• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was your favorite Husker bowl?

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine has to be the 62-24 Fiesta bowl win over Florida

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is right up there. I think the Miami game the year before is my favorite.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite moment from the Miami game was the shot of Sapp where he was suckin wind through his asshole lmao good times good times

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'97 Orange Bowl vs. Tennessee

Phil Fulmers post game comments, I think, went a long ways in getting the Huskers their share, and marked the end of the Big Ten/PAC camping in the Rose.

The media guy asked Fulmer who should win the championship and he said something like "Well we haven't played every team but we've never had our butts handed to us physically the way we did in this game. So Nebraska has my vote." Paraphrasing some maybe but he was brutally honest and respectful.

Love the 94 and 95 of course also but "The Catch" on a sabotaged field in Columbia followed by this eventual triumph was an incredible ride.

Stinky56

In Violation Of Air Space
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was the 1971 Orange Bowl against #5 LSU. Of course any championship game the Huskers were in is the real shit. Earlier that day #1 Texas lost in the Cotton Bowl and #2 Ohio St lost in the Rose. It was the first time I ever had my heart in my throat. Archie Manning was their QB and they had a guy Tommy Cassanova who was a real burner on KO/PR's. If LSU won Notre Dame would be champs. Dad had a houseful that night. Drinks were flowing and so was the language. Back then there were no repeats or cable tv to do so. I'm sure there is a dvd of it. That kind of shit is emotional when your 15 and now is so much more so.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was the 1971 Orange Bowl against #5 LSU. Of course any championship game the Huskers were in is the real shit. Earlier that day #1 Texas lost in the Cotton Bowl and #2 Ohio St lost in the Rose. It was the first time I ever had my heart in my throat. Archie Manning was their QB and they had a guy Tommy Cassanova who was a real burner on KO/PR's. If LSU won Notre Dame would be champs. Dad had a houseful that night. Drinks were flowing and so was the language. Back then there were no repeats or cable tv to do so. I'm sure there is a dvd of it. That kind of shit is emotional when your 15 and now is so much more so.

that would have been awesome to see.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanquishing Miami... Watching Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis sucking wind on the sidelines with oxygen masks and the broadcasters saying for the entire game that the option wouldn't work against Miami's speed. Sure enough the fourth quarter came around and Nebraska was steamrolling them w/ the option.

Stinky56

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite moment from the Miami game was the shot of Sapp where he was suckin wind through his asshole lmao good times good times

Miami also had a player named Ray Lewis. Only a Sophmore at the time but still. That game and that shot of Sapp was priceless! Never cared for either one. Those first 2 Super Bowls were awesome even tho at the time I was torn between GB and KC. Loved to see Starr to Carroll Dale, Jim Taylor Donnie Anderson and that defense. Man in those days it was all out full throttle.

Stinky56

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Brasky. I type slowly.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami also had a player named Ray Lewis. Only a Sophmore at the time but still. That game and that shot of Sapp was priceless! Never cared for either one. Those first 2 Super Bowls were awesome even tho at the time I was torn between GB and KC. Loved to see Starr to Carroll Dale, Jim Taylor Donnie Anderson and that defense. Man in those days it was all out full throttle.

Im jealous of you for what youve seen Stinky I was just a babe in 71

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Mine too. No one gave us an anthills chance in hell to win that game and then to come out and literally maul Florida is still my alltime favorite. Especially watching the hat watch his team meltdown right in front of him. Osborne proved quickness and physicality will overcome speed.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Mine too. No one gave us an anthills chance in hell to win that game and then to come out and literally maul Florida is still my alltime favorite. Especially watching the hat watch his team meltdown right in front of him. Osborne proved quickness and physicality will overcome speed.

ya and Spurrier looked like he was about to have an anurism

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah some cool memories from this game- everyone was on Florida's Fun-N-Gun tip.

Pregame had Phil Simms tossing a rubber banded up newspaper to a football pad wearing Bill Cosby showing how 'fun' and 'unstoppable' Florida's attack was.

Countless pregame commentary on how Nebraska just hadn't faced speed and precision of this kind before.

A really cool thing was just before kick as the final kind of show they had Tommy and Weurffel decked out in Western regalia complete with boots, leather chaps, gun belts, vests and sheriff stars and ten gallon hats facing off in a western style set with bat-wing saloon doors and shit drawing off on one another. I always wondered which big cigar has that shit sitting in his Husker Room to show off. That shit was really worked too...looked like very high quality work.

And the game...Florida and everyone else thought they were going to win this going up on Nebraska early. Then Huskers get a TD, safety, then another TD and on the kickoff Joel Makovicka completely destroyed their return guy and dislocated his hip. They were totally demoralized and the game was over right there.

Rest is legend.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 10 for that '71 game and remember going to get Natty t-shirts a couple days afterward. I like the '95 Orange Bowl vs Miami. The Huskers broke a long streak of losing to Florida teams in bowl games and T.O. finally won "The Big One".

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting the monkey off our back in the '94 Orange Bowl vs Miamuh.
The next year was almost as good vs Florida in '95.
And third, for me, would be vs Tenn in '97 for another title.
Fourth Might be watching Crouch and the boys smoke Northwestern in '00. We could have easily hit 80 or 90 that game if we wanted.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

One of the things that's memorable about that game was the comment Bob Devaney made after the game...
Even the Pope couldn't vote ND number one! Classic!

My Mom, Dad, older sister, and brother in law went down to watch that game live in Miami. My avi reminds me of that game and my deceased parents every time I look at it.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------

I remember thinking before the game that Nebraska was going to be in for a battle.

A few days before that game I had a dream that Nebraska was rolling over Florida, but when I woke up, I thought no way, it would be a tough game.

That had to be my favorite bowl game also.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the 2012 Capital One Bowl.
Runner-up would be the 2009 Gator Bowl over Clemson.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The '94 Orange Bowl win over Miami is really hard to beat