• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! WIS TO TITANS!!!! WTF!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Lions.

A pathetic ownership group. In a year the Lions had the number one job they shit the bed!!!!!

So Mayhew will put some gloss on Caldwell and tell everyone he was their guy all the time after he blew them away with his interview. Fucking sorry ass GM. Caldwell was ran out of Indy and nobody wanted him other than to satisfy the Rooney rule!

How many times can an organization prove they are inept?

Congratulations to Mayhew and the Fords….you found a way to loose when you are not even playing.

Mayhew needs to go!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pathetic Baltimore offense will look right at home in Detroit. They should have just fucking promoted Linehan if they liked blah vanilla offenses that don't utilize their starts.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pathetic Baltimore offense will look right at home in Detroit. They should have just fucking promoted Linehan if they liked blah vanilla offenses that don't utilize their starts.

January 13, 2014 9:05:17 PM PST
By Jamison Hensley

If Jim Caldwell is hired by the Detroit Lions, it would make life easier for the Baltimore Ravens and their offensive coordinator.

The worst-case scenario is Caldwell not getting a head coaching job this offseason. That would lead to a tough decision for the Ravens as well as Caldwell.

The Ravens admire Caldwell as a person and as a coach, but the offense finished 29th in total yards and 25th in scoring in his first full season as coordinator. And, even if the Ravens want him to return, I'm not entirely sure Caldwell wants to come back as the playcaller.

Caldwell came to the Ravens before the 2012 season as a former head coach whose expertise was developing quarterbacks. He was hired to be in Joe Flacco's ear, not run an entire offense. Caldwell had never been an offensive coordinator in his previous three decades of coaching. If you remember, Caldwell was reluctant to replace Cam Cameron at first a year ago but he did so because the Ravens convinced him that it was best for the team. The rest is Super Bowl history.

The results were not as memorable or successful in 2013. The offensive line struggled to open holes in the running game and pass protect. Flacco threw a career-worst 22 interceptions, and running back Ray Rice averaged a career-low 3.1 yards per carry.

It would be in everyone's best interest to have a fresh start. Caldwell is better suited to running an entire team, and the Ravens can hand the reigns of the offense to someone who is more committed to it for the long term.

There are plenty of options for the Ravens. Baltimore could make the big splash by hiring Norv Turner, who has yet to be released from his Cleveland Browns' contract. The Ravens could look for the younger hot candidate in Packers quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo. Or the Ravens can keep continuity and promote wide receivers coach Jim Hostler, who is the only coach on staff that has experience as an offensive coordinator. Hostler has the advantage of already knowing the players and the offensive coaches.

This, of course, hinges on the Lions hiring Caldwell. The Lions job is Caldwell's last opportunity to get a head coaching job this year after losing out on the vacancies with the Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans.

The Ravens are among Caldwell's biggest supporters and appreciate the work he did that led to a Lombardi Trophy. That's why it would be easier if the Lions hired Caldwell and removed any tough decision away from the Ravens.

Tags: Baltimore Ravens, Jim Caldwell

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I almost forgot. That would be a no from me as well regarding Caldwell and 2 nobodies for coordinators.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The results were not as memorable or successful in 2013. The offensive line struggled to open holes in the running game and pass protect. Flacco threw a career-worst 22 interceptions, and running back Ray Rice averaged a career-low 3.1 yards per carry.

You know Detroit is going to take Baltimore off the hook and hire Caldwell and then Mayhew will hold a press conference saying he was the Lions 1st choice and try and blow more sunshine up the fans ass.

On a positive note -- at least in Detroit, he could hopefully be able to say he improved upon his paltry numbers as the OC of Baltimore.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I almost forgot. That would be a no from me as well regarding Caldwell and 2 nobodies for coordinators.

Get back in the kitchen Old Lion's wife.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am truly interested to see how Millenhew fucks this up further.

Because right now there is no rush to do anything at all. I don't think Caldwell has interviewed anyplace else so waiting to talk with both Greg Roman and Dan Quinn is perfectly fine. Nobody is going to steal the great Jim Caldwell away.

Instead, my bet is that Millenhew will jump the gun to try and cover his own incompetent ass and announce the Caldwell hiring soon. Doing exactly what some have already suggested in saying he was always their top choice, after all, they did interview him first right?

Dumb and Dumber have already turned this search into a clusterfuck and it won't surprise me one bit when they actually make it worse.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get Schwartz back what a nightmare:lame:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be alone(and I'm sure I am), but I'd be ok with Caldwell. He had success with Peyton and Luck. He may not be the flashiest hire, but I'd rather him than Munchak.

No reason what so ever to hire a coach with a mustache.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to start watching Curling. Is there a Curling fantasy league?

There should be. I think we're capable,as a board, of making that happen. Got high hopes for Poland, Belarus and Switzerland. In the ladies bracket.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to start watching Curling. Is there a Curling fantasy league?

My vote is on the Canadian or Russian Women teams

8130442.jpg

privivkova.jpg