• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Would You Do?

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without it, I think they take at least a $7.5 mil cap hit because of his bonus. The lawyers will be busy...

I am sure that they will be and the commissioners' office better get off of the snide and take care of it as well. If they do this to Kraft, he will never forget how the NFL offices treated this situation.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want to go looking for another #1 corner bru. we got one all we got to do is pay him. long as its not absurd. secondary is got alot better no need to mess with a good thing. id let gregory go and draft a strong safety and try to keep everything else intact.

i agree that wilfork will save us some money, they will redo his contract 7 mill is too much for a nosetackle.

why you want to extend mallett instead of trade for picks? mallett wont ever see the field here. brady says hes playing into his 40's i dont doubt him.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want to go looking for another #1 corner bru. we got one all we got to do is pay him. long as its not absurd. secondary is got alot better no need to mess with a good thing. id let gregory go and draft a strong safety and try to keep everything else intact.

i agree that wilfork will save us some money, they will redo his contract 7 mill is too much for a nosetackle.

why you want to extend mallett instead of trade for picks? mallett wont ever see the field here. brady says hes playing into his 40's i dont doubt him.

Briz - what do you think that Talib is going to want for a contract?

As far as Mallett - Brady gave the Patriots about $5.2 million a year as cushion for extending Mallett.

Last edited by a moderator:

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz - what do you think that Talib is going to want for a contract?

As far as Mallett - Brady gave the Patriots about $5.2 million a year as cushion for extending Mallett.
no idea. hopefully it aint more than 10mill. id spend 8-10 and backload it a little bit. if he wants bevis money then we are screwed. but i think the pats are gunna have to dish out a pretty good contract to get him, and thats fine. #1 corners are important and piece of mind. thats one position you cant just plug in backups or scrubs in and get away with it. they will be exposed eventually.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no idea. hopefully it aint more than 10mill. id spend 8-10 and backload it a little bit. if he wants bevis money then we are screwed. but i think the pats are gunna have to dish out a pretty good contract to get him, and thats fine. #1 corners are important and piece of mind. thats one position you cant just plug in backups or scrubs in and get away with it. they will be exposed eventually.

Talib is going to want no less than 4 years and $48 million Briz.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is going to want no less than 4 years and $48 million Briz.
10.2 mill thats about the top id be willing to spend. maybe add an extra year and backload the last year. im in no favor of trying to drafting a #1 corner especially at the bottom of the rounds. we already thing at cb then we lose talib and bring in a rookie get him up to speed. naw just pay talib long as its not absurd. i dont want dennard covering #1's hes perfect for #2's.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10.2 mill thats about the top id be willing to spend. maybe add an extra year and backload the last year. im in no favor of trying to drafting a #1 corner especially at the bottom of the rounds. we already thing at cb then we lose talib and bring in a rookie get him up to speed. naw just pay talib long as its not absurd. i dont want dennard covering #1's hes perfect for #2's.

Briz - Talib is not going to want less than what Brandon Carr is getting. A 4 year, $48 million deal with $25 million guaranteed is what he will want.

You can take this one to the bank.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And will get. Someone will give him that money. If you're saying we shouldn't pay that, you're saying we shouldn't bring him back.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know hes gunna want a good deal the question becomes would you pay him or not? take the cheep route and put less talent on the field then our secondary is in the same crappy position it was in before we traded for talib, the reason we needed to trade for him in the first place. you got to spend your money somewhere. #1 corner is one position i dont mind spending it at. as long as its not an absurd amount that would kill your cap, like bevis, you got to draw the line somewhere. but if its in the ballpark then i would do it, you can structure it possibly to keep the cap lower early and later on hes got to restructure or get cut. i just dont think you can let talib go. we got a good thing going on in the secondary finally. its gunna cost us some, we got to realize that and live up to it. #1 corners that can shut down jimmy graham, julio jones, and aj green just dont fall in your lap for 5 mill a year. teams will sign him away from us. we got to offer him a good deal and hopefully he likes it here in new england and compromises on his end as well. it would be a nightmare trying to draft a #1 corner in addition to all our other needs. there aint nobody on the roster that could replace talib either for cheeper. not even dennard. you let talib go slide dennard over to number one wrs and use logan ryan at number two, thats not gunna be good enough trust me. dennard is good but hes not that good and dont matchup well with taller #1 wrs with speed like talib does. comeon bru find a way to get talib deal done cuz theres no other option.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know hes gunna want a good deal the question becomes would you pay him or not? take the cheep route and put less talent on the field then our secondary is in the same crappy position it was in before we traded for talib, the reason we needed to trade for him in the first place. you got to spend your money somewhere. #1 corner is one position i dont mind spending it at. as long as its not an absurd amount that would kill your cap, like bevis, you got to draw the line somewhere. but if its in the ballpark then i would do it, you can structure it possibly to keep the cap lower early and later on hes got to restructure or get cut. i just dont think you can let talib go. we got a good thing going on in the secondary finally. its gunna cost us some, we got to realize that and live up to it. #1 corners that can shut down jimmy graham, julio jones, and aj green just dont fall in your lap for 5 mill a year. teams will sign him away from us. we got to offer him a good deal and hopefully he likes it here in new england and compromises on his end as well. it would be a nightmare trying to draft a #1 corner in addition to all our other needs. there aint nobody on the roster that could replace talib either for cheeper. not even dennard. you let talib go slide dennard over to number one wrs and use logan ryan at number two, thats not gunna be good enough trust me. dennard is good but hes not that good and dont matchup well with taller #1 wrs with speed like talib does. comeon bru find a way to get talib deal done cuz theres no other option.

