• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would you have done

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave Gibson every chance to be a 3 down RB last year. He rewarded them with fumbles and not getting it done in short yardage situations. The whole reason why Robinson was drafted b/c he is the bigger back who can actually run between the tackles and the guy has NEVER fumbled in his career. Gibson has talent, but is he the next McCaffery or Dalvin Cook? No. He needs someone to help out on 1st and 2nd downs and 3rd and shorts. My prediction is you will not see Gibson in the game on 3rd and shorts. Its going to be RBBC this year. If JD gets hurt Gibson will take the 3rd down duties in the passing game and Robinson will be the lead back.
I disagree and giving him every chance isn't about simply putting him in or keeping him the game on 3rd dn. The Skins need to tell Gibson to set apart some offseason time and work with a veteran RB coach or former RB who was a good/great pass catcher. Who could identify w/o having to be told when a blitz was coming and from where. To know when to stay in n block or leak out to be a safety valve or run a route. I;'d like to see pass plays that are designed with Gibson as the primary target. Keith Byars, Ronnie Harmon, Kelvin Bryant n Larry Centers came immediately to mind far as former players far as teaching Gibson what he needs to know.

Good call on Cook. I completely forgot about him. He has all the tools to be a great dual threat. Far as acquiring another running RB. I've said that since his rookie season. Patterson should've been given a legit opportunity to be that guy last year. Had he showed he could be that dude. The Skins could've used this year's 3rd for something else. And Robinson is an inch taller than Gibson with both listed at 228 pounds. Far as any 3rd and short yardage issues. It may've benefited the Skins if they employed a little variety in those situations as opposed to the same ol' tired off tackle or tackle guard gap running plays.

Yeah, those Gibson fumbles pissed me off as well. Something like coaching could've helped with that. Particularly when you consider that before becoming a Redskin. Gibson had 33 career rushes at Memphis. If no one works with Gibson far as the responsibilities of bering the in the game RB on passing situations. That's a disaster waiting to happen and you have no fuckin idea what Gibson could be if he's worked with. And stop talking like you and RR are BFFs who braid each other's hair at slumber parties while he tells you exactly why he did this or that.

The kid is big and he's fast, but he's raw. There's no question though that he put up some impressive #s in the passing game in college. 735 yards at 19 yards a pop for 8 TDs and 27 FDs on just 38 receptions his senior year. RR wanted to make him a RB. Word. That experiment has born some fruit, but don't shit-can the the one aspect of his game that got your wheels turning in the first place. You say he's not Cmac or Cook, cool. I really don;t want him to be them. Both the Panthers and Vikings over-use them. Cook has never played a full season in 5 NFL years and over the last 2 years averaged over 22 carries and 19 carries a game. Cmac was pushin 20 carries a game when he got hurt and hasn't been right since. That's too much of a rushing workload. 14, 15 carries n 5 to 6 receptions a game. .

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ you guys are so way off and miss leading the Robinson Pick the damn Robinson has nothing to do with replacing Gibson or the way of saying we hate Gibson .. he is way more then a 3rd back .. we drafted him to help Wentz . How does he help Wentz well if Wentz struggles Teams have to put up with Gibson, Robinson, Mckissic there will be games will that Running Attack will win a game for Us or 2 via see the 9 min drive vs Bucs .. Our Running Game got Better and we are Debating lol .. What's most likely would Happen

1. LOSE A GAME BECAUSE OF POOR LINE BACKER PLAY

2. LOSE A GAME BECAUSE WE COULD NOT RUN THE BALL

I think you guys are over thinking this and over thinking on Mathis also

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and giving him every chance isn't about simply putting him in or keeping him the game on 3rd dn. The Skins need to tell Gibson to set apart some offseason time and work with a veteran RB coach or former RB who was a good/great pass catcher. Who could identify w/o having to be told when a blitz was coming and from where. To know when to stay in n block or leak out to be a safety valve or run a route. I;'d like to see pass plays that are designed with Gibson as the primary target. Keith Byars, Ronnie Harmon, Kelvin Bryant n Larry Centers came immediately to mind far as former players far as teaching Gibson what he needs to know.

