• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of the PG prospects do you like the most?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most boards have the punks in the hall types, nothing surprising there.
You're a boorish child.
giphy.gif

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly like DSJ the most. I am a bit biased, but I loved his PNR potential and athleticism. He went to the wrong school this season and was on a garbage team for a garbage coach. Fultz will probably be an elite scorer but I can see DSJ being a Mike Conley or maybe even Derrick Rose level if he puts it all together.

What PG would you want on your team?

The thing that gives me pause about Fultz is how bad Washington was. I mean I know supporting cast wasn't great, but they weren't that bad, and they got swept by Arizona State and didn't even come close to beating anybody decent. They won one game in the Pac-12. If you took Fultz away, how could they possibly be any worse.

At least Smith had that game where he went off against Duke and they beat them in Cameron. But NC State was pretty bad too.

Based on that alone, I would choose Ball with the #1 pick. And I might even pick Fox over Fultz. You're looking for a franchise player who is a winner. Guys like Harden, Curry, and Wall all elevated their college teams. You could argue that Fultz is like a Westbrook, the best is yet to come, but is that worthy of the #1 pick?

I don't know. That's what I think, but then again I'm not an NBA scout. It's obvious those guys know more than I do.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that gives me pause about Fultz is how bad Washington was. I mean I know supporting cast wasn't great, but they weren't that bad, and they got swept by Arizona State and didn't even come close to beating anybody decent. They won one game in the Pac-12. If you took Fultz away, how could they possibly be any worse.

At least Smith had that game where he went off against Duke and they beat them in Cameron. But NC State was pretty bad too.

Based on that alone, I would choose Ball with the #1 pick. And I might even pick Fox over Fultz. You're looking for a franchise player who is a winner. Guys like Harden, Curry, and Wall all elevated their college teams. You could argue that Fultz is like a Westbrook, the best is yet to come, but is that worthy of the #1 pick?

I don't know. That's what I think, but then again I'm not an NBA scout. It's obvious those guys know more than I do.

UCLA had 3 players who will go in the 1st rd in this draft. Ball is a hell of a gifted player, but I try to view him in isolation of his supporting players.
My question about Fultz is quickness, he is amazingly smooth, nimble and coordinated, but is he quick enough to make it work against NBA talent ? I think he is, but it's the reason I think Smith is the safest pick among PGs, he is clearly fast and quick enough.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has the highest upside. None of the PGs other than Ball and Ntilikina have really good length. The issue with Ball is his shot and mediocre athleticism. Frank is a decent athlete but is raw as hell offensively. I would hope the Pistons luck into Ntilikina and dump Reggie Jackson.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that they have terrible guard play in a league completely dominated by guards.

If the 6ers stick in the lottery and also land the Lakers pick, they could end up with 2 of:

Fultz, Ball, Smith, Fox and Monk

Problem solved, and lookout league if they can stay healthy and grow together.

This is what worries me. I much rather have the Lakers get the pick then the sixers

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many great NBA players didn't elevate their college team? How many great college players (that elevated their college team) didn't cut it in the NBA? I don't know that you'll find a significant trend that correlates college team success with NBA team success.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many great NBA players didn't elevate their college team? How many great college players (that elevated their college team) didn't cut it in the NBA? I don't know that you'll find a significant trend that correlates college team success with NBA team success.

Like I said.

James Harden and Steph Curry.

Look at Arizona State before James Harden got there and look what he brought to the program.

Even Ben Simmons was worth a few good wins, and they almost beat the #1 team in the country when he was around. Washington lost to Yale. Most of those guys are going to be stockbrokers in a few years.

Do you want to draft someone who helps you win? Or do you want another Carmelo Anthony? Ooops. :dhd:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said.

James Harden and Steph Curry.

Look at Arizona State before James Harden got there and look what he brought to the program.

Even Ben Simmons was worth a few good wins, and they almost beat the #1 team in the country when he was around. Washington lost to Yale. Most of those guys are going to be stockbrokers in a few years.

Do you want to draft someone who helps you win? Or do you want another Carmelo Anthony? Ooops. :dhd:

Well, Carmelo won a national title in college, so probably not the best example to provide here.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Carmelo won a national title in college, so probably not the best example to provide here.

Yea. I realized that after I posted that. Lol.

There's exceptions I'm sure. But it's all the justification I need for picking Ball over Fultz.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I realized that after I posted that. Lol.

There's exceptions I'm sure. But it's all the justification I need for picking Ball over Fultz.

Fair enough.

I am personally not convinced on Ball. I only watched a couple UCLA games, and in 1 he was severely outplayed by Fox (who I think will be really good).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I am personally not convinced on Ball. I only watched a couple UCLA games, and in 1 he was severely outplayed by Fox (who I think will be really good).

His defensive effort is comical

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw him play a few times.

With Ball...it's going to be all about how bad he wants it and how hard he will work.

His passing skills are really good. He has the potential to get close to Magic level in that area. His ballhandling skills are really good too.

He needs to work on his shot. It's kind of awkward and will likely get blocked a lot in the NBA if he doesn't fix it.

I don't think this kid has even been taught a defensive stance...let alone how to actually play defense.

If the Lakers end up with him, they need to bring in Kobe to teach him how to shoot and Michael Cooper to teach him how to play defense.

Magic can make sure his passing and ballhandling skills don't slip.

His passing and ballhandling will keep him in the league for many years. How hard he works to improve his shot and defense will determine whether he becomes a star or not.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has the highest upside. None of the PGs other than Ball and Ntilikina have really good length. The issue with Ball is his shot and mediocre athleticism. Frank is a decent athlete but is raw as hell offensively. I would hope the Pistons luck into Ntilikina and dump Reggie Jackson.

Fultz has excellent length, and in my opinion the highest upside.
Smith in my opinion is the safest bet to be a very good PG though. He is very prototypical of successful NBA PGs. He does everything you look for, on the other hand Fultz has Magic you can't teach, but will it translate ?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox

Dude can fly

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him play a few times.
With Ball...it's going to be all about how bad he wants it and how hard he will work.
His passing skills are really good. He has the potential to get close to Magic level in that area. His ballhandling skills are really good too.
He needs to work on his shot. It's kind of awkward and will likely get blocked a lot in the NBA if he doesn't fix it.

I don't think he will ever change his shot. It is what it is. (as far as technique) He tried to change it a couple of years ago -- and shot terribly.

Interesting stat about Ball -- through 22 games last year at UCLA -- he made 2 shots that were not either a dunk/layup or a 3-pointer. The lack of a mid-range game in today's pick-and-roll NBA I think is a major concern. (note that even guys like Curry & IT shoot quite a few 2 point jumpers ... others like Irving/Wall/Paul ... that is their bread & butter off the pick & roll) With Ball's shooting mechanics, it isn't obvious that he can easily develop this range.