• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would you have done

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was of the belief that Payne was as good as gone after this year. I wouldn't have have let 2 DTs who by all accounts were above servicable far as production walk in FA and then used a 2nd rd pk to draft another fuckin DT. If they knew Payne was as good as gone after this year. They should've made him part of the package for Wince. I wouldn't have taken on all 28 million dollars of Wince's contract. I would've made more of an effort to retain Collins an/or more of an effort to re-sign him. Hell, I wouldn't have tried acquiring Wince via trade at all. I would've kicked the tires on as many potential FA QBs as possible including Wince.

I wanted Drake @ 11, I would've badmouthed the mommas of the Altanta scouting dept after they took him @ 8 and if I thought Hamilton was gonna be a baller. I'd of selected him @ 11. I don't know what the case truly is and RR isn't the first to employ it, but RR damn sure has embraced it. That round peg in a square holed bullshit. The topic I wanna touch on now is the Skins scouting dept. They've plucked some gems over the years in the bottom half of the top of the draft, mid and late rounds. but I just can't see the scouting dpt going all mad scientist last year with Davis in the first or Gibson for that matter in the 2nd two years ago. We ALL know they had no parts in drafting Haskins a few years ago or Griffin for that matter back in the day. I think its time to start following their lead throughout the draft. As opposed to the outright stupid and risky shit that the owner and HCxs over the yearsx have engaged in over the years. Funny thing is, they may've hit on a real gem with Gibson who I'll confess I wouldn't have drafted him where the Skins did.

Unfortunately or so it seems. The Skins have only given half-assed effort to make Gibson be all he can be. I loved what JD brought to the Skins last year. Toughness, smarts, big plays at critical times, but Gibson needs to be in that dude. @Sportster 72 called him electric and I think he could be, but the possibly of those electric plays are severely hampered imo due to Gibson's shoddy role in the passing game. He could \be what people thought Deebo could be. The next 1000 yd rusher/1000 yd pass catcher. If he's healthy C-mac is the NFL's best duel threat. he's smoother, more fluid than Gibson, but Gibson is bigger and stronger. I don 't know which one is faster, but Gibson is fast enough. @Stymietee speaks on getting elite players, if the Skins put in some effort Gibson could be an elite dual threat. The Skins need a another running RB and by doing that. Hopefully the kid from bama can provide that. Instead of Gibson coming out the game on 3rd dn he could be spelled more on 1st n 2nd.. 14 carries and 6 receptions a game. I think 4.5/4.6 yards a carry and 9/9.5 yards per rec is possible.................iif the Skins initiate it and put in the effort from their. Fuck it. You think out the think out the fuickin box.

Well that's how I'd do it.

Oh and @MWAB that feeling you have about Redskin players. I think its another problem with how they draft. For a while it was players from Miami. Now its players from Alabama. Its as if the people drafting are thinking, 'well, the kid was a starter @ Bama. He must be a stud n pro ready, lets draft him." It's simple., plain n lazy.

And even though I have fond memories of him from a better time. Someone tell Martin Mayhew to STFU. No, wait, better yet. Tell him to look at his record as a GM......then tell him to STFU.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the feel of this thread because it gives those sideline snipers an opportunity to take a position, post it and get feedback rather than a more comfortable, cowardly one that offers nothing outside of a desire to "appear" something or the other. That said, here's what I would have done...

Understand this... philosophically the conservative nature of the Washington Commanders is totally out of line with my own vision with regards to this organization. No one really cares but this is a social media site where opinions drive conversations, so, in that regard, my own is as valuable as anyone else posting here.

I would NOT have traded out of pick 11 and taken J. Williams with the pick. Why? well, because despite the injury he gives this team more in terms of offensive firepower plus additional security in the event that TM packs his talents and bolts away from Ashburn.

Ok, so they traded for Carson Wince and lost cap monies and middle-of-the-pack draft picks. I absolutely wouldn't have done this but we're talking draft and the dirty deed was done. So in round two, I would have traded down with Kansas City (so stated prior to the draft) or another team in order to bolster my draft capital. Having secured that trade down I select Trey McBride the TE out of Colorado State at 50 and QB Desmond Ridder at pick 63.