Briz - that is going to be the deal for Talib and you don't backload it. You front load that deal as much as possible for 2014 because of the 2015 free agent class.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz - that is going to be the deal for Talib and you don't backload it. You front load that deal as much as possible for 2014 because of the 2015 free agent class.
our 2015 free agent class or the whole nfl free agent class? i havent looked at the whole class if its a strong free agent class then maybe you want to save some space for it. but our free agents outside solder maybe wont be that expensive. i dont expect most of them to be back they could be replaced. ridley can be replaced, connelly, wilfork will probably get extended lowering his cap, ghost is a kicker he wont cost much, vereen is a 3rd down runningback thats injured alot he wont cost much. i think you could still backload talib and we will be ok. you get him for 8 mill the first years and force him to restructure or be cut the final year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took the deal for talib because he was absurdly cheap. I agree he's worth a very good contract now, but need wasn't the deciding factor in the trade for him. It was value.

A borderline elite CB for a 4th rounder? Easy.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for cutting Amendola, but not if he is going to cost that much. Shit, are WR can't stay healthy as it is. It is going to be hard to watch Edelman walk, I think they need to sign him some how. He is so valuable to this team as a WR, PR and can play DB in a pinch. Maybe we see Edelman get tagged this yr and see what happens. Not sold on Talib, he is not on the field enough for the money he will want. Going to be interesting for sure. I also don't see Spikes back, they are not going to want to pay him with the guys they have now.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if vereen is healthy next year he'll probably draw significant interest. If we can lock him up now we should.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag Edelman? You're nuts. He isn't worth that.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our 2015 free agent class or the whole nfl free agent class? i havent looked at the whole class if its a strong free agent class then maybe you want to save some space for it. but our free agents outside solder maybe wont be that expensive. i dont expect most of them to be back they could be replaced. ridley can be replaced, connelly, wilfork will probably get extended lowering his cap, ghost is a kicker he wont cost much, vereen is a 3rd down runningback thats injured alot he wont cost much. i think you could still backload talib and we will be ok. you get him for 8 mill the first years and force him to restructure or be cut the final year.

Briz - Chandler Jones is going to be a FA in 2016 and he will easily command a multi-year deal north of $10 million a year if he continues to produce at a level that he is producing at.

As far as free safeties are concerned for the 2015 class, it is a fairly weak free agent class outside of maybe Will Hill as external roster options that would come cheaper than McCourty. And, McCourty will also want to get paid if his brother is an example of what he will want in terms of a contract.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took the deal for talib because he was absurdly cheap. I agree he's worth a very good contract now, but need wasn't the deciding factor in the trade for him. It was value.

A borderline elite CB for a 4th rounder? Easy.
your kidding right? we traded for a cb cuz our secondary sucked.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz - Chandler Jones is going to be a FA in 2016 and he will easily command a multi-year deal north of $10 million a year if he continues to produce at a level that he is producing at.

As far as free safeties are concerned for the 2015 class, it is a fairly weak free agent class outside of maybe Will Hill as external roster options that would come cheaper than McCourty. And, McCourty will also want to get paid if his brother is an example of what he will want in terms of a contract.

I think we sign Chandler now, no need to wait if you ask me. Lets get him done.