• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wheels Fall Off in NE

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaaha. I know this is sarcastic

Let's face it, the Patriots couldn't do anything.

The only questionable call was the first play of the game with the offensive PI.. Which was bs imo because you can block at the line... that aside the Bills simply beat the Patriots

I disagree, numerous questionable calls.

With that said, it's not why they lost overall.

Don't remember what the actual penalty was, but there was one call in front of where we were sitting that I'll have to look at on replay. Zebra throws the flag, calls penalty on the Patriots. The problem was however, there wasn't a single Pats or Bills player within 20 yards of where he through the flag, before, during, or after it was thrown.

Late in the fourth qtr, somewhere around the 5-6 minute range, Blount had a carry which ended with him running out of bounds moving forward. The clock kept running.

During that same drive Brissette scrambled and either ran out of bounds moving forward or through the ball just prior to him going out of bounds, falling incomplete. The clock kept running.

Pats were destined to lose this one, but those calls certainly didn't help.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, some of the Pats fans here were surprised when they realized that it was a first shut out at home since 1993. They didn't know that Pats existed before 2001.

must have been the refs and the overall conspiracy that the NFL has against the Patriots

nawmean?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late in the fourth qtr, somewhere around the 5-6 minute range, Blount had a carry which ended with him running out of bounds moving forward. The clock kept running.

from NFL Rules Digest: Timing

With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee's signal.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Grogan was pretty good, didn't he take them to the playoffs once or twice ?

He was ok and I always liked him and that team. Russ Francis, Sam Bam Cunningham and John Hannah but he was 0-3 in playoffs and another guy who had more int than TD's. Than we had a real good TE Ben Coates before the Gronk or Bennett

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, numerous questionable calls.

With that said, it's not why they lost overall.

Don't remember what the actual penalty was, but there was one call in front of where we were sitting that I'll have to look at on replay. Zebra throws the flag, calls penalty on the Patriots. The problem was however, there wasn't a single Pats or Bills player within 20 yards of where he through the flag, before, during, or after it was thrown.

During that same drive Brissette scrambled and either ran out of bounds moving forward or through the ball just prior to him going out of bounds, falling incomplete. The clock kept running.

yes they didn't help but even IF those calls went the Patriots way they weren't winning that game

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Grogan was pretty good, didn't he take them to the playoffs once or twice ?
Those were four of my favorite players. Unfortunately as a team we as fans didn't have much to cheer for. Yeah Grogan took them to the playoffs twice that I remember. However that excitement was short lived. Unfortunately for us Grogan had about the same amount of TDs as INTs. Yet he was still a favorite of mine.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben effing Dreith! then sweet redemption/karma/payback with Walt Coleman!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the clock was running and it had more than 5 minutes on it.

I guess it should've stopped temporarily until the ball was placed? What did they lose, 15 seconds? Clock only stops under 5 minutes to go in the 2nd half (last 2 minutes in the 1st half).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure about destined, but I have seen clocks running this year in several games where I can' figure out why?

And nobody seems to see it? Can't name specifics as I'm usually watching 4 games at once and do a lot of jumping between between plays. But it's something a good coach should watch.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it should've stopped temporarily until the ball was placed? What did they lose, 15 seconds? Clock only stops under 5 minutes to go in the 2nd half (last 2 minutes in the 1st half).

There was no stoppage, and it began before the 5 minute mark. Combined for a minute or more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Hank said, I think this happens all the time. Not sure why...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy NFL refs is my guess. No bias to a particular team, just incompetent.

...or lazy and indifferent. It's much easier to just let the clock run than have to stop it, place the ball, and restart it when nobody is really looking for it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching todays/tonights games, and this time as teams were trying to drive for a late score the rules are back to if the player gets out of bounds on their own will, the clock stops.

What the fk is the rule as far as what will be called?