I like the upside potential that comes with Brian Robinson and Percy Butler and likely would have stuck with drafting them later. (I'm re-signing Settle and Ironman)

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was of the belief that Payne was as good as gone after this year. I wouldn't have have let 2 DTs who by all accounts were above servicable far as production walk in FA and then used a 2nd rd pk to draft another fuckin DT. If they knew Payne was as good as gone after this year. They should've made him part of the package for Wince. I wouldn't have taken on all 28 million dollars of Wince's contract. I would've made more of an effort to retain Collins an/or more of an effort to re-sign him. Hell, I wouldn't have tried acquiring Wince via trade at all. I would've kicked the tires on as many potential FA QBs as possible including Wince.

I wanted Drake @ 11, I would've badmouthed the mommas of the Altanta scouting dept after they took him @ 8 and if I thought Hamilton was gonna be a baller. I'd of selected him @ 11. I don't know what the case truly is and RR isn't the first to employ it, but RR damn sure has embraced it. That round peg in a square holed bullshit. The topic I wanna touch on now is the Skins scouting dept. They've plucked some gems over the years in the bottom half of the top of the draft, mid and late rounds. but I just can't see the scouting dpt going all mad scientist last year with Davis in the first or Gibson for that matter in the 2nd two years ago. We ALL know they had no parts in drafting Haskins a few years ago or Griffin for that matter back in the day. I think its time to start following their lead throughout the draft. As opposed to the outright stupid and risky shit that the owner and HCxs over the yearsx have engaged in over the years. Funny thing is, they may've hit on a real gem with Gibson who I'll confess I wouldn't have drafted him where the Skins did.

Unfortunately or so it seems. The Skins have only given half-assed effort to make Gibson be all he can be. I loved what JD brought to the Skins last year. Toughness, smarts, big plays at critical times, but Gibson needs to be in that dude. @Sportster 72 called him electric and I think he could be, but the possibly of those electric plays are severely hampered imo due to Gibson's shoddy role in the passing game. He could \be what people thought Deebo could be. The next 1000 yd rusher/1000 yd pass catcher. If he's healthy C-mac is the NFL's best duel threat. he's smoother, more fluid than Gibson, but Gibson is bigger and stronger. I don 't know which one is faster, but Gibson is fast enough. @Stymietee speaks on getting elite players, if the Skins put in some effort Gibson could be an elite dual threat. The Skins need a another running RB and by doing that. Hopefully the kid from bama can provide that. Instead of Gibson coming out the game on 3rd dn he could be spelled more on 1st n 2nd.. 14 carries and 6 receptions a game. I think 4.5/4.6 yards a carry and 9/9.5 yards per rec is possible.................iif the Skins initiate it and put in the effort from their. Fuck it. You think out the think out the fuickin box.

Well that's how I'd do it.

Oh and @MWAB that feeling you have about Redskin players. I think its another problem with how they draft. For a while it was players from Miami. Now its players from Alabama. Its as if the people drafting are thinking, 'well, the kid was a starter @ Bama. He must be a stud n pro ready, lets draft him." It's simple., plain n lazy.

And even though I have fond memories of him from a better time. Someone tell Martin Mayhew to STFU. No, wait, better yet. Tell him to look at his record as a GM......then tell him to STFU.
Finally, someone who feels Gibson needs to be unlocked like I do.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave Gibson every chance to be a 3 down RB last year. He rewarded them with fumbles and not getting it done in short yardage situations. The whole reason why Robinson was drafted b/c he is the bigger back who can actually run between the tackles and the guy has NEVER fumbled in his career. Gibson has talent, but is he the next McCaffery or Dalvin Cook? No. He needs someone to help out on 1st and 2nd downs and 3rd and shorts. My prediction is you will not see Gibson in the game on 3rd and shorts. Its going to be RBBC this year. If JD gets hurt Gibson will take the 3rd down duties in the passing game and Robinson will be the lead back.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave Gibson every chance to be a 3 down RB last year. He rewarded them with fumbles and not getting it done in short yardage situations. The whole reason why Robinson was drafted b/c he is the bigger back who can actually run between the tackles and the guy has NEVER fumbled in his career. Gibson has talent, but is he the next McCaffery or Dalvin Cook? No. He needs someone to help out on 1st and 2nd downs and 3rd and shorts. My prediction is you will not see Gibson in the game on 3rd and shorts. Its going to be RBBC this year. If JD gets hurt Gibson will take the 3rd down duties in the passing game and Robinson will be the lead back.
Let me ask you @Dean, what would you do or better should the team do with Gibson if Robinson comes in and not only takes Gibson's job but convinces them that he is a more complete back than they've wished for?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said over a year ago that Gibson is a star! A guy with his size and speed is just learning to be a full time RB and has hands however, Turner never gets him the ball in the passing game. Sure, Robinson will spell Gibson but Gibson is the DUDE!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you @Dean, what would you do or better should the team do with Gibson if Robinson comes in and not only takes Gibson's job but convinces them that he is a more complete back than they've wished for?

