• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's so great about Trent Richardson

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself this was the right thing to do....:L

Probably the healthiest thing for a Browns fan to do. Shocking to me as the deal was, perhaps the new FO is better off making this big change. I am skeptical of taking such a gamble, but no one knows for sure.

Definitely seems to me as if your Colts took advantage of an unusually promising opportunity, however. :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so at all. If Richardson has a mediocre year his stock value drops and the Browns might luck into a few extra wins. That means they would get less for him later plus they would have a weaker draft slot on their own. It does signal a give up on the season this year for sure tho.

It was a good move for this scheme. They don't need a big bruising RB to run Turner's offense. What they need is a QB that can make quick, smart decisions. They can get a serviceable RB later.

Their needs as a team are as follows:

QB (Bridgewater or Boyd?)
Pass rushing DE/OLB (Clowney)
WR (?)
Middle LB (?)

I would upgrade the first 3 before RB.

Turner...a proven OC that's been running the same OFC since DAL...Emmit was not a fast RB and neither was LT. So...that I don't buy at all.

On the team needs, from an outsider looking in...QB, no question...and I agree my choice would be Bridgewater, maybe Boyd.

I don't think they need Clowney after taking Mingo LY, but it would be hard to pass on a talent such as him.

You're right...I'd fill those position before RB also, but the RB was already in place, you don't get rid of the best OFC weapon just because you need help in other areas.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the long term implications of this trade are pretty good. They say Richardson can also block. Brown let Luck get creamed again this past Sunday. However, he does have breakaway speed. If the Colts can get a decent draft pick for him, this will really be a win win for Indy.

My main concerns center around the appearance that neither the offense or defense has jelled yet. Each have shown flashes and each have failed miserably at times. Will they get it together at some point this season and become a legitimate threat? Hard to say.

However, I believe the acquisition of Richerson bodes well for this season and a few to come. Grigson, you marvelous bastard, I hope you've done it again!

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think anybody thinks Richardson is the next A.P. or anything of the sort but the kid is a solid player who will help what is the Colts best asset, Luck. Everybody thinks the Colts are going nowhere anyway but I don't agree. The AFC is pretty average right now and especially the AFC south. The Colts could be in a real good position by year end and have a possible play-off run if the breaks go their way. We all know that anything can happen. The Colts want to win now and he can help now and for a few years ahead.

As for the Browns, yes they get another first rounder and stockpile and all that but what a terrible way to treat the guys in the locker room and I'm hearing he found out about this on the radio. This tells me this regime really hasn't changed that much. Pretty tacky behavior. It will probably work out for both teams.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a running back. He's replaceable. Browns weren't going anywhere and got a nice draft pick for him.

Baltimore is the farthest a Browns team will ever go.

I would much rather talk about the TR trade than Tebow or what ever stupid ass shit ESPN usually discusses.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the hardest runners in football, he's good in the open field and he is versatile. IMO, he needs to learn to be more patient and I don't know if he has the line in Indy to improve in that area.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody thinks Richardson is the next A.P. or anything of the sort but the kid is a solid player who will help what is the Colts best asset, Luck. Everybody thinks the Colts are going nowhere anyway but I don't agree. The AFC is pretty average right now and especially the AFC south. The Colts could be in a real good position by year end and have a possible play-off run if the breaks go their way. We all know that anything can happen. The Colts want to win now and he can help now and for a few years ahead.

As for the Browns, yes they get another first rounder and stockpile and all that but what a terrible way to treat the guys in the locker room and I'm hearing he found out about this on the radio. This tells me this regime really hasn't changed that much. Pretty tacky behavior. It will probably work out for both teams.

AFC...the stronger teams are in the NFC right now, but it doesn't matter...One AFC team is going to represent the conference in the SB and last yr the weaker conference team won the game so you do what you can to improve your team.

Browns...13 picks in '12, and now 10 to date for '14....it sounds good, but no way are 13 draft picks or even 10 are going to make your roster...I thought they were going to wheel and deal to get better quality players.

