• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Do You Expect Peyton to Announce?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see them wanting him back. I mean he is truly a shell of his former self. He can't make it an entire season without an injury in my opinion and can't run the system that Kubiak actually wants to run. So unless we are talking him coming back for $3 million or less (can't see him doing that) it just doesn't seem like it will happen.
I don't see it either. This team belongs to Osweiler until he's dead, or Elway finds someone better. (With apologies to Starship Troopers)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of the Oline the Manning money could buy.

I'm already tired of waiting for Peyton Manning to announce - we all know it is coming - there is very little suspense - as a moment it will certainly be replayed on TV so missing it isn't much of a hazard.

I was really glad to have had him around for 4 years - it's been a great trip - I really think Manning's first year 2012 was the best John Fox team.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see them wanting him back. I mean he is truly a shell of his former self. He can't make it an entire season without an injury in my opinion and can't run the system that Kubiak actually wants to run. So unless we are talking him coming back for $3 million or less (can't see him doing that) it just doesn't seem like it will happen.

I don't know .. I agree about him ..But he just keeps winning ... I get it he needs this D ....But I think he gets it it was him at $19 miil a year ...I also believe he can live with the flip side of 3 mill a year if he thinks they might be one more SB in it for him ..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This topic is so mute IMO. There is no way Manning is going to be a Bronco next year so all this speculation is needless. The odds that Manning plays for another team next year is almost as far fetched. He is a class act and doesn`t want his retirement talk,etc to in any way deflect the attention and focus to be on anything but the team and the organization right now. Come March, he`ll hold a press conference and announce his retirement. Then, along with his family and Elway,etc he`ll go thru the motions in an appropriate and classy way.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think you are right Randymon but I can see Manning being able to help a team ...I hope he does what is right for him ..I want him to go out with class

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think you are right Randymon but I can see Manning being able to help a team ...I hope he does what is right for him ..I want him to go out with class
I think his best chance to go out with class is to retire on top. I see a tank that's pretty empty, and an interception riddled 2016 if he returns.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he came back for cheap enough maybe we could run a two-quarterback system. Brock would be under center with Manning standing next to him, telling him where to throw.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think out of respect you have to let Manning take his time and announce retirement himself. If Elway were to cut him now it is kind of a slap in the face. I am sure Elway is moving on with other areas. He has a lot of FAs to sign and a combine coming up.

Elway is probably planning for life without Manning but is giving Manning the chance to move on gracefully.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he could return next year, win in week 1, break the tie he currently has w/ Favre for most regular season W's (186) and finally retire? That ain't happening though. I think he should just retire.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key here is the Budweiser talk - active players cannot endorse a beer product, but retired players can. Manning is a great guy - no doubt in my mind, but I expect his retirement announcement will have another announcement - about a beer sponsorship - and probably - a CBS job in the booth.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

P Money