Dont have to do anything. Gibson is under contract.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said over a year ago that Gibson is a star! A guy with his size and speed is just learning to be a full time RB and has hands however, Turner never gets him the ball in the passing game. Sure, Robinson will spell Gibson but Gibson is the DUDE!!!

If he is a DUDE, why the Robinson pick? They don't have confidence in Gibson for short yardage and the fumbles were awful last year. Im glad we picked Robinson. I like Gibson, but Robinson is the guy to get you the tough yards.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is a DUDE, why the Robinson pick? They don't have confidence in Gibson for short yardage and the fumbles were awful last year. Im glad we picked Robinson. I like Gibson, but Robinson is the guy to get you the tough yards.
why do you draft a short yardage back in round 3 for god's sake ?. you can get that in round 4-7

and you talk about " giving up " on players yet you damn sure gave up on gibby and the fumbles with an off season of education

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we didn't have a short yardage back and with his size (6-2, 225) he will compliment Gibson well. Needed a guy like this in the RB room since JP is a smallish back and McKissick is the gadget back. I think Robinson Jr rounds out the RB room and possibly could land a starters role if Gibson is not resigned in a couple of years. Robinson Jr will not be taking anyone's job this year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Robinson simply a short yardage back?

Robinson averaged five yards per carry and caught 35 passes last season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Robinson simply a short yardage back?

Robinson averaged five yards per carry and caught 35 passes last season.
Seems like a well rounded back who can break tackles. Runs a little upright.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mathis could always improve but he is already 24, so his cieling may be capped. Martin Mayhew calls his ability to rush the passer “sneaky” which is an apt description. Mathis will contribute from day one, be a solid run defender and the hope is he can grow into a better pass rusher. I would have taken Travis Jones from UConn here if the pick was interior defensive linemen, or Jaquan Brisker the safety from Penn State

The former member of the Crimson Tide backfield, has a strong chance to contribute early. And he will most likely take the mantle as “RB1” when Gibson’s and McKissic’s contracts are up. However, again Washington could’ve probably gotten better value here. LB Leo Chenal and CB Zyon McCollum were on the board here. Both are high-upside players, with strong athletic profiles at positions of need.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you draft a short yardage back in round 3 for god's sake ?. you can get that in round 4-7

and you talk about " giving up " on players yet you damn sure gave up on gibby and the fumbles with an off season of education

Not giving up on him. Its going to be a RBBC. Robinson can do other things. This is how the team feels. They dont view Gibby as a stud.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we didn't have a short yardage back and with his size (6-2, 225) he will compliment Gibson well. Needed a guy like this in the RB room since JP is a smallish back and McKissick is the gadget back. I think Robinson Jr rounds out the RB room and possibly could land a starters role if Gibson is not resigned in a couple of years. Robinson Jr will not be taking anyone's job this year.

I agree it gives us great depth. I just do think the team view Gibson as a super stud. The dont view him as a guy to give 25 carries too to end games. I like the Robinson pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not giving up on him. Its going to be a RBBC. Robinson can do other things. This is how the team feels. They dont view Gibby as a stud.
He has more TDS then anyone on this team and he isn’t a stud ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant to say the team doesn't view Gibson as a stud. They drafted Robinson to spell him in different situations.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gibson. I don't think he should be worried at all. If I'm him I'm happy. Someone come help me take this pounding.

A lot of good teams have two legit runners. Just look at Zeke and Pollard in Dallas.

I think Robinson Jr. will be able to.get the tough, short yards, but I view him as more than that.

We had no "real" running back on the roster.