• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's so great about Trent Richardson

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone help me understand why this is getting so much attention and suddenly Trent Richardson is regarded as the savior of the Colts. First round pick?!

I ask sincerely. I don't get it. :scratch:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like Prince Fielder.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he's "so great", but I think that he was pretty widely regarded as the top RB in the 2012 draft and he had a solid rookie season last year with over 1,300 yards from scrimmage and 12 TDs.

The Colts lost their top RB for the year on Sunday and were able to go out and get a pretty promising replacement who is also likely an upgrade to Ballard. Pretty unusual for something like that to happen in the NFL, so I think that's why it's gotten so much attention.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had 1300 total yards, 12 TDs, 50 receptions all with broken ribs and a team that had absolutely no passing game to keep 8 out of the box.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had 1300 total yards, 12 TDs, 50 receptions all with broken ribs and a team that had absolutely no passing game to keep 8 out of the box.

Yeah, pretty unusual for a guy who was taken third overall to put up numbers like those under those circumstances his rookie year and then get traded two games into his second year. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it is unprecedented.

Couple that with the fact that Indy, coming off a sort of Cinderella season last year, may have had its chances of returning to the playoffs this year by the deal and it's kind of a big story.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone help me understand why this is getting so much attention and suddenly Trent Richardson is regarded as the savior of the Colts. First round pick?!

I ask sincerely. I don't get it. :scratch:

It's a gamble, no question. but I think "savior" is way off base here. As long as Luck is in IND the team will be built around him...what TRich should bring to IND in a word is balance, and that helps Luck a great deal imo.

Is that enough to get them back to the playoffs? That's the gamble, only time will tell, but Trich imo is a top 10 RB in the game already.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a running back. He's replaceable. Browns weren't going anywhere and got a nice draft pick for him.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could turn out to be a good trade for the Colts, but it is definitely a good trade for the Browns.

Running backs are a dime a dozen, and the Browns are going nowhere this year. Browns are stocking up on draft picks... whether they can draft effectively or not is another story

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a running back. He's replaceable. Browns weren't going anywhere and got a nice draft pick for him.

The Browns have been drafting in the Top 10 for the last 10+ years and where has it gotten them?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts didn't even need anyone that good, just someone who could play RB. I think TR could be huge in their offense now that teams can't load 8 up front every down.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either. I don't see a RB with breakaway speed, a move that makes defenders miss, or the ability to get major yardage after contact. He has a 3.5 yard average after 18 games and his biggest play has been 35 yards. On top of that there are doubts about his ability to stay healthy. The Colts are welcome to him. I hope the Browns start using picks judiciously.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either. I don't see a RB with breakaway speed, a move that makes defenders miss, or the ability to get major yardage after contact. He has a 3.5 yard average after 18 games and his biggest play has been 35 yards. On top of that there are doubts about his ability to stay healthy. The Colts are welcome to him. I hope the Browns start using picks judiciously.

I don't think the Colts want a RB with breakaway speed. With Pep Hamilton now the OC, the Colts want to run the ground/pound/playaction pass of the Stanford offense that he and Luck ran just a few years ago. Perfect pickup imo....and TR and block out of the backfield.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could turn out to be a good trade for the Colts, but it is definitely a good trade for the Browns.

Running backs are a dime a dozen, and the Browns are going nowhere this year. Browns are stocking up on draft picks... whether they can draft effectively or not is another story

Tell that to Kevin Colbert.

Yeah, maybe the pick pays dividends in 2015 or 2016...the problem is @ QB, and they've given up their best OFC weapon to improve the QB position...panic move imo.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Kevin Colbert.

Yeah, maybe the pick pays dividends in 2015 or 2016...the problem is @ QB, and they've given up their best OFC weapon to improve the QB position...panic move imo.

I don't think so at all. If Richardson has a mediocre year his stock value drops and the Browns might luck into a few extra wins. That means they would get less for him later plus they would have a weaker draft slot on their own. It does signal a give up on the season this year for sure tho.

It was a good move for this scheme. They don't need a big bruising RB to run Turner's offense. What they need is a QB that can make quick, smart decisions. They can get a serviceable RB later.

Their needs as a team are as follows:

QB (Bridgewater or Boyd?)
Pass rushing DE/OLB (Clowney)
WR (?)
Middle LB (?)

I would upgrade the first 3 before RB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so at all. If Richardson has a mediocre year his stock value drops and the Browns might luck into a few extra wins. That means they would get less for him later plus they would have a weaker draft slot on their own. It does signal a give up on the season this year for sure tho.

It was a good move for this scheme. They don't need a big bruising RB to run Turner's offense. What they need is a QB that can make quick, smart decisions. They can get a serviceable RB later.

Their needs as a team are as follows:

QB (Bridgewater or Boyd?)
Pass rushing DE/OLB (Clowney)
WR (?)
Middle LB (?)

I would upgrade the first 3 before RB.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself this was the right thing to do....:L