• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Would You Do?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. What are the cap ramifications of the Patriots cutting Amendola loose?

I think I read where he would coast us around 6mil, at least 4mil. Maybe he can restructure, but that is a huge cap hit, esp with AHern's money on the books. I hope we get his money back. If I was involved in what he was, my company would not pay me to sit in jail. It's a fucked up world we live in.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As for cutting McCourty that is nuts. He had a great year at safety. I would cut Gregory because Harmon is going to be excellent. I like both Silega and Chris Jones a lot and they mesh well with Vince and Kelly. We had 49 sacks this year which was top 10 and thus a really big improvement but like TKO and Briz I would like another stud pass rusher and I love Hardy from Carolina but I don't think we have the money."

What do you think about Johnson from Cinn then if we can't get Hardy. He was banged up, might be able to get him on the cheap for a few years, and I think this is another players that BB likes.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read where he would coast us around 6mil, at least 4mil. Maybe he can restructure, but that is a huge cap hit, esp with AHern's money on the books. I hope we get his money back. If I was involved in what he was, my company would not pay me to sit in jail. It's a fucked up world we live in.

The money in question was a signing bonus already paid.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Michael Johnson from Cinn? He should be available, they are going to have to pay some guys!
he would be my top free agent target outside the pats. 4-3 de to pair opposite jones. gunna cost alot though i think cincy was gunna franchise him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign all 4 - overpay none of them. I'm thinking all 4 are resignable.
Talib might be another 1 year signing.
Edelman is just too valuable for receiving, punts and HEART.

I don't know what to do with Amendola. Try another year? Cut him next year with more players to get signed? If the rookie receivers had shown more I think this decision would be easier - cut and run.....Really, I just don't know.....

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would be my top free agent target outside the pats. 4-3 de to pair opposite jones. gunna cost alot though i think cincy was gunna franchise him.

I thought they were going to owe some other guys. I could be wrong. I thought it was down to him or Atkins for the big pay day. I think they have Dalton and Green coming up also. IDK, he was banged up this yr, lets hope for him to want to sign a small deal and show he can still play. I agree briz, him and CJ would be sick with Vince and Kelly back...OUCH!!

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Edelman and Blount.

Slot receivers are a relative NFL bargain so I vote for a two-for-one deal...let Talib walk and use his money to sign Edelman and Blount. They need to draft an athletic pass rushing D-lineman. If you improve the pass rush you'll improve the coverage but GREGORY MUST GO!

If Talib is looking for a $9-11 mil contract it should be enough to sign Edelman and Blount. They'll have Vereen and Ridley for another year and could afford to let Blount walk but I'd still do the two-for-one deal.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Talib and Blount are very, very good friends, supposedly Blount isn't a money fiend, and supposedly Talib is on cloud 9 over his pro bowl selection. I'm thinking both are very signable. If they play super hardball, the Pats will have to let one or both walk, but they may not.

And yes. Gregory is not an NFL starter. I'd be very happy with him as a 3rd or 4th safety, but that's the one position on the roster you can look at and say they just have to improve.

Right now, I think they keep Edelman, Blount and Talib. I think Spikes walks - even if they had big money to throw at him, I don't think he wants to play in New England any longer. They need to redo Wilfork's contract, and likely a couple more guys with contracts expiring after next season. They probably won't have the money to go after any big name free agents unless Talib gets away; I assume any FAs they sign will be of the middle-of-the-roster types.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Talib and Blount are very, very good friends, supposedly Blount isn't a money fiend, and supposedly Talib is on cloud 9 over his pro bowl selection. I'm thinking both are very signable. If they play super hardball, the Pats will have to let one or both walk, but they may not.

And yes. Gregory is not an NFL starter. I'd be very happy with him as a 3rd or 4th safety, but that's the one position on the roster you can look at and say they just have to improve.

Right now, I think they keep Edelman, Blount and Talib. I think Spikes walks - even if they had big money to throw at him, I don't think he wants to play in New England any longer. They need to redo Wilfork's contract, and likely a couple more guys with contracts expiring after next season. They probably won't have the money to go after any big name free agents unless Talib gets away; I assume any FAs they sign will be of the middle-of-the-roster types.

Blount and Talib may feel that way but their agents will be buzzing in their ears...Gregory looks tackling challenged to my eyes so I don't think he's even worth a STs spot but they could keep him to avoid a cap hit although it's not huge. From what I read, he's due $2.25 mil next year and if they cut him they'll take a hit of $833+K. Bottomline, they need to upgrade at least one safety spot... and I think signing Edelman, Blount and even Wendell makes more fiscal sense over one huge contract for Talib and say Wendell for example.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think back to what their defense looked like before they acquired Talib and... I'm sorry, I just don't think they can afford to have him walk. I think he matters to much to their ability to play good defense. The step down from Blount to Ridley (if it's even a step down and not a step sideways) is small. The step down from Wendell to whoever the next best center they can find is basically nonexistent. They can find RBs, mediocre OL and so on. They won't be able to find a replacement for Talib.

I don't think it'll be either/or anyway - I think it'll be Talib or bringing in an outside big free agent - but if it is, I keep Talib.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think back to what their defense looked like before they acquired Talib and... I'm sorry, I just don't think they can afford to have him walk. I think he matters to much to their ability to play good defense. The step down from Blount to Ridley (if it's even a step down and not a step sideways) is small. The step down from Wendell to whoever the next best center they can find is basically nonexistent. They can find RBs, mediocre OL and so on. They won't be able to find a replacement for Talib.

I don't think it'll be either/or anyway - I think it'll be Talib or bringing in an outside big free agent - but if it is, I keep Talib.

All I know is if Talib gets too high of an offer and they let him walk...I don't want to see them taking another corner in the draft! Upgrade the pass rush. I think Dennard and Ryan will be a good pair of corners if you don't leave them hanging too long. They could move Connolly back to OC and Cannon into the OG spot with Vollmer at OT so they have good options. I just don't want to lose Blount and Edelman because of Talib.