• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what the fuck happened?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials wanted to keep the drive going.

The defense knows that Ponder has to throw to the TE for TDs but they left him open anyway. If they actually cover him 49ers win the game.

Now hold on, we actually covered him on that 2nd TD (I believe it was the 2nd one) the one in the back of the endzone. He obviously pushed Whitner off of him, that should've been offensive PI, without a doubt. The ref was right there too :L

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what they do. Call for QB change every time the team loses

You seem to have very little experience being a football fan so allow me to give you some guidance through an anecdotal experience.

In 1987 the lowly 5th seed Minnesota Vikings came to Candlestick for a divisional playoff game. In 1987, the 49ers had the best record, #1 offense & the #1 defense in the league and were considered a lock to win the SB.

By the ~middle of the 2nd quarter it was crystal clear that Burns had game planned masterfully to stop Montana and thereby stopping the 49ers - Montana was for the most part completely ineffective.

It was then the chants started to come in my house and others to pull Joe Montana and put in Steve Young. And, with each successive incompletion the chants became louder until they became screams to pull Montana's ass out of the bleeping game.

By mid-way through the 3rd quarter Walsh finally did yank Montana and on his first drive, Steve Young led us on a quick, short drive to the end zone - taking full advantage of what Jerry Burns DID NOT game plan for - Young's mobility.

So, do you think any of us/those screaming for Walsh to pull Montana wanted to replace Joe as our starter? No! We simply recognized that Burn's game plan was working and we simply wanted to try something different.

I don't think anyone here wants to replace Smith as our starter either but when shit isn't working we have to be willing to try something different.

Got it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't mind bringing in kap for a few plays to mess up the d. could provide a spark as well, which the team needed. but maybe harbaugh doesn't want to take the rabbit out of the hat just yet.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was not the biggest issue with this loss. The offense for the most part was moving the ball, but only had what seemed to be around 6 possessions before Gore Fumbled. Then the Vikings decided to be kind and start playing like everyone expected them to against our D by turning it over several times, but it was to late then.

The offense had scoring drives on 4 possessions. The problem is the same they had last year. They didn't finish them as Touchdowns and had 1 FG blocked. Still the offense was far better than the Defense which couldn't keep the Vikings off the field and made Ponder look like Steve Young.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I leave to go to the beach with my family and I come back to find we lost to ths goddam Vikings! Who's to blame? I want answers.

IMO, this one was more about "being the hunted". the Vikings were fired up and played a good game, both sides of the ball.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Removing 2011 to focus on 2007-10 creates a larger gap. In those four seasons, Western teams were 34-72 (.321) in 10 a.m. PST starts on the road, and 33-53 (.384) in later road starts. It is safe to say 2011 was an outlier compared to the previous four seasons.

Team had no edge but still could of gotten this game to a 50/50 chance if not for a blocked FG and stupid penalties *4 1st downs given on flags.

Min was lucky and played good.

I picked Min +7.5 after seeing how they played vs. Colts so I expected a close game but at one point in they had run about 2x the plays we did.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldson being a fucktard certainly played a role.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Team had no edge but still could of gotten this game to a 50/50 chance if not for a blocked FG and stupid penalties *4 1st downs given on flags.

Min was lucky and played good.

I picked Min +7.5 after seeing how they played vs. Colts so I expected a close game but at one point in they had run about 2x the plays we did.

i also felt a close game coming, saying i'd take the points. but no way did i think the 49ers would lose.

yeah, even our defense couldn't stop their long drives. they had at least three drives of 80 yards.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd down play after the KW return when it looked like a design qb run was comepletely disgusting!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That 3rd down play after the KW return when it looked like a design qb run was comepletely disgusting!

its one of those things.......if it works, its brilliant. it didn't, so it was disgusting.

but you can't fault Roman for being creative. that used to be a BIG issue with past coordinators.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have very little experience being a football fan so allow me to give you some guidance through an anecdotal experience.

In 1987 the lowly 5th seed Minnesota Vikings came to Candlestick for a divisional playoff game. In 1987, the 49ers had the best record, #1 offense & the #1 defense in the league and were considered a lock to win the SB.

By the ~middle of the 2nd quarter it was crystal clear that Burns had game planned masterfully to stop Montana and thereby stopping the 49ers - Montana was for the most part completely ineffective.

It was then the chants started to come in my house and others to pull Joe Montana and put in Steve Young. And, with each successive incompletion the chants became louder until they became screams to pull Montana's ass out of the bleeping game.

By mid-way through the 3rd quarter Walsh finally did yank Montana and on his first drive, Steve Young led us on a quick, short drive to the end zone - taking full advantage of what Jerry Burns DID NOT game plan for - Young's mobility.

So, do you think any of us/those screaming for Walsh to pull Montana wanted to replace Joe as our starter? No! We simply recognized that Burn's game plan was working and we simply wanted to try something different.

I don't think anyone here wants to replace Smith as our starter either but when shit isn't working we have to be willing to try something different.

Got it?

Now why'd you have to bring that up? Ugh, what a painful memory.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now why'd you have to bring that up? Ugh, what a painful memory.

Ha! I was thinking of you when I wrote that piece figuring you were probably the only other poster here who would remember - all too vividly - the pain of that day. And that was back when the Broncos were handing out SB Titles to the NFC like they were Halloween candy. Double Ugh!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I was thinking of you when I wrote that piece figuring you were probably the only other poster here who would remember - all too vividly - the pain of that day. And that was back when the Broncos were handing out SB Titles to the NFC like they were Halloween candy. Double Ugh!

Ha ha! Nice. I remember that well. We had to wait two more years for our turn with the Broncos.