• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the best way to get three starters?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said magic. But negative Nancy won't listen to that.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting a CB won't pan out for a while. CB's need at least 2 years to reach their full potential. Only the real studs like Peterson come out like gangbusters.

To be honest I remember Peterson getting owned A LOT his rookie season and some parts into year 2.

Stephon Gilmore became shut down the second half of his rookie year though.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting a CB won't pan out for a while. CB's need at least 2 years to reach their full potential. Only the real studs like Peterson come out like gangbusters. Also, Jonte Green may not be a playmaker, but he is solid in press and zone coverage. In the 3 yrs hes been here I think I can only rmr him being burned twice. Greenwood played in like 2 games last yr, its a small sample size, and he wasnt amazing, but for someone who's playing their first game action after being drafted by albion, I think he did an adequate job. Not every DB is gonna be a playmaker, I like our DB depth. However, I do think that each secondary does need a ballhawk, which we don't seem to have. But I dont think we are going to find that player in the draft. If anyone, it will be gilbert. Dennard is more of a press corner who excels in the run, same with Haha Dix. I think Safety is a more pressing need than corner right now.

So dont draft a CB because it would be too long before he develops? I think everyone here realizes the amount of time it takes for a CB to reach his potential in the NFL. If CB is the BPA at ten he should be taken, and he very well could perform better than just about everyone other than slay.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I need to watch Bentley play more from last year's games. I just don't see what others see from him I guess. I think he has been absolutely horrible in the 2 years he has been on the team. I don't see how a guy with more PI calls against him than passes defensed can even see the field, but Bentley does.

The fact Bentley does play is why I have said -- if they draft Dennard or Gilbert -- they will play immediately, as they will be more talented than any CB we have on the roster.

I would absolutely love to see the Lions go CB, OLB, Safety or something defensive the 1st 3 picks. They need an infusion of talent on that side of the ball. They have some key pieces already, but they need a couple playmakers in that back 7 and the defense will be much better.

He has been awful, but I am willing to wait one more year before I give up on him as I believe he is talented and spent a good deal of time injured I believe. I have given up on broyles and leshoure though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting a CB won't pan out for a while

While CB is one of the toughest position to predict how they will translate to the NFL -- it doesn't mean if you have talent it can't be done.

Marcus Cooper was a 7th round pick and he started for KC and had 3 interceptions and 22 passes defensed in 2013.

Jonathan Banks started opposite Darrell Revis and ranked 5th in the NFL against #2 WR's, as a rookie.

In 2012 -- Casey Hayward had 6 picks and 16 passes defensed and QB's had a 31.0 rating throwing balls his way.

Alfonso Dennard started opposite Aquib Talib on New England and picked off 3 passes and had 10 passes defensed.

This is just to name a few -- so while they will have rough patches their rookie year, as all rookies seem to do. It doesn't mean they won't be better than the players you have on the roster already.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So dont draft a CB because it would be too long before he develops? I think everyone here realizes the amount of time it takes for a CB to reach his potential in the NFL. If CB is the BPA at ten he should be taken, and he very well could perform better than just about everyone other than slay.

:agree:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston has any kind of camp that resembles last years play. Could easily see him being unseated.

I wouldn't even go so far as to pencil him in as the favorite to start at this point. He's only still on the roster because we wouldn't save any cap space by cutting him, so I think he's going to have to earn any playing time he'll see with a new staff in place.

I really think he'll wind up with Bentley covering the slot this year- it suits his game far better.