• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of the PG prospects do you like the most?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will ever change his shot. It is what it is. (as far as technique) He tried to change it a couple of years ago -- and shot terribly.

Interesting stat about Ball -- through 22 games last year at UCLA -- he made 2 shots that were not either a dunk/layup or a 3-pointer. The lack of a mid-range game in today's pick-and-roll NBA I think is a major concern. (note that even guys like Curry & IT shoot quite a few 2 point jumpers ... others like Irving/Wall/Paul ... that is their bread & butter off the pick & roll) With Ball's shooting mechanics, it isn't obvious that he can easily develop this range.

Agree and that's kind of what I was getting at re: his shooting motion. You just stated it a lot better than I did. He can get away with that shooting motion from 3 point range...not so much in the 10-15 foot jumper range where there are generally more defenders around.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will ever change his shot. It is what it is. (as far as technique) He tried to change it a couple of years ago -- and shot terribly.

Interesting stat about Ball -- through 22 games last year at UCLA -- he made 2 shots that were not either a dunk/layup or a 3-pointer. The lack of a mid-range game in today's pick-and-roll NBA I think is a major concern. (note that even guys like Curry & IT shoot quite a few 2 point jumpers ... others like Irving/Wall/Paul ... that is their bread & butter off the pick & roll) With Ball's shooting mechanics, it isn't obvious that he can easily develop this range.

He's 4th on my list of point guard prospects. Give me Fultz, Smith, and Fox over him.