• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where we're at

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah but you get two and they go away after next year. Is there really anyone else that is worth it on the Penguins roster except MAF?

Good point, not many players on the roster that I would buyout. I guess we might as well use it on Glass.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, not many players on the roster that I would buyout. I guess we might as well use it on Glass.

With that said are you allowed to buy out players in the final year of the contract? Not sure what the rules are...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said are you allowed to buy out players in the final year of the contract? Not sure what the rules are...

Not sure either, but I don't think it makes much sense to buyout someone in the last year of their contract, such contracts are easy to dispose of. Would make more sense to buyout a long term deal like how the Flyers bought out Bryzgalov or how the Lightning bought out Lacavalier. Still tho, like you said, there really isn't anyone on the Pens that's really worth buying out, so we might as well use our buyouts on someone.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure either, but I don't think it makes much sense to buyout someone in the last year of their contract, such contracts are easy to dispose of. Would make more sense to buyout a long term deal like how the Flyers bought out Bryzgalov or how the Lightning bought out Lacavalier. Still tho, like you said, there really isn't anyone on the Pens that's really worth buying out, so we might as well use our buyouts on someone.

Totally agree. I think though he is logical out to get them under the cap. Just imagine the scenario of being able to keep Niskanen and Orpik around? That can only make their d-core stronger and hopefully more valuable come trade time during the season. I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of Despres not playing (since he is on a two -way deal and I don't think he needs to clear waivers to go back to WBS).

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem I thought it was funny or that you were Tanner Glass!

Trolling Rules

1. Thou shalt not troll a team thread.
2. If in doubt, refer to Rule #1.

Signed

HammerDown

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I think though he is logical out to get them under the cap. Just imagine the scenario of being able to keep Niskanen and Orpik around? That can only make their d-core stronger and hopefully more valuable come trade time during the season. I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of Despres not playing (since he is on a two -way deal and I don't think he needs to clear waivers to go back to WBS).

I agree, Glass doesn't really offer much to the team.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Engelland goes. If he's on the team, Disco doesn't have the will power to suppress his man-crush and not play him. If Engelland is still on the team in the fall, that's bad news for Despres.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Engelland goes. If he's on the team, Disco doesn't have the will power to suppress his man-crush and not play him. If Engelland is still on the team in the fall, that's bad news for Despres.

Gotta agree, what a joke it is that guys like Engelland & Glass play while guys like Despres & Bennett don't.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and sad thing is we all expect it.

Yeah no kidding. It's not even like we have any hope for the top young guys to play over established scrubs. I don't even care how good our prospects are anymore, no chance they'll see any ice time.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get the love affair with Engelland? Yeah his contract is super cheap but there is a reason it is that low. He is not worth being a top 6 on any team. Yeah Bortuzzo had his issues but he is here for two years give him a chance at being the #7.

Defensively Engelland helps zero and it if it only for his toughness he is here, I REALLY HATE that to be tied to a d-man. Everytime he plays and gets in a fight that puts the other 5 d-men in a tougher spot with more ice time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get the love affair with Engelland? Yeah his contract is super cheap but there is a reason it is that low. He is not worth being a top 6 on any team. Yeah Bortuzzo had his issues but he is here for two years give him a chance at being the #7.

Defensively Engelland helps zero and it if it only for his toughness he is here, I REALLY HATE that to be tied to a d-man. Everytime he plays and gets in a fight that puts the other 5 d-men in a tougher spot with more ice time.

Disco loves fighters, that's why Glass is always playing even tho he never does anything.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want Niskanen around? He blows. And Oprik can go bye bye also...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too keen on keeping Niskanen, I would actually prefer to have Despres play in his place. Reason I would prefer to keep Orpik is because having Scuderi & Orpik would provide us with 2 defensive anchors.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Eaton did for us last season, but if we keep Eaton instead of Orpik, we downgrade in every possible way: points, +/-, hits, blocks, etc.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want Niskanen around? He blows. And Oprik can go bye bye also...

I don't but if there is a scenario where you can trade him during the season when a team is desperate for a D-man vs now as a salary dump it makes sense.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Eaton did for us last season, but if we keep Eaton instead of Orpik, we downgrade in every possible way: points, +/-, hits, blocks, etc.

Mark Eaton is washed up. They were lucky to get out of him what they did last year. Doob is exactly right on this one. He would in no way be any sort of upgrade over orpik. I really didn't think Orpik had a bad year. He's nt the same as 3 years ago, but he still is pretty steady.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Eaton is washed up. They were lucky to get out of him what they did last year. Doob is exactly right on this one. He would in no way be any sort of upgrade over orpik. I really didn't think Orpik had a bad year. He's nt the same as 3 years ago, but he still is pretty steady.

Yeah, I'm usually an Orpik critic myself, but I'll admit he had a great season. 100+ hits & 100+ blocks in 46 games. What more could you ask from a defensive anchor?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see the lineup going into the season,

L1: Pascal Dupuis - Sidney Crosby - Chris Kunitz
L2: Beau Bennett - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal
L3 Dustin Jeffrey - Brandon Sutter - Craig Adams
L4: Matt D'Agostoni - Jussi Jokinen - Tanner Glass

D1: Kris Letang - Rob Scuderi
D2: Paul Martin - Brooks Orpik
D3: Simon Despres - Deryk Engelland

G1: Marc-Andre Fleury
G2: Tomas Vokoun

Really not that bad, not great, but not bad.