• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with Reddick/Dunn?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are struggling big time and I'm starting to think Reddick was a fluke.

Should I cut both of them for better options or give them some more time?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are struggling big time and I'm starting to think Reddick was a fluke.

Should I cut both of them for better options or give them some more time?

In a league were there is a DH spot. I have already benched Dunn and picked up Hafner off the WW. My question now is how long should I carry 2 DHs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 DH spots but I have Mark Reynolds at one of the position and doesn't plan on moving him from there. I have 1 spot available for 3 crappy players (Doumit, Dunn, and Reddick)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Dunn like a toilet seat. It's obvious his average is never gonna be anything even decent. Do u really want him in there in the hopes that he hits one maybe two homers a week?

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Dunn should not be own in any format, unless you get points for strike outs. As for Reddick, what type of league is this, and what are some of your options.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 DH spots but I have Mark Reynolds at one of the position and doesn't plan on moving him from there. I have 1 spot available for 3 crappy players (Doumit, Dunn, and Reddick)

Unless you play in a 2 catcher league or a AL only league, there is no need to have Doumit on your bench, let along looking for time in your DH slot. If you have a decent catcher then dump him.

I hate Adam Dunn. Hate. HATE. He is the one person I refuse to draft or have on any of my teams, EVER. However I understand that his HR power sucks people in despite his horrific batting average. He might have value to someone in your league, try and trade him in a package with one of your other players for an upgrade somewhere. There may be a week or 2 where you want to kick yourself when he goes on a HR tear, but overall you'll be thankful he's not on your team anymore.

As for Reddick: looking at his minor league numbers he never hit higher than .266 once he got above A Ball and that trend carried over to the majors. Last year he had an OBP of .305 and an OPS of .768. His walk rate also plummeted in the second half last year along with his
BA over the final 2 months. On a positive note he did hit 32 Home runs. If he increase he BB you know what you have.....a young Adam Dunn.
Was last year a fluke, not as far as his power goes. Will he repeat it what he did last year.....I can't answer that. I might hold him for a little while longer.

Oh, and if you can't trade Dunn, drop him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Dunn should not be own in any format, unless you get points for strike outs. As for Reddick, what type of league is this, and what are some of your options.

It is a roto league. As for options there aren't any good ones really. I do have my eye on Jason Kubel when he comes of the DL but outside of Kubel here are some of the batters available:

Brandon Belt
Trevor Plouffe
Gerardo Parra
John Jay
Matt Adams

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about maybe dropping Doumit to add another SP because the hitting options are available.

Or maybe I can drop Doumit and attempt to get Buck to play one of my DH positions since Yadier is my C?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddick is definitely your man out of those 3. I don't think he will approach 30 homers again, but how about the steals? He is finding a way to contribute despite the horrble average. He will get hot, his average will end up between .220 and .250 and he could be a 20 20 guy this year.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a roto league. As for options there aren't any good ones really. I do have my eye on Jason Kubel when he comes of the DL but outside of Kubel here are some of the batters available:

Brandon Belt
Trevor Plouffe
Gerardo Parra
John Jay
Matt Adams

i would drop dunn for any other bat,and like you said drop reddick for a arm

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about maybe dropping Doumit to add another SP because the hitting options are available.

Or maybe I can drop Doumit and attempt to get Buck to play one of my DH positions since Yadier is my C?

You have 3 catchers in a single catcher format/league? You need to correct that pronto. IMO, I would trade Buck NOW!!! His value will never be higher. I would also flat drop Doumit. He is doing you no good or favors, and a better d.h/utility player has to be out there somewhere.

As for the original question, I would also drop Dunn. I don't hate him like Jim does, but I am very much not liking what I am seeing of the results of his new offseason tweak of mechanics. By doing the above, you should be able to have a spot to sit Reddick for the forseeable future, and, you can then address some other roster concerns.