• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what town is Miami?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. What type of sports town is Miami? Football? baseball (I know that answer) or Basketball?

I know Miami was all BBALL while the Big 3 were together, and not docking die hard fans or calling anyone bandwagoners, but Miami became known around the county as a basketball city while they were together.

However, before and after the big 3 at the core of Miami, what type of sport city is it?

Dolphins have been there a long time so I could see football being huge, especially with the hurricanes.

Just wondering.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost, Miami is not a “town” Miami is a city. Sports wise, Miami is the biggest bandwagon/fair weathered sports city on the face of the earth. The team that is mostly watched at a given time is the one that is consistently winning - sadly, none of our pro sports teams are consistently winning right now except for the Miami Hurricanes in College Baseball.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Serious question. What type of sports town is Miami? Football? baseball (I know that answer) or Basketball?

I know Miami was all BBALL while the Big 3 were together, and not docking die hard fans or calling anyone bandwagoners, but Miami became known around the county as a basketball city while they were together.

However, before and after the big 3 at the core of Miami, what type of sport city is it?

Dolphins have been there a long time so I could see football being huge, especially with the hurricanes.

Just wondering.

Excuse Paolo, he does not know how to answer a question. Miami has traditionally been and still is a football "town". The Dolphins, Hurricanes and the best local high school football in the country assures that. All that being said, the Heat have a very strong and consistent fan base down here. Not sure I would call it a basketball town, as the Canes ACC team struggles to fill their arena, but the Heat have a solid core.

We have a ton sporting wise. Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Competitive college sports, tennis, golf, fishing, boating, track and field, swimming, etc. Just a ton of sporting activities here.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need no one to excxuse themselves for me or to answer for me. I know you cant accept the idea that those who dont agree with you doesnt mean they are off base or are answering a question or know what they are talking about.

Your description of the Heat having a very strong and consistent fan base is really a laugher. The largest amount of bandwagoners here are those that follow the Heat. Wait until Bosh and your boy Diva retire - it will go back to how it was the year before we drafted Beas - where you could sit in the rafters and still hear the teams huddle on their benches due to how quiet and empty the arena was.

Miami isnt locked in as a baseball, basketball, football, or (insert sport here) type city - this city will follow whatever team is currently hot and consistently winning - proof is with the Marlins, the first few days it was sellouts at the ballpark, they got off to a bad start, everyone ran - they got on a small win streak - a few came back and have now disappeared again with recent struggles.

This is just my opnion, but young andres just isnt mature enough to understand the concept of people being able to express their opnion and that its okay even if it means having different views - so I expect another rant against me again - I dont put too much stock into the following of college sports, especially not HS sports -

The reason is, for the most part, only those directly connected to these schools/teams make up their fan base- whereas pro teams are followed by a larger more general population

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say football town.

It's got a few years of being a basketball town, but there is too much football history