• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I agree with the 3 point shooting. The one thing that people aren't considering though, is that the Lakers do have players who can shoot the 3.

Ingram has shown he can shoot it, so has Kuzma, Lebron can hit 3's and Rondo hasn't been too bad over the past couple of seasons. Lonzo had a streak of games last year where he hit them at a pretty good clip and showed in college that he can hit the 3. Wagner and Svi were also good with the 3 in college. Hart also showed that he can defend and hit the 3. He's also apparently making good on his promise to be the first guy in and last guy out of the gym every day. Can they hit 3's consistently enough to be more than a bit of an annoyance to the Warriors? I don't know. Probably not. But much of this season will be about who, at least among the young guys, is going to be here after this coming season. I would expect that guys who don't step up/improve...won't be here after this season.

I disagree a little bit on McGee. I think he is athletic to get 15-20 minutes against anyone. They just have to do like the Warriors and get him off the floor before he does something to get on Shaqtin' A Fool.

Stephenson isn't going to be as much of the game plan as people seem to think, imo. I think he's there to be an irritant to the kids as much as opponents. The Lakers have coddled the kids. Now they have Lebron and "shit is getting real" so the Lakers brought in guys with a little asshole in them to push, challenge and hold the kids accountable. Again, part of the weeding out process.

I think the whole point is to lean harder on the young guys. Time for them to grow up.
Yep, time for them to "grow up" and experience the "story" behind the Lakers franchise that people reference so much.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is. They all are. Some just hide it better.

I dunno. I won't disagree that most show arrogance, but I still think there's degrees to it...

and at least Shaq didn't get EXTRA sickening by calling himself "the King"...

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I agree with the 3 point shooting. The one thing that people aren't considering though, is that the Lakers do have players who can shoot the 3.

Ingram has shown he can shoot it, so has Kuzma, Lebron can hit 3's and Rondo hasn't been too bad over the past couple of seasons. Lonzo had a streak of games last year where he hit them at a pretty good clip and showed in college that he can hit the 3. Wagner and Svi were also good with the 3 in college. Hart also showed that he can defend and hit the 3. He's also apparently making good on his promise to be the first guy in and last guy out of the gym every day. Can they hit 3's consistently enough to be more than a bit of an annoyance to the Warriors? I don't know. Probably not. But much of this season will be about who, at least among the young guys, is going to be here after this coming season. I would expect that guys who don't step up/improve...won't be here after this season.

I disagree a little bit on McGee. I think he is athletic to get 15-20 minutes against anyone. They just have to do like the Warriors and get him off the floor before he does something to get on Shaqtin' A Fool.

Stephenson isn't going to be as much of the game plan as people seem to think, imo. I think he's there to be an irritant to the kids as much as opponents. The Lakers have coddled the kids. Now they have Lebron and "shit is getting real" so the Lakers brought in guys with a little asshole in them to push, challenge and hold the kids accountable. Again, part of the weeding out process.

I think the whole point is to lean harder on the young guys. Time for them to grow up.
You smart.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers still need to find another big. Javale and Zubac are the only 5's on the roster I think.

Although Moe could be an interesting guy for the team. See how that works out.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think we'd be better off with Thompson or a guy like him than Leonard.

A designated outside shooter and defender who James could kick it out to when he's double teamed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think we'd be better off with Thompson or a guy like him than Leonard.

A designated outside shooter and defender who James could kick it out to when he's double teamed.

No issue if they were to end up with Klay. But if you have a choice, you take Kawhi.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No issue if they were to end up with Klay. But if you have a choice, you take Kawhi.
I'm leaning towards Thompson. His 3 point shooting blends with James game more IMO. And he's a lockdown defender without Leonard's drama.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards Thompson. His 3 point shooting blends with James game more IMO. And he's a lockdown defender without Leonard's drama.

Leonard is a better defender and playmaker. Kawhi shoots a career 38.9% from 3, Thompson 42.2%.

That's close enough that I'd rather have the better defender/playmaker.

But like I said, you won't see me complain if they get Klay.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard is a better defender and playmaker. Kawhi shoots a career 38.9% from 3, Thompson 42.2%.

That's close enough that I'd rather have the better defender/playmaker.

But like I said, you won't see me complain if they get Klay.
Better defender? Whoa Nelly.

Heading to ru.n errands later and making a pit stop at Jeff's Place.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ONLY reason this might be true is because if you get Klay, you take him away from the Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

You officially owe me 8K Vcash.

Not sure how to make that transaction, but I would like my money please.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the bet?

My 4K vs. his 8K

He wins if LBJ resigned in Cleveland, I win if LBJ went to LA without another star. Gave him 2 weeks after signing for the Lakers to complete a Kawhi trade. Everything else is a push.

Kind of a complicated bet.