• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yaaaaaaah...Ball shot 36% from the field....Simmons shot 54.5%........

Simmons is a much better finisher at the rim.

But, he literally does not shoot the ball outside of 12-15 feet. Even then, I have seen him pass up wide open 15 footers to drive into a heavily contested shot in the paint.

Regardless of what their percentages may indicate, I think it is fair to say Lonzo is a better perimeter shooter. In the paint, it is absolutely no contest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, he literally does not shoot the ball outside of 12-15 feet. Even then, I have seen him pass up wide open 15 footers to drive into a heavily contested shot in the paint.

Regardless of what their percentages may indicate, I think it is fair to say Lonzo is a better perimeter shooter. In the paint, it is absolutely no contest.

Agree. Part of Lonzo's problem with finishing is that he needs to get stronger. Some time in the weight room should help him with finishing at the rim.

However, even if he does that, I expect that Simmons will always be a better finisher because while Lonzo can add muscle, he's never going to be 6'10" like Simmons.

Both can/need to improve their outside shots, but at least Lonzo will shoot it. Simmons needs to become willing to shoot it before he can improve.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont agree in the slightest.

I think Simmons is the 2nd best talent to come into the NBA in the last 10 years after Anthony Davis and he has the upside to be a top 5 player in the entire NBA someday. I just dont see Ingram anywhere close to that- but we shall see.

Yeah but you're also saying Tristan Thompson is a better player than Whiteside so what the fuck do you know?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

needless to say--- if i was down 2 and either Simmons or Ball were wide open behind the 3 pt line id pass the ball to Eric Snow.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

At this point, I don't think I'd be surprised by much that happens. Vegas odds have the Lakers as the favorite to sign him. Some in the media are saying that PG to the Lakers is all but a done deal.

Others in the media have him leaning towards re-signing in OKC. I've seen speculation about the Clippers going after him and about the possibility of him going to Houston as well.

Basically, I'm not believing anything about what he'll do unless and until it's reported by Woj.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If PG is getting his knees scoped, it maybe periodic maintenance or it is the beginning of the downside of his career even though he is relatively young in NBA years. Pat Riley has repeatedly advocated for a reduced season (number of reg season games) but the owners nixed it because of income loss was their reasoning. That is probably a cover for their greed but these players' bodies take a beating over the course of a season.

Granted they are hugely paid and that is why Kobe's approach to the game was/is the correct one on a number of levels. This is what Julius Randle is now doing and his game has elevated immensely in just three short years partly due to his off-season regime.

Again, the Lakers would serve their plan of developing a young powerhouse similar to what was done in GS by continuing to add talented young players through the draft and then judiciously adding integral vet pieces not necessarily max contrsct guys.

Going after max contract vets would short circuit that plan if they start chasing these players just because they can afford it or they are obsessing with the max contract player hype just to be mentioned in that arena. I think Magic and Pelinka are too smart for that Short Buss shit because presently, their plan is working and they should stick to it.

We shall see though...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill feel better if PG signs in OKC because that means LBJ aint coming within a mile of touching the Lakers unless some seriously crazy shit happens.

Please PG- stay in OKC or go to Philly or Washington....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVar Ball Unleashes Preposterous Take On Lonzo Ball, Kawhi Leonard

oh you knew it was coming at some point...lol

It was only a matter of time before LaVar Ball made his way back into the spotlight with a ridiculous take. It’s been a relatively quiet past few months in terms of Ball’s outlandishness, but LaVar made his triumphant return to lunacy during an interview with ESPN’s Marcellus Wiley and Travis Rodgers.

During the radio appearance, Ball was asked his opinion on the idea of his son, Lonzo Ball, being traded in a deal for Kawhi Leonard. LaVar, predictably, wouldn’t even entertain the thought.

“Stop it. Stop it. I’m gonna tell you why (that won’t happen),” LaVar Ball said, as transcribed by ForTheWin. “You know what Lonzo is to me? Gelo is my pretty boy. This (LaMelo) is my wow boy. But Zo is the people’s choice. They won’t let it happen. You can’t get rid of Zo! He’s the people’s choice. “Everybody on the outside can say what they want, but when you put it down on paper, the Ball boys are good for business.”

If that wasn’t enough, LaVar doubled down by firmly stating his belief that Leonard isn’t as good of a player as his son. “Stop it! … Hell no. Lonzo, I’m gonna tell you what he does, makes everyone on the team better,” LaVar Ball said. “Who don’t want to start a team with that? You put Kawhi on there, he won’t make everyone better. He’s gonna do his thing. He’s a specialty guy.”

Over the course of seven NBA seasons, including his injury-riddled 2017-18 campaign, Leonard’s résumé includes an NBA championship, a Finals MVP award, two Defensive Player of the Year awards and two All-Star appearances. While Lonzo only has one season of league experience, it’s difficult to envision him becoming as dominant of a two-way player as Leonard. It’s tough to blame LaVar for trying to hype up his son, but at some point, you just have to be a realist.

