• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats everyone hearing from around the league in training camp for there teams?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Mayo and Hightower at first day of training camp
I wonder how the secondary will perform for u guys and will BB totally be reliant on the front 7 this year?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am big on Buck Allen out of USC and Taliferro who is lighter and stronger this year is what I am hearing. Buck Allen can catch and my get some touches especially out of the backfield on offense.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really haven't had much to watch tv or listen to radio, so don't know yet RB

I'm going to be paying attention to that CB situation ... whether Revis can be replaced or not will be secondary to the D playbook since NE could plan on that part of the field being avoided.

Also, I understand Wilfork's replacement may add to them defining the DT as more pass rushing ... like to see that

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be paying attention to that CB situation ... whether Revis can be replaced or not will be secondary to the D playbook since NE could plan on that part of the field being avoided.

Also, I understand Wilfork's replacement may add to them defining the DT as more pass rushing ... like to see that

From what I have heard the team is trying to figure out what kind of defense they are going to have to play this year. It looks like they will go back to the more zone type coverages to eliminate the big plays and will do the more bend but don't break type defense. They are definitely going to have to depend on the front-7 to make them a decent to good defense this year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our of our millionaires want more millions.:L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle seems to really have some major contract issues this year. obviously success does this to teams and why the NFL has the greatest change from year to year. Think any of the guys threatening to hold out will actually hold out?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle seems to really have some major contract issues this year. obviously success does this to teams and why the NFL has the greatest change from year to year. Think any of the guys threatening to hold out will actually hold out?
No, I don't think so. If it is about money, the penalty for holding out is extreme, as it should be.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One? Not quite.

Bruce Irvin, Mike Bennett, most recently Kam Chancellor. And theres that pesky wilson situation... ughyhhh can we please start playing already.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One? Not quite.

Bruce Irvin, Mike Bennett, most recently Kam Chancellor. And theres that pesky wilson situation... ughyhhh can we please start playing already.

Might have to pay Kam or he just might kill Paul Allen by tackling him

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big Mike Adams fan when he was coming out of college. Sad to see his career really falling apart with injuries and just bad play. Really thought he would be huge for you guys.

Sounds like you guys better hope Roethlisberger stays healthy the entire year.

Also very interested to see how this new Steelers defense is going to look. I see them having a shaky start to the year with just some new moving parts and new coach. As the season progresses though that could be a team that nobody wants to play.
Adams... Definitely was a promising prospect. Turned out to be a decent swing tackle but never lived up to the expectations of a starting LT. Putting it lightly, he couldn't pass protect very well. He was a good spot starter for the oft-injured Gilbert at RT. Strong run blocker. If he can't shake this back problem then he's going to be on the chopping block in a week.

Ben... Isn't it that way every year? I don't care how loaded this offense looks on paper... It doesn't tick without Ben. Gradkowski is a capable starter when healthy, but his "arm fatigue" has everyone worried. Landry Jones is going to get cut... No surprise. Tajh Boyd may be the QB3 after the dust settles. But my money is on Devin Gardner (QB - Michigan). He is turning heads as a WR/QB "slash" type player. He hasn't logged any snaps behind center yet, but he is running with the 2nd & 3rd team offense as a WR. Very athletic prospect.

Definitely going to be interesting. I have high expectations due to the sheer amount of high end draft picks that they have invested into that unit. It should start to pay dividends this season. But I think you're right... Another rocky start but it will gain momentum. So much speed & athleticism in that unit! Its ridiculous.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underlined and Bolded is what I fear the most on offense for the Steelers against the Ravens.

We have no answer for him bigger stronger and faster. smh
He's going to make this offense scary... AB wasn't the intimidating presence, but he demanded respect. Pretty sure Marty B is going to provide that intimidating factor. AB & MB will blow the lid off of defenses while Wheaton carves up the hashmarks. There's no possible way that a defense can double team any one of them now... If they do then they will pay for it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to make this offense scary... AB wasn't the intimidating presence, but he demanded respect. Pretty sure Marty B is going to provide that intimidating factor. AB & MB will blow the lid off of defenses while Wheaton carves up the hashmarks. There's no possible way that a defense can double team any one of them now... If they do then they will pay for it.
Face got a question for you, why did MB disappear in the offense that last quarter of the year last year?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face got a question for you, why did MB disappear in the offense that last quarter of the year last year?
Team went ground heavy... They were demoralizing opponents with the ground game so there was no need to "show their cards" so-to-speak. And AB was still "on fire". From what I recall though, Marty had a bunch of tough calls against him at the end of the year. He had a few TDs & long passes called back on him. Also he was drawing all sorts of PI calls on the defense. So he was getting alot of looks, but the defense had to maul him to contain him.

Bell's stats to finish out the year:

week 11 (@TEN): 204yds
week 12: bye
week 13 (vs. NO): 95yds
week 14 (@Cincy): 185yds
week 15 (@ATL): 47yds (probably the only anomaly here. AB had 120+yds receiving)
week 16 (vs. KC): 70yds
week 17 (vs. Cincy): 20yds (injured)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team went ground heavy... They were demoralizing opponents with the ground game so there was no need to "show their cards" so-to-speak. And AB was still "on fire". From what I recall though, Marty had a bunch of tough calls against him at the end of the year. He had a few TDs & long passes called back on him. Also he was drawing all sorts of PI calls on the defense. So he was getting alot of looks, but the defense had to maul him to contain him.

Bell's stats to finish out the year:

week 11 (@TEN): 204yds
week 12: bye
week 13 (vs. NO): 95yds
week 14 (@Cincy): 185yds
week 15 (@ATL): 47yds (probably the only anomaly here. AB had 120+yds receiving)
week 16 (vs. KC): 70yds
week 17 (vs. Cincy): 20yds (injured)

Mmmm looks like two games were ground heavy, the rest, not so much. Could it be that when MB first started the D paid him little mind, but once he caught their attention they shut him down?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can we talk about football when we don't know what happened to a white suit and a cell phone?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can we talk about football when we don't know what happened to a white suit and a cell phone?
Why do Pats fans feel the need to bring this up in a good football thread? It's like you want to bitch about all the deflate threads, but need to bring it up yourself on a regular basis, including threads that have nothing to do with it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Pats fans feel the need to bring this up in a good football thread? It's like you want to bitch about all the deflate threads, but need to bring it up yourself on a regular basis, including threads that have nothing to do with it.

Blow it out your ass pal. Pats fans take nothing but abuse in all threads around here. It was a quip...scroll by.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow it out your ass pal. Pats fans take nothing but abuse in all threads around here. It was a quip...scroll by.
Same to you ass wipe. You bring on yourselves.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One? Not quite.

I meant to write "All of our millionaires"