Good call on Cook. I completely forgot about him. He has all the tools to be a great dual threat. Far as acquiring another running RB. I've said that since his rookie season. Patterson should've been given a legit opportunity to be that guy last year. Had he showed he could be that dude. The Skins could've used this year's 3rd for something else. And Robinson is an inch taller than Gibson with both listed at 228 pounds. Far as any 3rd and short yardage issues. It may've benefited the Skins if they employed a little variety in those situations as opposed to the same ol' tired off tackle or tackle guard gap running plays.

Yeah, those Gibson fumbles pissed me off as well. Something like coaching could've helped with that. Particularly when you consider that before becoming a Redskin. Gibson had 33 career rushes at Memphis. If no one works with Gibson far as the responsibilities of bering the in the game RB on passing situations. That's a disaster waiting to happen and you have no fuckin idea what Gibson could be if he's worked with. And stop talking like you and RR are BFFs who braid each other's hair at slumber parties while he tells you exactly why he did this or that.

The kid is big and he's fast, but he's raw. There's no question though that he put up some impressive #s in the passing game in college. 735 yards at 19 yards a pop for 8 TDs and 27 FDs on just 38 receptions his senior year. RR wanted to make him a RB. Word. That experiment has born some fruit, but don't shit-can the the one aspect of his game that got your wheels turning in the first place. You say he's not Cmac or Cook, cool. I really don;t want him to be them. Both the Panthers and Vikings over-use them. Cook has never played a full season in 5 NFL years and over the last 2 years averaged over 22 carries and 19 carries a game. Cmac was pushin 20 carries a game when he got hurt and hasn't been right since. That's too much of a rushing workload. 14, 15 carries n 5 to 6 receptions a game. .

Thats why we resigned JD back to be the pass catching back. Gibson has 2 years of being a rb under his belt. He should know by now how to be an NFL RB. This coaching staff was unhappy with Gib last year as a runner. That is why Robinson was drafted. To be the in between tackles rb and short yardage situations. We had no back like this last year and it showed. Gib didn't get it done in short yardage. Im not giving up on Gib. He still has two years left here. The team might use him different this year b/c of the arrival of Robinson. Plus if JD goes down again this year Gibson will take on his role and we have a guy to run the ball to in Robinson. This pick made a lot of sense. Some people thought it was too high. I disagree. He was the best power back on the board at the time. He is better than Pierce from Fla. I thknk he is the same talent as White from Georgia

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me inject something else into the conversation about our running backs, specifically Antonio Gibson.

How do you guys explain the juxtaposition between time and position when it comes to Gibson. Here's what I mean.

We all know that Gibson is a converted WR playing while learning to be a RB. He's entering his 3rd year when the average life of an NFL running back is 2.57 years, yet the soon to be 24 year old (June) is still learning. At what point, if we aren't already, there does the NFL time clock run out on this experiment?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me inject something else into the conversation about our running backs, specifically Antonio Gibson.

How do you guys explain the juxtaposition between time and position when it comes to Gibson. Here's what I mean.

We all know that Gibson is a converted WR playing while learning to be a RB. He's entering his 3rd year when the average life of an NFL running back is 2.57 years, yet the soon to be 24 year old (June) is still learning. At what point, if we aren't already, there does the NFL time clock run out on this experiment?

??? this doesn't make sense. Gibson will be here for 2 years and is in no danger of being cut, even if Robinson balls out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat wise. Yes. Short yardage and fumbles he was horrible. He is not a banger despite his size more a finesse type back.
AP and tiki barber were fumblers

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSRushYds1DYBCYBC/AttYACYAC/AttBrkTklAtt/BrTgtRecYds1DYBCYBC/RYACYAC/RADOTBrkTklRec/BrDropDrop%IntRat
202022WASRB241410170795404472.63482.0208.544362479-54-1.53018.4-0.884.524.5090.1
202123WASRB2416142581037655342.15031.91913.6524229412-39-0.93337.9-0.2410.5611.50109.5

