• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's so great about Trent Richardson

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts run-blocking is not where they struggle, it's their pass protection. The Colts are 5th in yards rushing and 5th in ypc at 5.0. How much better will this running game be with TR?

Good. No more excuses then. This elite run game should increase Luck's completion % and drop his picks drastically.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Colts want a RB with breakaway speed. With Pep Hamilton now the OC, the Colts want to run the ground/pound/playaction pass of the Stanford offense that he and Luck ran just a few years ago. Perfect pickup imo....and TR and block out of the backfield.

What? Didn't realize that the Raiders knocked the Colts starter out for the season, and what about Bradshaw?

Cleveland fans must be overjoyed, the team has apparently already thrown the towel in and looking to next year, :wtf2:

And an already pretty decent team makes a move to get better, the Colts.

I am mildly annoyed.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true what I'm hearing that the Browns will now have 4 1st-round picks? If that's so, they should be able to build an OL and DL solely from the draft and maybe pick up a QB in free agency.

They will have no excuses in '14 if they're rebuilding this hard now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 hits and 11 sacks on their QB says differently. Both last in the NFL. Then you couple that with a stud RB that only averages 3.5 ypc......I'm not seeing where their OL is good. Please explain.

:wtf2:

The left side is good with Joe Thomas. The right side blows.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Didn't realize that the Raiders knocked the Colts starter out for the season, and what about Bradshaw?

Cleveland fans must be overjoyed, the team has apparently already thrown the towel in and looking to next year, :wtf2:

And an already pretty decent team makes a move to get better, the Colts.

I am mildly annoyed.

Yeah, we lost Ballard that week in practice between the Raiders and Fins game. Then we lost our left guard for the season. Now Dwayne Allen, who is by far our best tight end. Rough start for just two games into the season.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we lost Ballard that week in practice between the Raiders and Fins game. Then we lost our left guard for the season. Now Dwayne Allen, who is by far our best tight end. Rough start for just two games into the season.

Damn, that is pretty rough, such is life in the NFL though, something tells me you guys will be OK.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true what I'm hearing that the Browns will now have 4 1st-round picks? If that's so, they should be able to build an OL and DL solely from the draft and maybe pick up a QB in free agency.

They will have no excuses in '14 if they're rebuilding this hard now.

No. They have 2 1st rounders, 1 2nd round, 2 3rd rounders, and 2 4th rounders.

My guess they take an OL or QB with top 5 pick. Jake Matthews or Bridgewater/Boyd.

Then with that Colts pick take a WR like Jordan Matthews or Evans from Texas A&M (if he falls that far).

If they don't take a QB in top 5 pick, can take Manziel (possibly) with a 2nd round or 3rd round, if drops that far.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns just signed Willis McGahee to replace Richardson.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a running back. He's replaceable. Browns weren't going anywhere and got a nice draft pick for him.
Just like Marcus Allen, Earl Campbell, Shaun Alexander, Peterson, Tomlinson ( I could go on for the next half hour listing names) were replaceable?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could turn out to be a good trade for the Colts, but it is definitely a good trade for the Browns.

Running backs are a dime a dozen, and the Browns are going nowhere this year. Browns are stocking up on draft picks... whether they can draft effectively or not is another story
Yes they are, but very good RB's are not.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a rookie last season, #3 overall, and he put up over 1300 yards from scrimmage and 12 TDs while playing with major injuries on a team that has no passing threat.

So now he has been traded for what will amount as the 20th or so pick...that's why it is a big deal.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he was saying, is they thought it was a good move in the system as a long-term move.

I just don't understand with the potential TRich had, why not go to someone that has a top-5 value draft pick. Their are 20+ teams that wanted this guy, or at least get more for him.

A gm would have to be a total moron to give up a potential top 5 pick for a guy that's already proven he's nothing special.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for what is so good about him, he's a beast. He got those stats while at the Browns being basically their only offensive weapon. He's not Barry Sanders, but he was definitely in a Barry Sanders type situation. And he did all that while playing hurt.

Closer to Ronnie Brown I would say except Brown was a better blocker and receiver. Alabama's o-line made him look like a stud in college.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing where their OL is good. Please explain.

Thomas (LT, pro bowler) , Mack (C, pro bowler) , and Lauvao (RG) will start for any team in the league...Greco and Schwartz are solid guys who play every week. I don't think any of those guys are over 30 yet.

Explain...Rookie QB last yr...slow afoot, and slow making decisions...no proven WRs to take the pressure off the running game. Need a QB, and playmakers on the edge.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Richardson says family, friends spent $1.6M of his money in 10-month span

Just days after he was released by the Baltimore Ravens in what could be an NFL career-ending transaction comes more sad news with Trent Richardson.

The former No. 3 overall pick of the Cleveland Browns in 2012 told ESPN’s Shelley Smith on “E:60” that his family and friends spent $1.6 million of his money in a period between January 2015 and October in 2015.

During that time, Richardson was cut by the Indianapolis Colts and later by the Oakland Raiders. He discovered that people were using his name to open accounts with Netflix (11 of them) and Hulu (eight) and even order bottle service by dropping his name at clubs, even though Richardson doesn’t drink.

“I finally just looked at my bank statement, and I was just like, ‘Where did this come from? Where did that come from?'” Richardson said. “And my guy was sitting there telling me, ‘Man, we was telling you.’ I know he was telling me, but that’s just like telling a kid to stop running in the hall. They’re going to still do it when you turn your back or you leave.

“It’s just one of them moments to where I was just blinded by my heart, by loving everybody and thinking that everyone was for me. I know they love me. I know they do care. But at the time, they took advantage of it.”

Richardson signed a fully-guaranteed deal worth $20.5 million over four years with the Browns in July 2012. He told ESPN that he isn’t broke and can support his immediate family but has shaved off some major costs, such as removing his brother, Terrell, as Richardson’s $100,000-a-year personal assistant.

“He’s such a good guy,” Alabama head coach Nick Saban said. “He’s such a good person, and he wants to please everyone. And I think sometimes when guys have that personality, which is a great personality to have, it makes it very difficult to disappoint anyone with the word ‘No.'”

Richardson made bold claims when he came out of Bama, saying he sought to be “the most dominant player of all time” and later that he wanted to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame — after he had been traded once and released twice. Although he lost weight this offseason with the Ravens, injuries caught up to him and he was let go.

Credit Richardson for cutting out some of the leeches in his life, especially at a time when he shouldn’t be expecting any new NFL money coming in anytime soon.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say "pay attention to your finances" but when you're a 20 something, you are basically still a kid. Everyone is looking to pad their own pockets.

I will say, how do you not look at your bank account for 10 months? Even in my 20's I had some idea of how to manage my finances.