• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whether they stay or leave.....

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But perhaps his marketing/PR value + performance > trade value?

That said, definitely a possibility.

What if you could only keep 2 of Tim, Matt, or Beard, for money reasons? You'd have to let Beard go in that case, wouldn't you?

Wilson easy. I almost left him off the list and though about trading him. Even he has shown durability issues.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson easy. I almost left him off the list and though about trading him. Even he has shown durability issues.

Plus front line closers are easier to find than front line starters.

But it feels wrong. Can any other Giant be said to be the true heart and soul of the CHAMPS? Perhaps only Posey or Tim...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way Weez gets inked to a long deal this off season. A flamethrower who has recently demonstrated lower back and elbow issues does NOT get a long deal. Especially from a team with a stud closer on the fast track in the minors and a guy pitching setup who could close on about 20 other clubs.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Plus front line closers are easier to find than front line starters.

But it feels wrong. Can any other Giant be said to be the true heart and soul of the CHAMPS? Perhaps only Posey or Tim...

It would suck. but all good things must come to an end.

If Hembree can give us a 2 something ERA and 30+ saves, then I think you kind of have to pull the trigger.

Wilson would net a hefty return, especially if he preforms similarly in 2012.

jimsan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tim, for sure.

Like you said, durability is an issue. And, while he has gained some of his FB velocity back, it's still not the 96-97 heaters he was pumping 08/09.

Cain just seem like the safer bet to continue to be a bulldog out there, and maybe it's just me, but Lincecum seems like he would get the better return on prospects.

That's because he's better than Cain.