• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When does the media start putting pressure on CP/BG/Doc?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is team is looking like a first round out again and those 3 will continue to get a free pass.

This team has pretty much become the ATL Hawks of the Joe Johnson/Josh Smith days. They'll always make the playoffs but you know they'll never make the conference finals

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are asking the wrong question.

The Clippers are a novelty.

Nobody expects them to win except maybe Ballmer:noidea:

The correct question is:

"When will Chris Paul demand to be let off his sinking ship? "

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will start pressuring the Clips. The Clippers are blessed by low expectations and are a pretty anonymous team in many respects. Not saying that to be an ass to the Clippers, it's just how it is.

Out here, even with all of the talent the Clippers have and with them being considered a team that could come out of the west (at least earlier in the season) talk radio and the newspapers are all filled with "how to fix the Lakers" conversations and articles. Some days, it's like the Clippers don't exist.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it for years on here.
No other superstar gets the TEFLON treatment more than CP3.

They Clippers more talent than any other team.
They have plenty of quality season wins and more Sportscenter highlights than everyone else combined.
But come April and May when they bow out meekly, there is no criticism ever.

Replace the name CP3 with "LEBRON", "DWIGHT", or "MELO" and the media gets their pitchforks out. I have never understood why CP3 gets a permanent free pass.

Maybe this is the year he finally wins or finally gets blasted for not winning???
I guess we will find out.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doc and cp3 are media darlings. I don't see it ever happening.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance anyone of importance will demand The Clip Joint live up to their potential.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't they already doing so? Seems to me the general consensus is they've been a disappointment so that's already a start

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have plenty of quality season wins and more Sportscenter highlights than everyone else combined.

Replace the name CP3 with "LEBRON", "DWIGHT", or "MELO" and the media gets their pitchforks out. I have never understood why CP3 gets a permanent free pass.

Maybe this is the year he finally wins or finally gets blasted for not winning???

To be fair, the guys that you mentioned have also proven themselves to be fairly polarizing. You had The Decision with Lebron and then him going back to Cleveland, Dwight being an asshat in Orlando, getting Van Gundy fired and then the way he conducted himself with the Lakers, 'Melo forced his way out of Denver and hasn't exactly gotten the Knicks to the top of the league. CP3 hasn't really done anything controversial.

Even without the controversy, you'd think there would still be some criticism, which is why I wonder if the teams that he's played on has something to do with it. As I said in my previous post, the Clips tend to be pretty anonymous and before that he was in New Orleans, a team whose ownership had to be taken over by the league.

Take this same Clippers team (or even just CP3), put Lakers, Heat, Knicks, etc. uniforms on them/him, have them perform the way they have and I think we'd be seeing far more criticism.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any one including the media will ever start putting pressure on the Clippers. The Los Angeles Market is really owned and controlled by the Lakers. Only losers root for the Clippers and granted there are a lot of losers in California, but the point I'm trying to make is that the powers in the circles you're questioning are quite happy with the Clippers being status quo and are hoping to see them fade away with nothing in favor of the Lakers again. Those of us including the news media do not want to see the Clippers win anything. That's the way I feel any way

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul was traded to the Clippers and at the end of the year, he liked what he saw and signed a contract worth his salt. You can't blame Chris Paul for being young and naive. These young players don't realize that playing for the Clippers is like getting fools gold. It's shiny and pretty, but worth nothing. Paul hasn't been around long enough to remember how close the Clippers get and never accomplish anything and you can't blame him for signing with the team that looked the best.

To be fair though The Clippers in my opinion are only one major player away from having a team that can win championships. Granted that many teams get that close and never get closer, The Clippers have made serious moves and tried and did better then in past years. For me I hope they remain the Clippers - Cursed and losing

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any one including the media will ever start putting pressure on the Clippers. The Los Angeles Market is really owned and controlled by the Lakers. Only losers root for the Clippers and granted there are a lot of losers in California, but the point I'm trying to make is that the powers in the circles you're questioning are quite happy with the Clippers being status quo and are hoping to see them fade away with nothing in favor of the Lakers again. Those of us including the news media do not want to see the Clippers win anything. That's the way I feel any way

Mecca, he called you a loser.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head coach is overrated. Teams tend to take on the personality of their head coach. Thus we have the Clippers and their underwhelming performance.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps loser was a little strong - but my thinking is in general very little expected from Clippers even when they are doing good - That attitude in a town owned primarily by the Lakers is not likely to change quickly - over time if the Clippers continue to develop a culture of making the playoffs and winning - then there will be pressure to see them go deeper. Right now I think most Clipper fans are just happy to see the dark days over even though they would love nothing better than a championship

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, the difference between how CP3 and those guys are viewed is that Paul is thought of as an assist guy running the show first, and a scorer second. So, as long as Paul is racking up the assists he is doing his job as a superstar and the surrounding cast is considered not strong enough. Not that I agree with it, that is just the impression I get. And with this Clipper lineup that shouldn't be true anyhow.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head coach is overrated. Teams tend to take on the personality of their head coach. Thus we have the Clippers and their underwhelming performance.

yep. the team is no better today than it was 2 yrs ago with vinny del *****. what makes it sad is blake is so much better now than he was back then.