• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's your go-to lure?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just spent nearly $400 yesterday on all new fishing gear. New rod, reel, tackle, tackle box...even bought a new pair of Carhartt pants just for the hell of it. Now, if only I knew how to f'n fish....

Come on down to SC. I'll give ya some pointers. I catch 'em when I go.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hellava fishery right there, hope they don't fuck it up. You go in @ Barton on the Clack? Bet that guide had you "back bouncing" PLUGS didn't he?

GL beardown and comeon back sometime.

Springers are just around the corner!:suds:

I lived in the SE district of Portland for a couple of years.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice pants...

get a refund on the rest.
:fish:

I just spent nearly $400 yesterday on all new fishing gear. New rod, reel, tackle, tackle box...even bought a new pair of Carhartt pants just for the hell of it. Now, if only I knew how to f'n fish....

start with worms and a bamboo pole...then work your way up. :becky:

jk

good on you...get out there and do it! :clap:
(it'd really help to befriend people who are passionate about fishing)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacky Rigged Yum Dinger is the old faithful. Also zoom flukes and tubes are deadly for me.

In the spring at my ponds, the go to is actually a shallow crankbait. Something like a strike king 1 series.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good ol fashion rooster tail for cutthroat trout in the smaller creeks and ponds.

Nothing better than a pautske egg on a hook in a pond either. Simple, but trout always have and always will bite on both

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Velveeta cheese on a treble hook for monster rainbows in the larger lakes in this area. Power bait before powerbait

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have a hard water problem here. And fug all that ice fishing shit.

9060da86dd22d5d14b72aca13910af5c.jpg

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get a refund on the rest.
:fish:

start with worms and a bamboo pole...then work your way up. :becky:

jk

good on you...get out there and do it! :clap:
(it'd really help to befriend people who are passionate about fishing)

Does the bamboo rod "include" a line-n-hook or does one just throw the worms in the water, wait for the fish to rise and then beat the fish to death with a stick?:gaah:

A M-100 with a waterproof fuse could yield a higher harvest count than the above mentioned method for the fisherman just starting out tho.:whistle:

Either way, to get fish...you need to think like one. :clap:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what I am fishing for, and in what conditions. Trolling for walleye I like a simple pink jig head with a 3" white Mister Twister. Crappie, nothing beats a minnow under a bobber, but I like using small spinners. Jigging for large bluegills in deep water it is the good ol' fashioned piilky, or Shucks Jiggin' Minnow.

Catfiching in the river? 5 oz sinker, #5 kahle hook and a big ol' blue gill.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feather jigs...

Work well with a clear bobber for steelhead in fast moving water above the tailouts, Use about 3' between the bobber-n-jig. Throw it up river and retrieve down river thru the fish slot areas.

I have watched other guys kill with that rig setup.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacky Rigged Yum Dinger is the old faithful. Also zoom flukes and tubes are deadly for me.

In the spring at my ponds, the go to is actually a shallow crankbait. Something like a strike king 1 series.

I love fishin zoom flukes. The pond I fish is covered with pads along the bank, so I'll chunk the fluke up on the pads and drag it across and let it fall right at the edge of the pads. Sometimes they'll explode up out of the pads and take it off the top, sometimes you can see the bass "waking" behind it as I drag it across and then ambush it when it falls at the edge, and then sometimes just working it like a jerkbait from the edge of the pads to the boat, they'll kill it. One of my favorite baits to fish right there.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the bamboo rod "include" a line-n-hook or does one just throw the worms in the water, wait for the fish to rise and then beat the fish to death with a stick?:gaah:

A M-100 with a waterproof fuse could yield a higher harvest count than the above mentioned method for the fisherman just starting out tho.:whistle:

Either way, to get fish...you need to think like one. :clap:

I said bamboo 'pole,' not 'rod.'
either way, wtf would you need a 'stick' for?
(oh wait...rod?...stick?...beating?...<gasp>...you're one of THOSE kind of fishermen?)

My Alabama friends scoff at mere firecrackers...if yer hungry and pressed for time, use a stick!

And, when you're out to purchase your first copy of The Compleat Angler, don't grab The Complete Asshole by mistake.

:suds:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotlines- live/cut bream/shad. Jugging-same. Tight-lining the bottom for squealers-nightcrawlers. Don't bass fish much but have caught them on buzzbaits, beetlespins,black worms and live minnows.

Jack Daniels fish story. I LOL'd.

A Jack Daniels Fishing Story

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

Another I can't believe it took so long to stumble on this one story. For so many years I've found small crawfish in the fish I cleaned. Tried several craw lures but they never seem to work as well as the stomach contents would suggest they might.

Then I found these tiny little baby crawfish and holy smokes, everything smacks 'em. I think the shell of the adult might deter fish but these little ones represent immature craws.

Trout Slayer : Trout Magnet Online Store, Trout Magnet Fishing Lure

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...in fact, I just ordered a half dozen packs of the natural color from the link above. I first found them at Dick's but ours doesn't carry them anymore.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was bass fishing and my life depended on it, I would grab a Rapala J-7 jointed floater.
mY4kRqFLtog7E-_HYknI47A.jpg

If its the dog days of summer, I go with Berkley purple rubber worms in a Texas rig.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was bass fishing and my life depended on it, I would grab a Rapala J-7 jointed floater.
mY4kRqFLtog7E-_HYknI47A.jpg

If its the dog days of summer, I go with Berkley purple rubber worms in a Texas rig.

Close, my preference is the regular repalla ... black and silver like shown above....just not the broken back. In the St. Lawrence I catch everything on them...Bass, pearch, pike, bluegills....even had a catfish hit one.

For bass I go with the Gary Yamato Senco pretty much full time. I sometimes ite on micro stuff when they aren't hitting.