• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen you in a month of Sundays, CL67. I see you are still hangin' around and offering up poignant Lakers retorts!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i apologize for the hyerbole--- i really probably- if you are talking strictly looking at it-- the past 3-5 years that they have been actively trying to play the free agent markethave they struck out.

Although- if we are going to be completely honest and look broad spectrum the last time the Lakers signed a big time free agent was Shaq about 2 decades ago.

Sign Cousins, resign Randle, wait for Deng to be an expiring contract to only have 1 more year left and move him with Kuzma as the sweetener. Then sign Klay.....get a solid lotto pick next year while waiting for the kids and letting Cousins get healthy.

PG- Ball
SG- Klay
SF- Ingram
PF- Randle
C- Cousins

Bench- lotto player x, some vet min. guys...maybe even enough to bring back IT to be a 6th man type dude....who knows

thats what i would try and do if i were the Lakers unless I could get LeBron....if i could get LeBron id sell off everything and win now becuase thats what you do when you have a top 2 player of all time.
I hate to disagree with you - but yes the Lakers got Pau Gasol in a trade, but they did sign him after the fact and yes Kobe Bryant was already a Lakers, but the Lakers again did sign him to a big contract. Both players chose to sign.

On another note, Phil Jackson brought in Ron Harper, helped bring in Robert Horry and Rick Fox - and then in 2008 - they brought in enough talent to get two free agents, so Shaq Oneal was not the last big contract that they signed

Everyone in Lakers Land knew that it would be a rough time with Jim Buss in charge, but he is gone.

On another note - Cousins has mental problems - I like his game, but I would not want him on a max contract deal long term. He needs to be kept on a short leash for the time being and made to prove himself. Klay Thompson is not going anywhere until the Warriors are knocked off their their proverbial throne. I would sign Randle and consider a sign and trade for Leonard if possible - Then sign Paul George. I don't think LeBron is a good fit for the Lakers and I think he will stay if management is willing to let him participate in the choices. A lot depends on how fast Ball develops, but I think he is at least one or two years away from becoming a really good player. The Lakers should sign Isaiah Thomas and bring him off the bench.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone feel the earthquake this morning here in California?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I respectfully disagree TLF. I think we should not do a sign and trade of Randle for Leonard because Randle is going to be a stud and Leonard is on the downside of his career and doesn't have near the speed and athleticism that Randle has. Randle was playing pretty darn well at the end of the season this year and he was carry the Lakers on many nights.

Also, Thomas is done as a Laker. The emergence and rapid development of Ball and Kuzma makes a Thomas signing obsolete and that was proven at the end of the season this year. Ball was injured but this summer, the two of them hanging around Randle, who is already back in the gym preparing for next year, is going to make re-signing Thomas useless.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I respectfully disagree TLF. I think we should not do a sign and trade of Randle for Leonard because Randle is going to be a stud and Leonard is on the downside of his career and doesn't have near the speed and athleticism that Randle has. Randle was playing pretty darn well at the end of the season this year and he was carry the Lakers on many nights.

Also, Thomas is done as a Laker. The emergence and rapid development of Ball and Kuzma makes a Thomas signing obsolete and that was proven at the end of the season this year. Ball was injured but this summer, the two of them hanging around Randle, who is already back in the gym preparing for next year, is going to make re-signing Thomas useless.

I seriously hope you think he is talking about Meyers Leonard because you know a Randle for Kawhi trade is ridiculously unrealistic.

If you think he is talking about Kawhi, and you think Randle is more athletic than a 26 year old who was arguably the best player in the entire league last year, then I just don't know what to say. @True Lakers Fan was taking about Kawhi, believe it or not.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would prefer for the Lakers to keep the line up as follows and see what happens

Lonzo Ball - PG
Paul George - SG
Julius Randle - F
Brandon Ingram - F
or play Kyle Kuzma s a starting Forward and play Randle at the C

But Leonard is a really good defensive player - I think if he is willing to sign a contract extension, you would have to consider it, but you could give then Ingram instead of Randle

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to a Laker thread to get a lot of action.

#Thepurpleandgold

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously hope you think he is talking about Meyers Leonard because you know a Randle for Kawhi trade is ridiculously unrealistic.

If you think he is talking about Kawhi, and you think Randle is more athletic than a 26 year old who was arguably the best player in the entire league last year, then I just don't know what to say. @True Lakers Fan was taking about Kawhi, believe it or not.
Some experts sat that for a one year contract only on Kawhi - Ingram is the most that Kawhi is worth - The Lakers are not in a rush and there will be other free agents - They don't need to give up the store for one player. I personally think the guys on ESPN and have played in the NBA knows more than you - nothing personal

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes me think that the best possible team for LeBron to join for His legacy isn't Cleveland. It isn't Philly or LA or even Houston.

Expectations in any of those cities would be to win a championship, and they still wouldn't be as good the Warriors unless the same team got Kawhi and LeBron. Not winning in Philly or Houston would be viewed as failure and could even slightly harm his legacy.

One possibility would have minimal expectations.

The New York Knicks.

LeBron could prove once and for all what i already believe. That he can elevate a sub 30 win team to contender status. He would gain serious points if he got them to the Finals, and it wouldn't matter if he still lost to GS, which is highly probable no matter where he plays.

I do not think there is any chance he goes to NY. But I do think it would do most for his legacy with the least amount of risk.

I've thought all along they could be a sleeper destination......Even mentioned it a few times.

And they just hired Fizdale.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're not calling Leonard the best player last year - He only played 9 games

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James and Porzingis.....scary duo.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you trading for Demar?

I actually like that scenario for you guys.

But, 30 mil plus for both those guys is crippling.

and as much of a Trojans fan as i am, i'd really hate seeing DeMar as the lead dog. course i'm guessing Luke wouldn't let that happen...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as much of a Trojans fan as i am, i'd really hate seeing DeMar as the lead dog. course i'm guessing Luke wouldn't let that happen...
I don't think Derozan is a #1 option.

But, he'd be tremendous as a #2.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that is the guy. We still have not done anything with Randle and DeRozan has quietly wanted to return home to LA. If they don't re-sign Randle, the Lakers would be able to handle DeRozan and PG salary-wise.
Uh.....Derozan was a free agent a Season ago and didn't even take a meeting with the Lakers.

But, after this latest ass whooping, he might be open to it now.

NBA Rumors: DeMar DeRozan Has No Plans To Meet With Other Teams In Free Agency - Lakers Nation

DeMar DeRozan Addresses Why The Lakers Weren't An Option, What He Plans To Accomplish In Toronto

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen you in a month of Sundays, CL67. I see you are still hangin' around and offering up poignant Lakers retorts!!

Look what the cat dragged in.....LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh dear, someone else who doesn't have Kawhi's nuts in their mouth and you get pissy again.