• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When does Aldon get his chance?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard much talk concerning Aldon. How long do we stick with Haralson until we get Aldon in there more? It seems like the coaching staff is trying to ease in Smith, but i thought we would at least be using him on 3rd down situations. I haven't seen the breakdown of how many snaps he's played yet, but it seemed to be quite minimal.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Fanigo or whoever has the say... even with the starters "tiring down" I don't think Smith saw too much in the late portion of the game....

They probably hit the panic button themselves and kept to the vets... but Smith needs to see more field time on sundays.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't notice him on the field much. I thought he was supposed to be in on Nickel situations as a DE, but i didn't see that happen either.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't see him not starting by mid season. Unless I didn't see it correctly I think he beat a double team to get a hit on Romo. Anybody who hurts Tony Romo is ok in my book. (on the field of course; and only stuff that'll heal of course).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Smith and Hunter need to see more action.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him not starting by mid season. Unless I didn't see it correctly I think he beat a double team to get a hit on Romo. Anybody who hurts Tony Romo is ok in my book. (on the field of course; and only stuff that'll heal of course).

It wasn't a double team, but it was a really, really nice inside move.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering about Smith. I didn't get to watch the game and saw he had no tackles and 1 pass defensed. I wasn't sure if he didn't see the field or just didn't do anything.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering about Smith. I didn't get to watch the game and saw he had no tackles and 1 pass defensed. I wasn't sure if he didn't see the field or just didn't do anything.

Check out video highlights, can see the whole game if you want on youtube:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/44877-2011-season-video-highlights.html

Smith made a sweet move to the inside on his man and force Romo to the hills..... that play alone was the only time I saw one of our rushers engaged, shrugg/swing his way free and fired into the QB....

Didn't see much Aldon throughout. The whole DL and OLB were stuffed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO Haralson is playing well overall, and thats how you have to look at it.....overall. so i'm not anxious to replace him "just because"?

Aldon Smith IS playing and getting game reps. apparently, he's not ready overall so do work him in, not force him in.

btw - on the INT by Brock, pretty sure Aldon dropped in coverage and tipped the ball (he DOES have long arms)?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Haralson is playing well overall, and thats how you have to look at it.....overall. so i'm not anxious to replace him "just because"?

Aldon Smith IS playing and getting game reps. apparently, he's not ready overall so do work him in, not force him in.

btw - on the INT by Brock, pretty sure Aldon dropped in coverage and tipped the ball (he DOES have long arms)?

Aldon did, he was moving closer to the middle(after dropping back) saw the slot reciever running to his left, tried to jump it, deflected and landed into Brock's hands...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon did, he was moving closer to the middle(after dropping back) saw the slot reciever running to his left, tried to jump it, deflected and landed into Brock's hands...

ok thanks.

so Aldon is getting reps at 'coverage' too, granted he wasn't covering a receiver one on one. main thing is he's gaining experiencing in other things, not just rushing.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he played 25 snaps. That's a lot of snaps for him to be virtually unnoticed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't realize he played 25 snaps. That's a lot of snaps for him to be virtually unnoticed.

just asking.....i noticed him on two plays (didn't purposely focus on him), how much plays would you think is reasonable?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i thought that was about right personally. I wasn't focused on him either, but it's disappointing to know that he was in on that much action and didn't really contribute very much. How many plays do you think is reasonable?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say around 25-30 is very reasonable.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, i thought that was about right personally. I wasn't focused on him either, but it's disappointing to know that he was in on that much action and didn't really contribute very much. How many plays do you think is reasonable?

at this point in his career, i'd say 4 of 25. this may include good pressure and good run stopping plays, he doesn't need 4 "ESPN" plays.

not all plays go to his side whether run or pass, so he's not always in position to make a play.

how many "noticable plays" did Ware get (if we had to guess) considering he played the entire game? i'd guess 7?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok thanks.

so Aldon is getting reps at 'coverage' too, granted he wasn't covering a receiver one on one. main thing is he's gaining experiencing in other things, not just rushing.

Yeah his coverage skills aren't exactly promising either... better it be zone than man to man, trust.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually is..... but where did he see the most though? OLB or DE?

Well, it was on Maiocco's twitter yesterday, but i can't find it now for some reason. I know he was our DE on at least some of the nickel packages and it said he played 25 snaps. I just didn't notice him. I was focusing a lot on our secondary.