• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was your best game as a player?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th grade, C team for my jr high. Our first game we played a school (Orange Grove) who had carpet for their court. Have any of you ever heard of that happening elsewhere?

I scored 2 buckets in less than a minute. One of them I was backing a guy up in the post, and then just threw it over my head behind me from about 6 feet out. It banked and went in. Then next time down the court I was running toward the baseline on the left side and ran out of room. I freaked out and threw up a hook shot from about 17 feet out before I ran out of bounds. Swish.

My coach took me out and I told him to go fuck himself. I had two SC top plays and he benches me. I coulda been a contenda, I coulda been somebody!!!

I stuck to baseball, and the rest is history.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our first game we played a school (Orange Grove) who had carpet for their court. Have any of you ever heard of that happening elsewhere?

I've seen that. We played this one team that had a blue carpeted floor. Didn't really affect anything but the sounds. No squeaky shoes, no loud, reverberating thuds for the dribbles, and the crowd noise (such as it was for a JV game in the sticks) was muffled.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen that. We played this one team that had a blue carpeted floor. Didn't really affect anything but the sounds. No squeaky shoes, no loud, reverberating thuds for the dribbles, and the crowd noise (such as it was for a JV game in the sticks) was muffled.

Was it Boise St?!?!?!?

Hahaha, just kidding.

Yeah, I remember the ball having more bounce on the carpet too, but maybe that is me misremembering from 20 years ago. I definitely remember the sound of the bounce on that carpet though.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Boise St?!?!?!?

Hahaha, just kidding.

Yeah, I remember the ball having more bounce on the carpet too, but maybe that is me misremembering from 20 years ago. I definitely remember the sound of the bounce on that carpet though.

The worst part was falling. Carpet burns should never be a part of any b-ball game!

The other thing I remember about this particular gym is that the home scoreboard operator would cheat. He rang up extra baskets for the home side when they missed, let the clock run when they were ahead, stopped it abruptly when they were behind. Our coach actually assigned some of his players to watch the scoreboard and yell out when we saw him do something like that. Refs didn't really pay us no mind, though.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th grade, C team for my jr high. Our first game we played a school (Orange Grove) who had carpet for their court. Have any of you ever heard of that happening elsewhere?

I've seen it, but haven't played on it. Doesn't sound like fun times if you dive after a ball.

In 6-7th grade I played ball at a catholic school. A few of the gyms we went to had tile floors instead of wood. That's about as whacky as I've played on.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've played on a couple carpeted courts and its a really bad idea if you're playing anywhere past half speed.

The carpet provides too much friction. With all of the quick stop-and-start / change of direction in basketball it really does a number on your knees and ankles. Super dangerous.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a good player, I could shoot very well and was money from the line, but I couldn't dribble well, couldn't create own shot, not quick, can't jump, poor defender, I stopped playing after JV basketball.

I played in a church league my senior year of HS, I probably only averaged about 8 points a game. However in the championship game I had 20 points (17 in the 2nd half) and hit a bizzare game winner at the buzzer. Also won the free throw and 3 point competitions among all league participants that day, someone was looking down upon me that day.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing on concrete usually wasn't that bad. It's the old wood floors w/dead spots everywhere that REALLY suck to play on. Anyone from Ohio ever play in the old cedarville tournments? I'm not sure they even have a tournament there anymore.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZjQ5ZjU1MmE0YyMvMHBFanVyMUQzanAzM0xSejJLd1A2aHJmX2c4PS8weDU5OjEwMjR4NzA1Lzg0MHg1MzAvczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL2E3Nzg2MTU5MGZhOGY0Y2MxNjJlODIwMzczYzU1ZTg0MjVkOGI0MmE1MjllMTY2NjAxZTQxZTFjNDI4NWUzYmEuanBn.jpg

Played a 0-0 game here. Every single player tore both acl's so we just agreed on a tie. That's when we started in a wheel chair league. Seriously, wtf is going on in this pic?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have played basketball from the age of 5 until now (29) and still play competitive ball.

After high school my JC went to a summer invitational and I had a game where I made 14 three's en route to 54 points. Don't know or remember how many assists or rebounds I had. Ended the game 14-of-16 from downtown. Our coach encouraged us to throw up the rock from deep if we were feelin' hot.

That was my best performance by almost 20 points in my entire career.
I played point guard in high school but still averaged in double figures. My best game was 32 points but I concentrated on hitting the open man as we had two prolific scorers on our team.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a pretty decent showing last night in some league ball. Between 2 games I went 7-of-10 from downtown and had the game winner the first game with a drive past my defender and a little scoop floater.

My jump shot is without a doubt my biggest strength. Led the Conference in High School in both FT% and 3PT%.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZjQ5ZjU1MmE0YyMvMHBFanVyMUQzanAzM0xSejJLd1A2aHJmX2c4PS8weDU5OjEwMjR4NzA1Lzg0MHg1MzAvczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL2E3Nzg2MTU5MGZhOGY0Y2MxNjJlODIwMzczYzU1ZTg0MjVkOGI0MmE1MjllMTY2NjAxZTQxZTFjNDI4NWUzYmEuanBn.jpg

Played a 0-0 game here. Every single player tore both acl's so we just agreed on a tie. That's when we started in a wheel chair league. Seriously, wtf is going on in this pic?

This looks like a a tarp that appears wood-floor like, they use in kindergarten/elementary/small private schools/churches to lay out in a multi-purpose room. It shows lines and a lane, etc.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a prolific scorer in 6th grade gym because I just decided to stand under the basket all the time and not play defense. When my team would get the ball, they would toss it to me and I would lay it in. I think they gym teacher wanted to see how long it would take the other kids to figure out how to neutralize me and let me keep doing it. Finally, in our last game, somebody came down to guard me under the basket and I was useless. The teacher told me after the game that I was still the SMARTEST player on the court...
Played in a practice game with friends as a young guy in Dallas and ended up paired up with a guy who was about 6'8" and maybe 260lbs (I was the next biggest guy at around 6'2")...I completely owned the guy, grabbed every board and scored over him at will. I thought I was hot shit until I saw him play in the next league game...he was easily one of the clumsiest people I've ever seen, would get his hands on a board and then throw it miles out of bounds while trying to corral it. My friends still asked me to play, but I knew I pretty much sucked and was more interested in lifting weights and softball to make time for it.

Funny, I think I've owned balls for every major US sport except a basketball...baseball, softball, football, soccer, golf, tennis, racquetball, table tennis, hockey (street balls and pucks), lacrosse...what the hell else is there? Oh, never owned a bowling ball. Or a handball.

stopwow673

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat the bench, but sometimes I would go in in the last minute. I scored in 3 separate games: layup, layup, free throw. My best game was 2 points. My worst game was 0 points with a turnover.

That was a church league, not high school. It wasn't much fun sitting the bench.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to rock the shit out of this against my brother all winter long.

MEBB.JPG