• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's more attractive as a draft move

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long at LT and Matthews at RT.

OH NO!.. not another.....hey lets draft a lineman and move him to another position experiment.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I would actually move Jake Long to RT and let Matthews be this regimes Orlando Pace for the next decade.
Blue, you know damn well the Browns are not letting Gordon go now. However, if, as the reports say, they want to give us 2 firsts AND a 3rd in THIS draft for just the Redskins pick, I am ALL over that.
Here is what I would do in that particular case. Hypothetical, the Rams now have picks #8, #16 and #21. At #8, I go Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins. At #16, I go Cameron Erving, OT from FSU (the best OT available at that point). Then, if Clinton-Dix is gone at #22, I trade down into the top of the 2nd round, add 4th rounder and select Craig Loston, S from LSU with that early 2nd pick.

Then we would still have our 2nd round pick, 2 3rd round picks, 2 4th round picks, a 5th, a 6th, and 2 7th round picks.

As has been stated before, no matter where they are selected, our first THREE picks must be not just home runs, but GRAND SLAMS!

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, I would actually move Jake Long to RT and let Matthews be this regimes Orlando Pace for the next decade.
Blue, you know damn well the Browns are not letting Gordon go now. However, if, as the reports say, they want to give us 2 firsts AND a 3rd in THIS draft for just the Redskins pick, I am ALL over that.
Here is what I would do in that particular case. Hypothetical, the Rams now have picks #8, #16 and #21. At #8, I go Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins. At #16, I go Cameron Erving, OT from FSU (the best OT available at that point). Then, if Clinton-Dix is gone at #22, I trade down into the top of the 2nd round, add 4th rounder and select Craig Loston, S from LSU with that early 2nd pick.

Then we would still have our 2nd round pick, 2 3rd round picks, 2 4th round picks, a 5th, a 6th, and 2 7th round picks.

As has been stated before, no matter where they are selected, our first THREE picks must be not just home runs, but GRAND SLAMS!

If Sam couldn't win with that core then even me as an OU/Sam fan would have to agree that he isn't the answer for the Rams. I still hate the idea of missing out on mathews though. Something about that guy just screams HOF status like his father.

Curious, so on an earlier post you said that Locket isn't even considered on a 7 round mock draft. Locket is a beast and I would bet on it that he will bring in a pretty paycheck for years. Do you no think he's better than what the mock drafts are saying?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how long Taj Boyd and Carr will last on the board. And will Hundley and Manziel stay? I think Hundley stays and Manziel goes pro.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, so on an earlier post you said that Locket isn't even considered on a 7 round mock draft. Locket is a beast and I would bet on it that he will bring in a pretty paycheck for years. Do you no think he's better than what the mock drafts are saying?

I love love LOVE Tyler Lockett and I think at the end of the day he will do good things in the NFL, just the Rams do not need him with Austin, Cunningham and Bailey in the fold. I meant that on sites like draftsite.com, he is not being listed in a full 7 round mock... but I think that will change after the combine. I would bet he is gone early on day 3...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft the best player available. All these extra picks either don't play enough or they suck. The record isn't getting any better and the name of the game is winning. It's time to stop screwing around and go for gold. Grab a couple of FA's and maybe make a trade or two.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZEKE!!! Jake Matthews played right tackle for Texas A&M his entire junior year. Luke Joekel was at left tackle for the Aggies his senior year and was the #2 overall draft pick by the Jaguars. Matthews replaced Joekel at left tackle this year.

So I wouldn't categorize Matthews playing right tackle until Long retires or is injured an experiment.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews is that good that he could play either tackle spot. Even if he plays guard like his father or uncle, play him there until either Long or Barksdale leave.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - you are the voice of reason. Seriously, can the Rams ever have enough quality lineman?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to that Ramcub is they are getting to the elite level with Saffold inside at guard. Barksdale has really improved and Long is settling in as well. Barnes is really playing well as Wells is pretty much done. Adding Matthews at the left guard spot would put them over the top and then when Jones finally is going to play, we will be real close.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Also, I try not to take all of our offensive lineman's health for granted. Matthews would be the best insurance policy ever for any injury to a tackle or guard - he's that good!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need to invest in the Oline but I would rather get a guard in the 2nd/3rd round and fill some much needed holes with our 2 #1's and 2nd round. We desperately need a Safety and a legit #1 Wr.

If we drafted today and still held the #2 spot

#2 - WR - Watkins, Lee, Evans or trade out with the browns and still have a top 10 draft pick and probably still get one of these WR's. I'm also sure one of these WRs will rise and fall because of the combine.
#11 - FS Dix or Olomu
#44 - Justin Gilbert, Bradley Roby, Kyle Fuller, or Louis Nix???
#77 - Anthony Steen or Gabe Jackson

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZEKE!!! Jake Matthews played right tackle for Texas A&M his entire junior year. Luke Joekel was at left tackle for the Aggies his senior year and was the #2 overall draft pick by the Jaguars. Matthews replaced Joekel at left tackle this year.

So I wouldn't categorize Matthews playing right tackle until Long retires or is injured an experiment.

yes you are right, my bad.....
I wasn't aware of that at first glance. The article I read stated he is the best overall athlete in this upcoming draft and top LT. I went back and searched and I found out that he started 3 of 4 years at RT.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about a safety, what about a shutdown CB?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shutdown CBs in the upcoming draft. But many good CBs close in talent in the first 3 rounds.

Look at Kelvin Benjamin, WR for Florida St. 6'5 225 and ran a similar 40 to Mike Evans at 4.58-4.59. That can definitely change, but KB is ranked 14th at WR and is a beast on an offense loaded with weapons. If Evans can't improve on that time, Sammy Watkins all day and maybe Benjamin in the 3rd/4th.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea SJ76, I saw that Benjamin kid play once and I thought that dude is really tall for a corner but I think that is where the NFL is going with likes of the corners that Seattle have. The one is 6'4.

Counselor Chris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a receiver like Josh Gordon or Calvin Johnson, right now our receivers simply aren't good enough. Tavon Austin has been coming on lately but that's all we have right now. Replace Quick with a guy like Watkins

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Sj I came from the ESPN boards

and thank you sir I'll take a compliment when given one