• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When the kids are grown...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those resto rebuilds are cool. They sure cost a lot though. I think everyone has taken a peek at this:

Jeep Grand Wagoneers - Full, Professional, Ground up Restorations. The finest, better-than-new Jeep Grand Wagoneers in the World

A dark blue Grand Wagoneer with the wood grain trim (still in the crate as we say) is a damn fine looking truck. My 2nd favorite color is the cream white which is also a real classy looking sled.

This guys website needs to be reorganized in a big way as it reads like a rambling and sometimes repetitive mess. His work looks real nice in the photos, I'll give him that and if I had and extra 100-150K laying around I might add one to my stable. The link to his inventory and pricing doesn't work so I am left guessing on the cost of one of his finished units.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dark blue Grand Wagoneer with the wood grain trim (still in the crate as we say) is a damn fine looking truck. My 2nd favorite color is the cream white which is also a real classy looking sled.

This guys website needs to be reorganized in a big way as it reads like a rambling and sometimes repetitive mess. His work looks real nice in the photos, I'll give him that and if I had and extra 100-150K laying around I might add one to my stable. The link to his inventory and pricing doesn't work so I am left guessing on the cost of one of his finished units.

He was selling them for $75k just before I bought mine. I'd guess they're double now.

Waggy3.jpg Waggy2.jpg

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice looking truck.

My nephew thought so. lol

I only paid $5,600 and it had a lot of problems to take care of. But the work was pretty simple and fairly enjoyable. I really like the design. The visibility in there was great, the utility of a fold-down gate in an SUV was great, it drove fine and could pull like a mule. I really liked it...and should've kept it and repowered with a modern engine.

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagle Racer

Eagle-Jaguar.jpg
Nope Nada Noway. I had one of the originals. The E is England's revenge for the War of 1776. I know they are "updated" but for the cost you can get a modern ride that will do a whole lot more.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope Nada Noway. I had one of the originals. The E is England's revenge for the War of 1776. I know they are "updated" but for the cost you can get a modern ride that will do a whole lot more.

Yeah, I know.
But you will never have a more beautiful car.

I've already got an Explorer that will do a whole lot more than an E-type.
I've already got an SHO that will do a whole lot more than an E-type.

An E-type with modern electronics, modern springs and shocks paired to modern rubber, modern brakes, modern fuel injection...

If I win the lotto when the kids are gone.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas - the Prince of Darkness. They also make refrigeration which is why the English drink warm beer.:suds:

I learned about the Lucas wiring harnesses back in the late 70's when I was in the USAF. A friend of mine had an old MGB GT and he was constantly trying to figure out why some electrical component worked one day, but not the next and then worked again 3 days later :laugh3:

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the thread. I am single so I can buy what I want and when I want. Currently I own four cars with a fifth planned for this year.

The Bullitt in my avatar is number 5122. Bought last year. Always garaged, never driven in the rain, new tires and battery with 25,000 miles. Got it for 8 grand below it's worth.

Boxster Spyder Anniversary Edition. Number 515 of 1953. 486 imported to US. Porsche spent some time on the car. GT3 paint, European M030 suspension, spacers to widen the wheels, sports seats plus a whole bunch of other goodies.
th

Plus a Buick Lucerne CXS. Has NorthStar V8, magnetronic suspension and C6 brakes. Plus my daily driver a Ranger 4x4.

Buying a C3 steel bumper car this year.
rb6801.jpg

Plus I have 4 bikes at home. A Heritage SoftTail Classic, 1200 Sporty, Kawasaki K400 dual sports and a Yamaha Vino 125cc scooter.

Last edited:

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned about the Lucas wiring harnesses back in the late 70's when I was in the USAF. A friend of mine had an old MGB GT and he was constantly trying to figure out why some electrical component worked one day, but not the next and then worked again 3 days later :laugh3:
Yep a dog could piss on a bush three blocks and the E would not start. The electric fuel pump gave up the ghost, the points would stick, on the way back from Tuscaloosa one night. Got a ticket on a Greyhound and got the driver to pull over on !-59, crossed the interstate, pounded on the pump with a hammer until it ran and sold the thing the next week.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those resto rebuilds are cool. They sure cost a lot though. I think everyone has taken a peek at this:

Jeep Grand Wagoneers - Full, Professional, Ground up Restorations. The finest, better-than-new Jeep Grand Wagoneers in the World

He was selling them for $75k just before I bought mine. I'd guess they're double now.

View attachment 194142 View attachment 194143

I've had modern cars for about 5 years now and am kinda' sick of them. I liked the Waggy and it was really the most practical for a daily driver. It might almost be time to partake in another.

grand wagoneer | eBay

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids are grown, but my son is with me for the duration.

And he loves cars. Especially oldies. But can't drive. Epilepsy.

So he lives vicariously through me.

But I have little desire to purchase the Roadrunner or SS 396 that raced up and down all brand spanking new in front of my high school in 1971. Or any van/truck/SUV for that matter.

We make do with our used, high end Euro trash.

Zooming aboot.... (intentional misspelling, Canada after all)

Life is good.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had modern cars for about 5 years now and am kinda' sick of them. I liked the Waggy and it was really the most practical for a daily driver. It might almost be time to partake in another.

grand wagoneer | eBay

I hear ya. I have been jonesing for another K-5 Blazer/Jimmy from the early 70's for quite a while now. 74 is the last year that came with the full removable fiberglass top and that is a must because I gotta have the ragtop option.

Something like this would be right in my wheel house;

67396156-770-0@2X.jpg

edit; This one above is listed on Hemmings Motor News for $54,900 and that is not quite in my wheelhouse............................... for now :D

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the thread. I am single so I can buy what I want and when I want. Currently I own four cars with a fifth planned for this year.

The Bullitt in my avatar is number 5122. Bought last year. Always garaged, never driven in the rain, new tires and battery with 25,000 miles. Got it for 8 grand below it's worth.

Boxster Spyder Anniversary Edition. Number 515 of 1953. 486 imported to US. Porsche spent some time on the car. GT3 paint, European M030 suspension, spacers to widen the wheels, sports seats plus a whole bunch of other goodies.
th

Plus a Buick Lucerne CXS. Has NorthStar V8, magnetronic suspension and C6 brakes. Plus my daily driver a Ranger 4x4.

Buying a C3 steel bumper car this year.
rb6801.jpg

Plus I have 4 bikes at home. A Heritage SoftTail Classic, 1200 Sporty, Kawasaki K400 dual sports and a Yamaha Vino 125cc scooter.

That's quite a collection. I have always liked the C3 Vettes, especially the ragtops.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. I have been jonesing for another K-5 Blazer/Jimmy from the early 70's for quite a while now. 74 is the last year that came with the full removable fiberglass top and that is a must because I gotta have the ragtop option.

Something like this would be right in my wheel house;

67396156-770-0@2X.jpg

edit; This one above is listed on Hemmings Motor News for $54,900 and that is not quite in my wheelhouse............................... for now :D

I like it. Put a roll bar on the damned thing and I'm in.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dearest daughter got an 75% academic scholarship

If the boy can get a football scholarship, I will be completely off the hook and purchasing one of those g body turbo regals.