• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Would You Do To Improve This Team?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know our weaknesses, we know what we are doing wrong. Is the answer as simple as kicking Tomlin to the curb? IDK how realistic that is, but that is definitely something that I think we should consider doing.

What are your guys' ideas? Thoughts? Opinions?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd start with firing Tomlin, leave Asst HC John Mitchell in charge, but give him strict instructions to stay out of the OC and DC gameplanning.

Leave those two an opportunity to show what they have on their own, without Tomlin's input. Then re-evaluate again after the next 4 games.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign bell, pay big money for some
Defensive talent?

Would we even be able to do all that? Like will we ever have that kinda money? lol

For me, this all started in the draft, by picking, what I though was, the right position but the wrong player. Terrell Edmunds was not the right choice. I mean, look at Mike Hughes in Minnesota, Josh Jackson in Green Bay, Jessie Bates in Cincinnati. I think those three guys are better than Edmunds right now. We have allowed the 2nd most passing TDs in the league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know our weaknesses, we know what we are doing wrong. Is the answer as simple as kicking Tomlin to the curb? IDK how realistic that is, but that is definitely something that I think we should consider doing.

What are your guys' ideas? Thoughts? Opinions?

1st...let this season play out...10-6 or better I probably keep Tomlin/staff intact because the DEF would've made a helluva turnaround to post 10 wins. Anything less than 10 wins or 10 wins and one and done if they make the playoffs...I start at the top and replace Tomlin and staff....I'm a big fan of Sean Payton's work...now that Mr Benson has passed and the grubby daughter can finally have her way, it might be a good time to call him.

2nd...rescind the 5th yr for Dupree, use those funds along with Shazier/Bell money and got out and get a proven edge rusher and a CB in FA.

3nd...my biggest thing with this team now, is the DEF scheme seems flawed and the only way to fix it imo is to get rid of Tomlin and Butler and start over with some fresh ideas, fresh voices.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd start with firing Tomlin, leave Asst HC John Mitchell in charge, but give him strict instructions to stay out of the OC and DC gameplanning.

Leave those two an opportunity to show what they have on their own, without Tomlin's input. Then re-evaluate again after the next 4 games.

If I axed them now, I'd go with Coach Munchak...Coach Mitch is done after this season, almost certain.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I axed them now, I'd go with Coach Munchak...Coach Mitch is done after this season, almost certain.
I don't like what typically happens to interim coaches who rise to take over halfway through a season.

Munch is a great coach where he is. He didn't do all that well as a HC.

Mitchell is on his way out anyway, let him caretake for a bit before he retires at the end of this season. That's why I would want Mitchell to take over.

Steelers would need to go HC searching into this offseason, so just give the coordinators some rope to showcase what they can do without interference for a while.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if axing them mid-season would help anything. Depending on how the season pans out, I'd definitely fire them after the season is up, but we got some tough games that weren't tough games in the beginning of the season. I always thought Atlanta was gonna be a tough game, but the Bengals at home is now a tough game, Ravens at home, Panthers are decent and I don't trust our defense to contain Cam, at Jacksonville was always gonna be tough, Chargers might be tough now, Patriots, Saints and Bengals as the last game might have some division implications. The fact that we can't beat the Browns and we couldn't keep the Bucs from coming back concern me for the rest of the season.

Main focuses for me right now are the defense, running game and figuring out what's going on with Chris Boswell. He's missed critical FGs and extra points in every game aside from the Ravens game. Boswell's issues aren't coaching related, but the defense and running game more than likely are.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to figure out how to play 60 minutes. They've been out played in the second half of every game so far. In that same vain, they need to be ready to play when the game starts. So, figure out how to start fast or at least slow down the opponent in the 1st quarter. They've been down double digits in the first quarter of the last 3 games.

I know it's not the Steeler way but IMO if we limp to a 1-6-1 mark at mid-season, coaching heads must roll!!! I know we've turned around 2-6 starts not that long ago to end at 8-8 but our D has not played this bad in a long long time. If we only have 1 win at mid-season, Tomlin should be gone before game 9.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like what typically happens to interim coaches who rise to take over halfway through a season.

Munch is a great coach where he is. He didn't do all that well as a HC.

Mitchell is on his way out anyway, let him caretake for a bit before he retires at the end of this season. That's why I would want Mitchell to take over.