When you look back and think the Browns could realistically have Julio Jones, and at worst Ryan Tannihill @ QB, it makes you wonder what those guys are really doing in the front office in CLE...at least on the OFC side of the ball.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My point about the AFC was just that people seem to think the Colts are going nowhere but they could easily be a WC and even possibly win a weak division if the Texans have problems. Richardson could be a big key to that. He doesn't need to run for 100 ypg or 5 ypc or anything of the sort. Just keep defenses honest with a little balance and that helps Luck and the O-line. He's also a good blocker and a good check-down receiver. RB's don't need to carry teams for the whole season anymore but they do need to carry the load at certain points of games to lessen the load on the passing game.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a win-win for both teams. The Colts get a somewhat proven 2nd year back instead of risking a first rounder on a noob RB & Cleveland gets a do-over on their Richardson pick. He was a good one for them, but not a record changer. Maybe with 2 1st rounders next year, they can improve over what they were going to be anyway.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the hardest runners in football, he's good in the open field and he is versatile. IMO, he needs to learn to be more patient and I don't know if he has the line in Indy to improve in that area.

The Colts run-blocking is not where they struggle, it's their pass protection. The Colts are 5th in yards rushing and 5th in ypc at 5.0. How much better will this running game be with TR?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't luck your leading rushing option with goal to go?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point about the AFC was just that people seem to think the Colts are going nowhere

Agree...it was a very aggressive move and they are a fringe team team that could go backwards so I understand that skeptic side of it... but to your point, no need for a workhorse RB, this guy brings balance to the OFC, which is what every team in the NFL wants and needs really...if you're a Colt fan I think you applaud the effort.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a win-win for both teams. The Colts get a somewhat proven 2nd year back instead of risking a first rounder on a noob RB & Cleveland gets a do-over on their Richardson pick. He was a good one for them, but not a record changer. Maybe with 2 1st rounders next year, they can improve over what they were going to be anyway.

I really don't think this is about a do over for a RB...I think it's a do over for a QB, but this guy has 1st round trade value and Weeden doesn't so they pulled the trigger. One thing I do like from the CLE side of this is they recognized that Weeden is probably not the short term or long term solution and they're fixing it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are stupid and showing why they are the Browns and a joke of the league. I understand they want a new QB and all, but without a good running game, it's going to be hell for any new QB, no matter how good they are. All you gotta do is look over at the team they traded with and look at why Indy was so excited to get him.

But I'm glad it happened. Now I don't have to watch anymore Browns games.

As for what is so good about him, he's a beast. He got those stats while at the Browns being basically their only offensive weapon. He's not Barry Sanders, but he was definitely in a Barry Sanders type situation. And he did all that while playing hurt.

Colts got a steal and the Browns got brown.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bc he played for Bama :rolleyes:

Browns obviously didn't think he was so great, at all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself this was the right thing to do....:L

What he was saying, is they thought it was a good move in the system as a long-term move.

I just don't understand with the potential TRich had, why not go to someone that has a top-5 value draft pick. Their are 20+ teams that wanted this guy, or at least get more for him.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ypc is low because the Browns are horrible and he is their only threat. Teams focused all their attention on him. And he still had 12 TDs. And he had 51 receptions last year. That's great for a RB. And that's on the Browns. Just imagine what he will do on the Colts. Yes, the Colts line isn't that good either, but they have weapons, and Luck. Richardson is going to be an absolute stud now. I guarantee his ypc will be over 4 in no time now.

What are the Browns thinking? Obviously they are going to rebuild the offense now, and draft an elite QB talent, but what you're doing isn't going to do anything. You're going from a running team to a passing team. You'll still be one-dimensional. Just the other way around now. And they had enough picks to package and trade up already. There was absolutely no point in doing this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ypc is low because the Browns are horrible and he is their only threat. Teams focused all their attention on him. And he still had 12 TDs. And he had 51 receptions last year. That's great for a RB. And that's on the Browns. Just imagine what he will do on the Colts. Yes, the Colts line isn't that good either, but they have weapons, and Luck. Richardson is going to be an absolute stud now. I guarantee his ypc will be over 4 in no time now.

What are the Browns thinking? Obviously they are going to rebuild the offense now, and draft an elite QB talent, but what you're doing isn't going to do anything. You're going from a running team to a passing team. You'll still be one-dimensional. Just the other way around now. And they had enough picks to package and trade up already. There was absolutely no point in doing this.

Actually the Browns have a pretty good OL and DL ( I know I would trade for their OL in a heartbeat) and some decent secondary WRs, what they are lacking on OFC is a consistent QB, a #1 type WR,...and now a RB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Browns have a pretty good OL

27 hits and 11 sacks on their QB says differently. Both last in the NFL. Then you couple that with a stud RB that only averages 3.5 ypc......I'm not seeing where their OL is good. Please explain.

:wtf2: