• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where are all the Rams Fans and what did they do to Stafford?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams ranked 30th going into the season

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This season is the perfect example of how great of coach McVay is, Rams were suppose to be a bad team with 80 million in dead money. Let All Pro Wagner go, got rid of All Pro Ramsey, let Pro Bowl kicker go, let their best run defender go, Gurley left years ago too. Their Pro Bowl LT retired two years ago.

Rams went into season, people thinking Stafford was washed, no threat at runningback, a WR that can't stay healthy , a TE that drops as many as he catches. No defense besides Aaron Donald, not to mention no kicker and no punter, while not having any depth. While also having the luxury of playing a hard schedule against the AFC North and NFC East and Colts team in their house.
Oh don't get me wrong I think McVay is a great coach and did a great job this season and it's splitting hairs between him and Shanahan as both had a lot of success.

McVay would be my 2nd pick for coach of the year at this point. My choice is still Ryans because Houston was expected to be worse than the Rams and entering the final week they have the same record. Plus I give the edge to Ryans because he's doing it as a rookie head coach with a rookie QB which I feel is harder compared to McVay who has had his system installed for years and has a proven vet at QB.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t AZ just beat Philly?

Any given Sunday, that’s why they actually play the games.
No shit and I've already addressed this lazy comment elsewhere. Ofc anyone can beat anyone but it is less likely for a team like the Rams to beat a top team on the road in the playoffs.

That's why they are fighting to even get into the playoffs and that's why the higher seeds usually win SBs.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit and I've already addressed this lazy comment elsewhere. Ofc anyone can beat anyone but it is less likely for a team like the Rams to beat a top team on the road in the playoffs.

That's why they are fighting to even get into the playoffs and that's why the higher seeds usually win SBs.
sure.gif

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only debate is, how dumb you truly are.
Dumb for suggesting a 7 seed is less likely to win than a 2 seed?

You're right. Fuck the rankings and regular season, let's just put every team in the playoffs since they all have the same chance to win. Any given Sunday!

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb for suggesting a 7 seed is less likely to win than a 2 seed?

You're right. Fuck the rankings and regular season, let's just put every team in the playoffs since they all have the same chance to win. Any given Sunday!
Rams are currently a 6th seed and already clinched a playoff spot, so they are no longer fighting to get in the playoffs.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are currently a 6th seed and already clinched a playoff spot, so they are no longer fighting to get in the playoffs.
They were fighting until this last week while the top sides already clinched. So sorry, a 6 seed is less likely to win than a 1-3 seed. Like I said from the start.

I didn't even disrespect the Rams, I just pointed out they are not as big of a threat as the other sides and I don't see them winning a road playoff game.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were fighting until this last week while the top sides already clinched. So sorry, a 6 seed is less likely to win than a 1-3 seed. Like I said from the start.

I didn't even disrespect the Rams, I just pointed out they are not as big of a threat as the other sides and I don't see them winning a road playoff game.
Tell that to the Pats who lost both SB’s to Giants teams that were 10-6 vs 16-0 the first time, and 9-7 vs 13-3 the second time.

Less likely to win, sure. But a team can get hot at the right time, and we see it almost every season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And? Are SB teams the only ones with coaches worthy of praise? I'm amazed the Rams are in the playoffs, especially with that dumpster fire of a secondary they are trotting out there every week.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets look at the likely seeding. Rams are either the 6 or 7, getting the Lions or Cowboys. Weather won't be an issue in either locale. Lions aren't really playing any better than the Rams in the past month or more. Cowboys at home are a different matter altogether of course.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Are SB teams the only ones with coaches worthy of praise? I'm amazed the Rams are in the playoffs, especially with that dumpster fire of a secondary they are trotting out there every week.
I praised McVay and the young players already. People were ignoring my praise and jumping at the fact that I said Rams were not as big of a threat as the other teams.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at the likely seeding. Rams are either the 6 or 7, getting the Lions or Cowboys. Weather won't be an issue in either locale. Lions aren't really playing any better than the Rams in the past month or more. Cowboys at home are a different matter altogether of course.
After watching the Lions game in Dallas, I wonder how much of a home field advantage do the Cowboys truly have?

In Dallas:
They beat a Rams team that wasn't playing well, and I believe they knocked Stafford out of the game.

They beat an Eagles team recently that has been pretty bad.

I believe the rest of their home wins are against teams that are .500 or below. (obviously not counting the Lions win)

I think if I'm Detroit, I'd rather play the Cowboys right now than the Rams. Although I'd rather avoid both of them! :D

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay hasn't had the luxury of a top 10 defense, like Shanahan. McVay had one, once. While Shanahan has had one for 4 years.
McVay has more Super Bowl appearances than losing seasons, while Shanahan has had 3.
Uh, the coach doesn't get credit for having a good defense? :noidea:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is the perfect example of how great of coach McVay is, Rams were suppose to be a bad team with 80 million in dead money. Let All Pro Wagner go, got rid of All Pro Ramsey, let Pro Bowl kicker go, let their best run defender go, Gurley left years ago too. Their Pro Bowl LT retired two years ago.

Rams went into season, people thinking Stafford was washed, no threat at runningback, a WR that can't stay healthy , a TE that drops as many as he catches. No defense besides Aaron Donald, not to mention no kicker and no punter, while not having any depth. While also having the luxury of playing a hard schedule against the AFC North and NFC East and Colts team in their house.
Agreed, McVay is terrific. So is Shanahan. You don't have to pick only one.

I actually said the Rams would be better than expected early on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Lions game in Dallas, I wonder how much of a home field advantage do the Cowboys truly have?

In Dallas:
They beat a Rams team that wasn't playing well, and I believe they knocked Stafford out of the game.

They beat an Eagles team recently that has been pretty bad.

I believe the rest of their home wins are against teams that are .500 or below. (obviously not counting the Lions win)

I think if I'm Detroit, I'd rather play the Cowboys right now than the Rams. Although I'd rather avoid both of them! :D

There is a bit of Miami Dolphins in the Cowboys in that they don't beat the good teams often. Someone had to win the head to head a week ago.

That said, the Rams have surprised but aren't really a contender to go anywhere in the playoffs. That secondary is atrocious.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a bit of Miami Dolphins in the Cowboys in that they don't beat the good teams often. Someone had to win the head to head a week ago.

That said, the Rams have surprised but aren't really a contender to go anywhere in the playoffs. That secondary is atrocious.

I hope you're right as I see the Lions getting them in round 1. I don't like the matchup nor do I like the storyline (Stafford vs. Goff for who wins the trade). I really liked Stafford and think he can still sling it. I would be nervous about that matchup for Detroit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right as I see the Lions getting them in round 1. I don't like the matchup nor do I like the storyline (Stafford vs. Goff for who wins the trade). I really liked Stafford and think he can still sling it. I would be nervous about that matchup for Detroit.

I think that game would be 60/40. Dallas would be more lopsided odds. Rams don't finish anyone off and give up too many splash plays. They sneak by the bad teams, but you can't give opportunities like that to stronger teams (like they did with the Ravens).

We'll see how they do against the Niners (and however many SF players are rested).