefully some team doesn't come out of left field and throw idiotic money at him, but I do feel we're going to have to pony up some dough to keep Oz in orange and blue.

Also curious to see if Von is willing to take somewhat of a "hometown discount" similar to Demaryius. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of that deal, but I'm sure Miller's contract will be closer to that dreaded $100 million range that virtually no player ever lives up to :rolleyes2:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one major fear that I have with Manning starting is that whoever we face will try to mimic the press, punch you in the mouth at the LOS shit that Indy ran on us to perfection against Manning in the playoffs last year.

I think right out of the gate we need to let Manning fling it deep a few times to keep that defense honest. We try to play that 5-7 yard crossing route, pick play crap that Manning has become so accustomed too and that's a recipe for disaster. Gotta pull the conservative lid off come playoff time, and I truly believe Manning will be on an incredibly short leash, so if we come out and he throws a pick, or we have even just 2-3 three and outs, I fully expect to see them insert Osweiler. I just go back to last weeks' game, and damn........the kid played damn good football, but those TO's (only 1 he was responsible for - blind side sack/fumble) really shafted him.

I guess long term, I hope the brass have fully instilled the confidence in Brock that HE is going to be the QB for this team, more than likely starting next year. It'd be a sweet story to see Manning come back from injury and lead his team to a SB win, but you start slippin' just a little bit, and we have a young, gunning stud ready to come in and give a spark, if needed.
That is the right mind set. Problem is he needs to complete them. If his throws are off or they just flutter around, that will scare NO ONE!! One thing to "attempt" to stretch D, quite another to complete those attempts for it to work. Hope his arm is capable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What kind of contract do you think we'll offer Oz after the season? Hopefully some team doesn't come out of left field and throw idiotic money at him, but I do feel we're going to have to pony up some dough to keep Oz in orange and blue.

Also curious to see if Von is willing to take somewhat of a "hometown discount" similar to Demaryius. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of that deal, but I'm sure Miller's contract will be closer to that dreaded $100 million range that virtually no player ever lives up to :rolleyes2:

Well I would say the defensive players who have gotten the $100 million contract as of late have done pretty well. You have JJ Watt who is still playing at an extremely high level possibly DPOY again. You have Justin Houston who was still on a tear before he got hurt. You have Suh who started the year out slow but really came on strong as the season went on. Those are the only 3 Defensive players that I know of that have gotten the $100 million contract.

As for Oz and his contract. What you usually like to do is look at past players in similar situations and see the kind of contract they got. Players that would be close to this situation would be guys like Matt Cassel and Nick Foles. Limited starts but promising stats in those starts...

Cassel signed a 6-year $63 million contract with $28 million guaranteed.
Nick Foles signed a 2-year $24 million contract with around $12 million in actual guarantees.

Both of those guys had more starts than Osweiler and honestly put up better numbers during those starts. Now given those contracts though were signed with other teams that overestimated their value. The home team didn't view them as quite that valuable. So to me the starting point for the Broncos will probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-years $30 million with some major escalators in his contract so that he can still make top dollar say we win a Super Bowl with him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time ... Manning needs 3 fricken Sec ..... if so he kills teams

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing 3-4 years $30-35 MM for BroOz. About $10MM a year

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos wr's better be ready for physical play by cb's with the tight windows Manning will have to throw the ball in. The o line will really have to step up it's game on 3rd and long to give Manning the time to throw the ball downfield. Hopefully the running game can keep it going but I also have to be realistic that the way the ran the ball against the Chargers who are terrible against the run. Should be interesting on how all this shakes out and Oz needs to be ready just in case.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well notes from practice today...

The Broncos are missing a huge chunk of players today. Some are veterans day of rest since they do have the Bye Week might as well take advantage and others are injury related.

Right now missing Osweiler, Talib, Hillman, Harris, Ward, Barrett, Davis, Marshall, Daniels, and Ware.

Another interesting note the press have noticed that Manning so far has only been taking snaps from under Center. We did see him in that Chargers game take more snaps from under center so maybe Manning has finally come around to trying to work within Kubiak's system.

I did hear a story on the radio the other day that Manning was having trouble understanding how Kubiak's system could have success. Because of that he was having trouble buying into it fully. His 7 weeks off though was a very humbling time where he got to watch what playing that outside zone from under center can really do to open everything up for him. So maybe he is now a little more bought into the system. We shall see though if that translates to actual game.

Kubiak also didn't commit to Polumbus or Schofield but did sound like he was leaning Polumbus' way for the start but that Schofield will get some snaps.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well notes from practice today...

The Broncos are missing a huge chunk of players today. Some are veterans day of rest since they do have the Bye Week might as well take advantage and others are injury related.

Right now missing Osweiler, Talib, Hillman, Harris, Ward, Barrett, Davis, Marshall, Daniels, and Ware.

Another interesting note the press have noticed that Manning so far has only been taking snaps from under Center. We did see him in that Chargers game take more snaps from under center so maybe Manning has finally come around to trying to work within Kubiak's system.

I did hear a story on the radio the other day that Manning was having trouble understanding how Kubiak's system could have success. Because of that he was having trouble buying into it fully. His 7 weeks off though was a very humbling time where he got to watch what playing that outside zone from under center can really do to open everything up for him. So maybe he is now a little more bought into the system. We shall see though if that translates to actual game.

Kubiak also didn't commit to Polumbus or Schofield but did sound like he was leaning Polumbus' way for the start but that Schofield will get some snaps.
Good stuff as always CD

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz has a knee strain