Read more at: LaVar Ball Unleashes Preposterous Take On Lonzo Ball, Kawhi Leonard
Honestly, I have better things to do then read his bullshit:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this would not be for the faint of heart because it would come with an immense amount of risk, but, there is a pathway for the Lakers to be on he level of the Golden State Warriors next season.

I am sure many of you Laker fans would hate it because of the risk though.

Here goes:

Renounce Randle
Sign Paul George
Trade Ingram, Ball, 2 firsts and Deng for Kawhi
Sign LeBron James

That would leave you with:

LeBron
George
Kawhi
Kuzma

With Hart off the bench and whatever vets you can get to sign for cheap. The problem is that the LeBron signing would likely have to come last with how he likes to delay his FA decisions. But, that would be the beginnings of team capable of beating Golden State.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I bring this up is because if Golden State is able to assert dominance over Houston, LeBron might be looking at situations like this that allows him to team with Kawhi and a 3rd star. Not many teams could have the space + assets to pull this off.

It would basically be Philly or LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, this would not be for the faint of heart because it would come with an immense amount of risk, but, there is a pathway for the Lakers to be on he level of the Golden State Warriors next season.

Here goes:

Renounce Randle
Sign Paul George
Sign LeBron James

LeBron
George
Kawhi
Kuzma

With Hart off the bench and whatever vets you can get to sign for cheap. The problem is that the LeBron signing would likely have to come last with how he likes to delay his FA decisions. But, that would be the beginnings of team capable of beating Golden State.

Definitely a bit of a risk. But, imo, a bit less of one than not doing anything and hoping that the kids develop into something special over the next 3-5 years.

In your scenario, I doubt waiting on Lebron would be much of an issue because it sets up as exactly the kind of situation he'd be looking for. Even if he doesn't come, they'd keep Randle (or take a chance on Boogie) and while it wouldn't necessarily put them on even footing with the Warriors, it would bring them darn close. No worse than 3rd in the West, probably a close 2nd since CP3 isn't getting any younger.

I'd prefer to find a way to keep one of Randle, Ingram or Ball, because while PG and Kawhi are still young, they are older than those 3. Would leave the Lakers another potential really good player in his prime to add pieces to when Kawhi and PG start to age.

But to put that roster together, you kind of have to give up what you have to give up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If PG is getting his knees scoped, it maybe periodic maintenance or it is the beginning of the downside of his career even though he is relatively young in NBA years. Pat Riley has repeatedly advocated for a reduced season (number of reg season games) but the owners nixed it because of income loss was their reasoning. That is probably a cover for their greed but these players' bodies take a beating over the course of a season.

Granted they are hugely paid and that is why Kobe's approach to the game was/is the correct one on a number of levels. This is what Julius Randle is now doing and his game has elevated immensely in just three short years partly due to his off-season regime.

Again, the Lakers would serve their plan of developing a young powerhouse similar to what was done in GS by continuing to add talented young players through the draft and then judiciously adding integral vet pieces not necessarily max contrsct guys.

Going after max contract vets would short circuit that plan if they start chasing these players just because they can afford it or they are obsessing with the max contract player hype just to be mentioned in that arena. I think Magic and Pelinka are too smart for that Short Buss shit because presently, their plan is working and they should stick to it.

We shall see though...

I tend to disagree here. The plan has never been solely to develop the kids into a powerhouse. The plan has been to develop them so that they are attractive to max level guys and to sign them.

What would short circuit the plan would be if they struck out in FA this year and signed lower tier FA's to bigger deals/longer term than they're worth just to say they "did something".

Magic has said that they aren't going to spend money just to spend money. So I expect that if they strike out in FA this year, they will sign a couple of vets to the same type of deals they signed Lopez and KCP to (heck, maybe even bring one or both back on the same type of deals) and try again next off-season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here goes:

Renounce Randle
Sign Paul George
Sign LeBron James

LeBron
George
Kawhi
Kuzma

4HgEF96.gif

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why you can't look at numbers and just make comments out your ass.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here goes:

Renounce Randle
Sign Paul George
Sign LeBron James

LeBron
George
Kawhi
Kuzma

Intelligent comment. Albeit unlikely. And it's something Wiggy can't see happening because his brain would explode.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to disagree here. The plan has never been solely to develop the kids into a powerhouse. The plan has been to develop them so that they are attractive to max level guys and to sign them.

What would short circuit the plan would be if they struck out in FA this year and signed lower tier FA's to bigger deals/longer term than they're worth just to say they "did something".

Magic has said that they aren't going to spend money just to spend money. So I expect that if they strike out in FA this year, they will sign a couple of vets to the same type of deals they signed Lopez and KCP to (heck, maybe even bring one or both back on the same type of deals) and try again next off-season.

That might have been the plan TJF12 but it is erroneous to think that the development of the youth was done solely to attract max guys. Luke doesn't operate in that myopic of a dimension as he has been about winning the GS way and being there perenially. He has stated a number of times that he is into developing the young guys into a powerhouse as a priority and if max guys were attracted, and he hoped that they would be, so be it. It is more of a case of both/and and not just a unilateral approach as your response suggests.