Steelers would need to go HC searching into this offseason, so just give the coordinators some rope to showcase what they can do without interference for a while.

Fairpoint...the season imo would be doomed anyway. The coordinators I would allow to finish the season to build on their resume` for the following season.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to figure out how to play 60 minutes. They've been out played in the second half of every game so far. In that same vain, they need to be ready to play when the game starts. So, figure out how to start fast or at least slow down the opponent in the 1st quarter. They've been down double digits in the first quarter of the last 3 games.

I know it's not the Steeler way but IMO if we limp to a 1-6-1 mark at mid-season, coaching heads must roll!!! I know we've turned around 2-6 starts not that long ago to end at 8-8 but our D has not played this bad in a long long time. If we only have 1 win at mid-season, Tomlin should be gone before game 9.

Agreed. They start slow and they don't finish whatsoever. That's a picture perfect recipe for a big fucking L.

Looking at the schedule, we might be lucky to get to get to 6-6-1 before the last three games of the season, which could be a disastrous end to our season. Patriots, At New Orleans and Cincinnati. Playing the Bengals all of a sudden isn't as easy as it has been recently. Pats and Saints will more than likely be in division races. Best case scenario for the rest of the season is that we get our shit somewhat together and we finish 8-7-1 or 9-6-1. I don't see us doing any better than 10-5-1 though, even with Bell back and that's a stretch for me right now.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairpoint...the season imo would be doomed anyway. The coordinators I would allow to finish the season to build on their resume` for the following season.
Would they fire the DC if the D doesn't improve by midseason? If so, is anyone on the staff capable of being a DC, Porter???

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would they fire the DC if the D doesn't improve by midseason? If so, is anyone on the staff capable of being a DC, Porter???

Porter or Dunbar in my opinion are the only ones. Sure as hell aint Tom Bradley.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubtful...Tomlin knows he's as much of the DEF preparation as Butler is so I don't think he would fire him midseason, but if he did I would expect Tomlin or coach Mitch to take over the DEF calls.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thought I had was what are Saxon and Munch doing to provide some sort of help to the offense? Is Fitch taking them aside and being like listen, we gotta start much faster than what we are. We cant keep trailing by at least 2 scores to start the game.

To bring up a positive, I believe Bostic has been a pretty decent LB for us. It's our secondary that really needs the help. To be honest, I think Tom Bradley needs to be on the hot seat along with Tomlin. I mean, what were we thinking? Hiring a DC from the Pac 12. Pac 12 teams don't play defense! UCLA's defense allowed over 36 PPG last year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They start slow and they don't finish whatsoever. That's a picture perfect recipe for a big fucking L.

Looking at the schedule, we might be lucky to get to get to 6-6-1 before the last three games of the season, which could be a disastrous end to our season. Patriots, At New Orleans and Cincinnati. Playing the Bengals all of a sudden isn't as easy as it has been recently. Pats and Saints will more than likely be in division races. Best case scenario for the rest of the season is that we get our shit somewhat together and we finish 8-7-1 or 9-6-1. I don't see us doing any better than 10-5-1 though, even with Bell back and that's a stretch for me right now.

I think if they win this week, maybe 8-7-1...unless there is some type of 180 deg change on DEF and some improvement on OFC as well, I don't see the winning @ CIN, @ BAL, @ JAX, NE, or @ NO.

If Tomlin gets this team to 10 wins it will be an incredible rebound...I don't see it.

Bell...reportedly (maybe fake news again) he's reporting back during the bye week. I'm on record saying that this is a permanently damaged situation and Bell shouldn't be in that locker room.

I've made a few probes and the feedback I'm getting is the OL would probably be able to bury the hatchet and play out the remaining games with Bell. The media reported chasm might not be as big as we think it is.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell...reportedly (maybe fake news again) he's reporting back during the bye week. I'm on record saying that this is a permanently damaged situation and Bell shouldn't be in that locker room.

Agreed. Even though I think it would improve our running game, chemistry wise, it might not be the best move to insert him back in the locker room. I can't imagine there are many friendly faces waiting for him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have anyone on staff I would want as a DC.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Even though I think it would improve our running game, chemistry wise, it might not be the best move to insert him back in the locker room. I can't imagine there are many friendly faces waiting for him.
If he comes back, PUP him and tell him to stay home.