• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does this loss rank on your most painful losses of all time?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 all time. It has overtaken our playoff loss do to Hearst breaking his ankle. I feel like I have lost a loved one.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The worst loss that I have ever experienced is when I was a kid and the Houston Oiler lost to Buffalo. That was by far the toughest loss I had ever experienced. The worst way for your team to lose is by being up big and squandering it away.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# 1, as i was too young to understand the other ones.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#1 Roger Craig fumble
#2 Anthony Carter becoming Superman
#3 The first time we heard "Montana would have won that game."
#4 Kyle Williams miscues

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty low on the list for me. I still haven't gotten over the robbery in the '83 NFC Championship and was devastated by the loss to the Cowboyys in the '72 playoffs when we had a 28-10 4th quarter lead. I still shake my head over the '90 NFC Championship game and Game 6 of the 2002 World Series.

This one was disappointing, especially with the way we lost it but I was not caught off guard by this loss; it was always a 50-50 shot for the 49ers and they did SO much better than expected this year that it is tough for me to be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I rank '87 against the Cards, '89 against Oakland, '93 against LA, '02 against Anaheim and '11 against Florida higher. This one hurt, but the season was such a sweet surprise, it is hard to have a bad taste.

Nice to see someone else was thinking baseball. I included game 6 of the 2002 World Series amongst my most devastating defeats.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyway, it was a lot of fun BSing with you throughout the season. Next year can't come soon enough. This off season should be interesting as well with the draft and freee agency. Best to you and yours.

You as well, Ghost - So, are you taking a hiatus from the board?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You as well, Ghost - So, are you taking a hiatus from the board?

I'll be around, but probably not as much in the off season. I'm also going to try and infiltrate the SF Giants board here from which I've been banned. If Ray Dogg finds out he might ban ol Mozart from here as well. I'll try to stay on the down low.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be around, but probably not as much in the off season. I'm also going to try and infiltrate the SF Giants board here from which I've been banned. If Ray Dogg finds out he might ban ol Mozart from here as well. I'll try to stay on the down low.

Ha Ha ha...put on some camouflage and good luck! Good luck to the Giants this year as well - I see they just signed Timmy...so that is a good start...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) 91 loss with the Craig fumble, just because we were a superbowl team from the get go that year.
2) The losses to Dallas in the 90s when we had Young and that great defense
3) This last one, but I saw this game as the first playoffs for a team on the rise, so while it hurts we were so close to the superbowl I think the other ones were worse.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1) 91 loss with the Craig fumble, just because we were a superbowl team from the get go that year.
2) The losses to Dallas in the 90s when we had Young and that great defense
3) This last one, but I saw this game as the first playoffs for a team on the rise, so while it hurts we were so close to the superbowl I think the other ones were worse.

I'm always a big fan of the blowout loss (if we have to lose) - The 49-3 loss to the Giants (aside from Burt's hit on Joe) was an easy loss to take.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nothing will ever eclipse Craig blowing the '90 / '91 NFC Championship game IMO. That was the closest anyone's ever gotten to 3 SB in a row. :(

+1

This was the 2nd or 3rd worse for me though. Green Bay Game and Cowboys NFC games could be equally worse if not 2nd worse. Mourning this loss is tough man. I really don't Kyle Williams right now. At least Roger had won us his share of battles over the years before choking in that NFC game. In addition, Roger only made one crucial mistake in that game. Kyle did it twice in one game. We literally had this game in the bag if it weren't of Kyle. And I feel comfortable, very comfortable in beating the Patriots. He blew it for us!

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that the 92 and 93 losses to the Cowboys were worse. Those 49er teams were loaded and Young couldn't get over that hump. We had a chance to throw a couple more Superbowl trophies into our case and really cement that Superbowl record. I hate the Cowboys more than the Giants as well. This one hurts because it is fresh in the mind. Not to mention I really like this group of guys and it may have been the best/only chance for guys like Justin Smith and Alex Smith to win the big one.

The 90' loss to the Giants was bad too. After Montana got taken out my dad punched the ground really hard and broke his hand...scared the shit outta me cause I was pretty young.

Yup...This one is not all that bad. I still feel good about the season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
+1

This was the 2nd or 3rd worse for me though. Green Bay Game and Cowboys NFC games could be equally worse if not 2nd worse. Mourning this loss is tough man. I really don't Kyle Williams right now. At least Roger had won us his share of battles over the years before choking in that NFC game. In addition, Roger only made one crucial mistake in that game. Kyle did it twice in one game. We literally had this game in the bag if it weren't of Kyle. And I feel comfortable, very comfortable in beating the Patriots. He blew it for us!

You know, Bingo, I as well felt we would beat the Patriots - I felt more certain of that than us beating either the Saints or Giants...