AG had 503 yds after contact out of 1037 yds rushing , to say he cant convert on 3rd down is ludicrous

his rookie year 348 out of 795 yds rushing was after contact

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSRushYds1DYBCYBC/AttYACYAC/AttBrkTklAtt/BrTgtRecYds1DYBCYBC/RYACYAC/RADOTBrkTklRec/BrDropDrop%IntRat
202022WASRB241410170795404472.63482.0208.544362479-54-1.53018.4-0.884.524.5090.1
202123WASRB2416142581037655342.15031.91913.6524229412-39-0.93337.9-0.2410.5611.50109.5

AG had 503 yds after contact out of 1037 yds rushing , to say he cant convert on 3rd down is ludicrous

his rookie year 348 out of 795 yds rushing was after contact

No its not. It showed up last year hence us drafting a POWER back in the 3rd round. They don't like him in short yardage situations. Plus the fumbles just told the team that they were adding a RB this year. They made this very well known. If you followed the offseason the RB pick shouldn't have surprised you.,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its not. It showed up last year hence us drafting a POWER back in the 3rd round. They don't like him in short yardage situations. Plus the fumbles just told the team that they were adding a RB this year. They made this very well known. If you followed the offseason the RB pick shouldn't have surprised you.,
picking a rb wouldnt surprise me , over drafting one does especially when the stats dont back up that he is a 3rd down failure we could have picked haskins later and got the same type of player

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
picking a rb wouldnt surprise me , over drafting one does especially when the stats dont back up that he is a 3rd down failure we could have picked haskins later and got the same type of player

I disagree Robinson has way more upside than Haskins Stats dont have to just watch the games. Not a good inside the tackles runner.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ you guys are so way off and miss leading the Robinson Pick the damn Robinson has nothing to do with replacing Gibson or the way of saying we hate Gibson .. he is way more then a 3rd back .. we drafted him to help Wentz . How does he help Wentz well if Wentz struggles Teams have to put up with Gibson, Robinson, Mckissic there will be games will that Running Attack will win a game for Us or 2 via see the 9 min drive vs Bucs .. Our Running Game got Better and we are Debating lol .. What's most likely would Happen

1. LOSE A GAME BECAUSE OF POOR LINE BACKER PLAY

2. LOSE A GAME BECAUSE WE COULD NOT RUN THE BALL

I think you guys are over thinking this and over thinking on Mathis also
Us guys didn't say Robinson was drafted to replace Gibson..

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? this doesn't make sense. Gibson will be here for 2 years and is in no danger of being cut, even if Robinson balls out.
Nobody said anything about being "cut" this is a total misread by you! The question is about useful time which all players eventually face. Running backs once were highly valued, now you can get 10 for a dollar. You know this! Gibson is not in his second year but entering his 3rd in 2022. When the average lifespan of running backs is 2.57 seasons and he's about to start year 3, it's insane to not factor wear and tear even if he's only 24 in June.
BTW, his rookie deal expires after next year and how do you know he won't be seeking a new more lucrative contract?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said anything about being "cut" this is a total misread by you! The question is about useful time which all players eventually face. Running backs once were highly valued, now you can get 10 for a dollar. You know this! Gibson is not in his second year but entering his 3rd in 2022. When the average lifespan of running backs is 2.57 seasons and he's about to start year 3, it's insane to not factor wear and tear even if he's only 24 in June.
BTW, his rookie deal expires after next year and how do you know he won't be seeking a new more lucrative contract?

I know he is in his 3 year. Sure RB's are always replaceable. Lets worry about that when he becomes a FA

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm walking into this argument blindfolded, but I like the Brian Robinson pick, i saw his athletic testing wasn't great but thats easy to fix in an NFL off season program.
I think Gibson is going to break out this year. Personally if you hire me based on what I've done and then ask me to do something completely different...expect a learning curve

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm walking into this argument blindfolded, but I like the Brian Robinson pick, i saw his athletic testing wasn't great but thats easy to fix in an NFL off season program.
I think Gibson is going to break out this year. Personally if you hire me based on what I've done and then ask me to do something completely different...expect a learning curve
I like this post sir!!:suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Robinson has way more upside than Haskins Stats dont have to just watch the games. Not a good inside the tackles runner.
i watched every haskins game and he is a bull