• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Brandon Marshall End Up?

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because word is that the Bears have him on the market.

Marshall reminds me of a less athletic version of terrell owens. Owens could never shut up, he always through his QBs under the bus, blamed everyone else for failure and honestly, believed that they could win every game just throwing to him. Who didn't terrell owens alienate. With his athleticism and talent, he could be in the league right now..but nobody wants to deal with his personality.

There's a lesson here. great skill is great. But Being someone your teammates can tolerate is even better.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall is probably the worst teammate in the NFL over the last 10 years (or maybe second to that prick Jonathan Martin?). All he did was undermine his QB, throw everyone under the bus and talk smack on his radio show. Not to mention he's a not quite sane, which makes all of the above make sense. Great receiver, great competitor, don't want him on my team or anywhere close to it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw Marshall as a cancer. Last year was a bad year to judge his character because jay cutler was incredibly awful, and everyone was expecting a team that could compete for a Super Bowl. I don't see him near as bad as Terrell Owens and isn't even close to the worst teammate in the last ten years. I'd love to see him go to the Colts. I think he would make that team so much better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think last year is being over blown a little bit. i mean he called out Cutler publicly but dang Cutler was screwing up really bad. plus its not as if Culter is a model teamate. i know Marshal can be alot to handle and as an aging veteran that can be bad news, but i really believe this is nothing more than a cost cutting move...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing him land on the 49ers. 49ers can use a WR like him.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw Marshall as a cancer. Last year was a bad year to judge his character because jay cutler was incredibly awful, and everyone was expecting a team that could compete for a Super Bowl. I don't see him near as bad as Terrell Owens and isn't even close to the worst teammate in the last ten years. I'd love to see him go to the Colts. I think he would make that team so much better.

I was with ya, right up till ya said ya wanted him to go to the colts. :wtf:

I want him to stay a Bear. Best WR the Bears have ever had, by a landslide, and he's been nothing but the epitome of a team-player. (this last season, as mentioned, aside) He hosts off-season training, being the catalyst behind getting everyone there and started early. He is arguably, solely responsible for Alshon Jeffrey's quick ascent.

I think the Bears would be nuts to get rid of him. Unless they can pull off some crazy trade with lotsa valuable draft picks or another equally great player.....keep him.

Last edited:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's your answer

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with ya, right up till ya said ya wanted him to go to the colts. :wtf:

I want him to stay a Bear. Best WR the Bears have ever had, by a landslide, and he's been nothing but the epitome of a team-player. (this last season, as mentioned, aside) He hosts off-season training, being the catalyst behind getting everyone there and started early. He is arguably, solely responsible for Alshon Jeffrey's quick ascent.

I think the Bears would be nuts to get rid of him. Unless they can pull off some crazy trade with lotsa valuable draft picks or another equally great player.....keep him.
Whereas, I do mostly agree with you, I also want to point out that B Marsh still has a good year or two left, but those years will most likely not coincide with the bears being a contender. I think the bears should try to get some value for him while they still can. Getting rid of bmarsh will also allow Jeffery an opportunity to gain experience as the number 1 wide receiver. It will also give Marshall an opportunity at a well deserved Super Bowl. I think a move to the colts would reward him for what he has done for the bears in Chicago. It'd be sad to see him go, but he deserves a shot in the playoffs for the first time in his career. He shouldn't be forced to waste the rest of his relevant years in the nfl on a rebuilding team.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference a year makes.

Legitimate Super Bowl talk going into last year.

I think they have the tools on O, (Cutler, being the lone question mark) Despite his first year,Trestman sucked hard. The misuse, or lack of running game was pretty bad. Puts a ton of pressure on Jay and the receivers, while eliminating your best player (Forte).

Going into this season, it was all about if the D could get back, to at least middle-of-the-pack. They certainly did not do that, and the O unraveled with them.

The NFL is riddled with quick turn-arounds every season. For all anyone knows, next year the standing could be completely reversed. An injury here or there, and it's anyone's season. I want to have confidence in the new regime, and their ability to get this team back to being a respected contender.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's for a pack of Grape Big-League Chew, ima be pissed.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets have all the cap room in the world and the 6th pick overall, don't be shocked if they wind up being halfway decent next year.
They are still a few years away from competing if everything goes well. By the time they are good, Marshall will be a shell of his former self. The Jets fans will love him though. He's a great team mate and will have any young receivers the jets have ready to contribute quickly.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That move absolutely sucks for bmarsh.

does anyone really care how marshall feels? now he can be close to his showtime show. his emotional breakdown went hand and hand with the bears season. see ya