• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! WIS TO TITANS!!!! WTF!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote is on the Canadian or Russian Women teams

8130442.jpg

privivkova.jpg

Woah..... Canada stepped it up this time. Those were not the female Olympic athletes who represented their nation in Vancouver.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Curious....Are some of you more upset because its the "Same Old Lions" and they can't even hire a coach right or did some of you really actually believe the Whiz was the next coming of Bill Walsh? In all honesty I wasn't real warm to him after is tenure in Arizona but saying that I'm not real warm to any of the candidates. Maybe we really never had any chance of getting him and maybe this was all his decision and not the Lions F up.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whisenhunt passing on the Lions actually does make sense on his part. Yes most people will say Detroit is closer than Tennessee however in Detroit there is a decent chance of getting fired after 1 year. Reality is our GM is on the hot seat and likely if he goes, so to does the coach. Whisenhunt probably realized this is the only job out there where you have 1 year to make the playoffs, and no matter what factors, if you miss you are fired. Tennessee he probably has a much larger cushion.

K

kengel6

What was Stafford's role during the interview with Whiz?
Guess it didn't work.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whisenhunt passing on the Lions actually does make sense on his part. Yes most people will say Detroit is closer than Tennessee however in Detroit there is a decent chance of getting fired after 1 year. Reality is our GM is on the hot seat and likely if he goes, so to does the coach. Whisenhunt probably realized this is the only job out there where you have 1 year to make the playoffs, and no matter what factors, if you miss you are fired. Tennessee he probably has a much larger cushion.

I disagree. The Fords aren't firing anybody after one year. It's not how they operate. When they declined to fire Mayhew and Lewand along with Schwartz, they essentially committed to them for another three years. And therein lies the problem, imo. No coach with clout wants to work for/with those two clowns.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors are true he's a douche. I don't want a guy that wants to run a shotty 3-4 that will require us to blow up the defense. Nor do I want some pussy that wants to be in an easy division.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Xanders might be going to the Dolphins as their GM. He would be a great hire. He should be our GM right now.

Keeping Millenhew is going to end up being just another in a long list of god awful decisons the idiot Ford family makes with this team. I started a thread saying it and I will just keep saying it, this franchise is ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS. For all the idiots out there running teams, including Jerry Jones, this is hands down the worst.

If they had any brains at all they would have shit canned that idiot Schwartz BEFORE the Vikings games and got first crack at O'Brian and Smith. They would have gotten those interviews. But nope, they let did nothing at all and look where they are now. Flapping their gums to everyone that its the best job available and how far down the list of potential coaches are they?

I'm not sure why ANY potential candidate would want the job now, and I mean that. Not because I'm pissed at this shit franchise, but because anyone coming in will absolutely know that he wasnt who the team wanted and not at all who the fans wanted. What a great way to start a new job hey?

ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS franchise. Complete fucking joke.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Fords aren't firing anybody after one year. It's not how they operate. When they declined to fire Mayhew and Lewand along with Schwartz, they essentially committed to them for another three years. And therein lies the problem, imo. No coach with clout wants to work for/with those two clowns.

______________________________________________________________________________________
No matter who is the next hire for HC, more than likely they'll get at least three years. I believe the same will go for Lewand and Mayhew. When you look at the financial aspect of this team; Staff, CJ and Suh they comprise more than 40% of the cap and it gets worse. If the next hire doesn't meet the F.O. or even Bill Jr.'s expectations (playoff-s, nfc championship or even SB) then I'd assume a complete house cleaning would come.... Which would likely mean Staff and CJ

Staff 2014 cap hit-15.82mil (dead.$ 43 mil).... 2015 cap hit-17.721mil (dead.$ 27.221 mil)...... 2016 cap hit-22.5 (dead.$ 11 mil).....2017 cap hit-22 mil (dead.$ 5.5 mil)

CJ 2014 cap hit-13.058 mil (dead.$ 29+ mil)...2015 cap hit-20.558 mil (dead.$ 20.971 mil)...... 2016 cap hit-24.008 mil (dead.$ 12.914 mil).... 2017 cap hit-21.358 mil (dead.$ 4.857 mil)..... 2018 cap hit- 17 mil (dead.$ 0)..... 2019 cap hit- 18.25 mil (dead.$ 0)

This doesn't include Suh's contract as his has voided (met incentives) for 2015, however, 2014 cap hit- 22,412,500.00.......probably gets an extension and should be the focal point of this team here on out

It's all in with Staff, CJ and new HC until end of regular season 2016...... JMO

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Xanders might be going to the Dolphins as their GM. He would be a great hire. He should be our GM right now.

Keeping Millenhew is going to end up being just another in a long list of god awful decisons the idiot Ford family makes with this team. I started a thread saying it and I will just keep saying it, this franchise is ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS. For all the idiots out there running teams, including Jerry Jones, this is hands down the worst.

If they had any brains at all they would have shit canned that idiot Schwartz BEFORE the Vikings games and got first crack at O'Brian and Smith. They would have gotten those interviews. But nope, they let did nothing at all and look where they are now. Flapping their gums to everyone that its the best job available and how far down the list of potential coaches are they?

I'm not sure why ANY potential candidate would want the job now, and I mean that. Not because I'm pissed at this shit franchise, but because anyone coming in will absolutely know that he wasnt who the team wanted and not at all who the fans wanted. What a great way to start a new job hey?

ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS franchise. Complete fucking joke.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayhew was almost fired this year. Schwartz became the scapegoat and I have to think that another failed year would result in Mayhew being fired. An extension of cleaning the front office many times includes the coaching staff.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way will the Lions next HC be on the hot seat after year one. This is the Lions. They only fire people when 99.97% of the fan base is screaming/not showing up anymore. Speaking of which..... Suck it Lewand.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Xanders jumping ship to Miami....somebody stop the bleeding!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Xanders jumping ship to Miami....somebody stop the bleeding!

He's the 6th candidate to interview for the position. He hasn't jumped ship, and he hasn't been offered the job yet. Why does everyone freak out so much here?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the 6th candidate to interview for the position. He hasn't jumped ship, and he hasn't been offered the job yet. Why does everyone freak out so much here?

Hit me with your positive spin go ahead. He'll come back with a nice tan?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positive spin is he it's just interviewing. How bout we wait til it happens to freak out. Since it is apparent that there is enough to freak out about with out adding the moderate possibility of him leaving.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally have a half way decent draft after 5 years of Martin Mayhew fucking shit up and the guy responsible is interviewing for a new job a year later. Nothing to see here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xander's drafted Tim Tebow, this should not be forgotten. Schwartz wanted Ansah, that also should be kept in mind. Mayhew is lucky to have a job, also worth noting.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xander's drafted Tim Tebow, this should not be forgotten. Schwartz wanted Ansah, that also should be kept in mind. Mayhew is lucky to have a job, also worth noting.

McDaniels drafted Tebow and Mayhew will never work in the NFL again once (if) he ever loses this job.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels drafted Tebow and Mayhew will never work in the NFL again once (if) he ever loses this job.

Xander's was GM, right? I cant accept any reasons why a GM would allow that to happen. Other than they are a GM that makes awful, horrible, stupid decisions. Cuz that was an awful, horrible, stupid decision.