• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the latest on Andre Ellington?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping he'd be a breakout player this year but I heard he's got a foot injury now?

Anyone know what's up with all that? He gonna be alright?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(FFToday)Running back Andre Ellington practiced on a limited basis (Thursday) because of a foot injury. Reporters' access to players and coaches came before the injury report was issued Thursday, so more information was not available. Hearing Andre Ellington was dealing with some discomfort in his left foot the past week, irritated his foot during practice on Thursday #MRI.
Analysis: We'll have to wait for clarity from the team which I'm sure will be coming later today but this should fan the flames regarding Ellington's durability concerns. Jonathan Dwyer is next in line for carries should Ellington miss any playing time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Andre Ellington undergoing MRI could miss 'extended' time

Everything is not coming up Cardinals. Arizona was a popular sleeper in the NFC West -- and NFC as a whole -- this season, but a slew of losses create some concern around their upcoming season. The potential loss of running back Andre Ellington for an "extended period of time" would be the biggest blow yet.

Mike Jurecki of KGME-AM in Arizona reports Ellington, who was listed on the injury report Thursday with a foot issue, will undergo an MRI and is "hearing he could be out extended period of time."

Ellington was pegged as a big-time breakout back for the Cardinals this year after an impressive rookie season.

He's an "air back" with the biggest knock on him coming out of Clemson being his size/potential fragility/inability to be an every down back.

Critics will point to this injury as further proof, but it's still possible the Cardinals get good news on Ellington's foot.

If it's the worst-case scenario, things aren't pretty in the backfield. Bruce Arians praised Jonathan Dwyer recently and Stepfan Taylor is capable as well.

But Ellington's the game-changer at running back. Losing him on the heels of key defensive losses -- Darnell Dockett and Daryl Washington most notably -- would be a massive blow to the Cardinals.

Report: Andre Ellington undergoing MRI could miss 'extended' time - CBSSports.com

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I picked up Dwyer real quick just in case.

This sucks though because I really felt like Ellington was going to be the key to my success this season.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I picked up Dwyer real quick just in case.

This sucks though because I really felt like Ellington was going to be the key to my success this season.

No bueno..................however it's still not a "sure" thing. Sorry man...................................

(KFFL)Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington (foot) could be out for four to six weeks or longer, depending on his prognosis. His timetable for a return will depend mainly on how quickly he heals.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this......seems like conflicting reports.

UPDATE: According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Ellington’s condition needs “rest” but the tailback is “hopeful” he’ll be ready for the regular season opener vs. San Diego on Monday night.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflicting reports right now. We're just going to have to wait on an official team release it seems.

I'm not relying on him as a starter in my dynasty but I was hoping to slot him in ahead of Doug Martin this week because of his matchup. Probably going to have to at least roll with Murray and Martin this week anyway.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were planning on building the entire Offense around Ellington this season. Gonna throw him in the slot and all sorts of crazy stuff.

I have Jamaal Charles and Montee Ball, and honestly I thought Ellington might end up being more productive than both of those guys this year.

I had high high hopes for him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz and Floyd's early season outlook takes a nice upswing though. . It's not like they don't have the ability to play sling ball, Palmer isn't dead yet

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were planning on building the entire Offense around Ellington this season. Gonna throw him in the slot and all sorts of crazy stuff.

I have Jamaal Charles and Montee Ball, and honestly I thought Ellington might end up being more productive than both of those guys this year.

I had high high hopes for him.

Yeah. I'm not sure my expectations are that high but I did trade Reggie Bush in the offseason because I thought he would make a nice backup/flex play behind Murray and Martin.

Fitz and Floyd's early season outlook takes a nice upswing though. . It's not like they don't have the ability to play sling ball, Palmer isn't dead yet

I'll take that. I have Floyd on my bench.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got too much money riding on this

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the instant that I heard "MRI."

That was enough to make my butthole pucker up.

I was going to draft him with my #1 pick tomorrow night. Think how mine feels now. :omg:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellington (if healthy) is going to have a huuuuge year. Last year he was limited due to Arians weird love for Mendenhall. Now the offense is going to revolve around him and he has the ability to get 125+ yards per game between rushing and receiving.

I've heard so many different reports that I don't know what to believe at this point, but I hope they rest him week 1 at least so he can come back at or close to full strength. Not worth risking at this point... especially since he's our back for the foreseeable future.