• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what the fuck happened?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, you've made almost this exact same argument at least a few times in the past for a loss. You'll now say it applies again in this instance I'm sure. It appears that you have the same things to say every single time something happens. You're not the only one that does that. I'm just pointing it out. I don't know of another way to say it to not make it like I'm coming at you so I probably shouldn't even have said it. Do you even realize you do that? Does anybody else?

Of course I realize it. I'm simply not afraid to call lit like it is. You act like its not true. They clearly were not prepared to play today and got manhandled for it........or perhaps you think the Vikings are a better team than the Niners.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense comes flat/sad again like today vs the Jets... i might be rooting for an in game switch at QB...

Our guys played terrible. Perhaps the defense worst in two seasons and that's not being overreacting. They were very un-49er def like today

I didn't think we necessarily came out flat on offense. We definitely came out flat on D though.

OTOH If that FG doesn't get blocked and turn into a FG the othe way, and if Alex hits Moss for that TD early different game probably. Even with that, after Williams return to the 14 - the play calling on that drive was atrocious. 2 runs up the middle and some weird rollout? That was a kick in the nuts right there. Then Whitner drops that INT. This was a well rounded defeat. Sort of a silly thing to call for a QB change even if they play identically next week... I don't think we'll see the same effort next week though, so that's probably a moot point.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think we necessarily came out flat on offense. We definitely came out flat on D though.

OTOH If that FG doesn't get blocked and turn into a FG the othe way, and if Alex hits Moss for that TD early different game probably. Even with that, after Williams return to the 14 - the play calling on that drive was atrocious. 2 runs up the middle and some weird rollout? That was a kick in the nuts right there. Then Whitner drops that INT. This was a well rounded defeat. Sort of a silly thing to call for a QB change even if they play identically next week... I don't think we'll see the same effort next week though, so that's probably a moot point.

Yeah KW's return to open the 2nd was wasted... bad play calling and maybe we should've gone for it?

the block FG looked worse knowing what we know. Not enough down the field strikes(more noticeable for me this game vs others).

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all I can say, not having seen the game, is this sucks. I live in Seattle and as bad as tomorrow is going to be, it will be ten times worse if the seasquawks beat the packers. Get your shit together Harbaugh and company, because i can't live with that. It will make the Joe Thomas years seem like a picnic.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think this was a let down game. Not making any excuses because the team sucked today. I broke some things in my apartment because of it. But...

Game 1: @Green Bay- A potent offense and arguably the best team in the NFL last season on top of it being the first game. Niners were ready for up for that game. They played great and dominated.

Game 2: Detroit- a team that was very good last season and was expected to take another step forward this year and compete for the division and a top seed in the NFC. Another offense that puts up some big numbers. Also the home opener for the Niners. Of course they are up for this game as well. They dominated again.

Game 3: @ Minnesota- came out and got beat at their own game and did not look like the same defense from the first two games. They looked kind of slow and the offense could never get anything going on a consistent basis.

It is impossible to be "up" for every game. These guys are humans. Maybe they were getting a little caught up in the hype or not as good as everyone thought they were, but I honestly think that it was one of those let down games. Not a trap game, but a game where you just aren't going to have as much energy or intensity. That being said, this was a game that should have been won and needed to be won. There are still a lot of tough games to be played and this one could really hurt come seeding time. Atlanta looks really good, and I hate to say that the Cardinals look pretty good as well.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah KW's return to open the 2nd was wasted... bad play calling and maybe we should've gone for it?

the block FG looked worse knowing what we know. Not enough down the field strikes(more noticeable for me this game vs others).

I knew that kick was gonna be blocked. I called it to my friend. The first one looked like it was going to be and for some reason I just knew it was gonna happen.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing - there are two ways a team can lose.

1) A team can play a good/great game and simply just get beat - See New England tonight vs. Baltimore

2) A team can play like shit and get their ass kicked - See the 49ers vs. Minnesota

One I have no problem with - the other I have a problem with.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to hear KNBR tomorrow and hear "oh the sky is falling!" I say get over this lost, forget it ever happend and move on. A road trip is good for a team.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? No pass rush, no DB coverage and no ability to throw the ball more than 10 yards. Those two wounded ducks that Ponder threw to Rudolph for touchdowns had no business being completed. Those things wobbled and hung in the air forever and still our guys couldn't defend them.

we came out flat after two big wins...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say the Defense was so bad in the 1st half that the offense could never get on the field to establish anything.

The offense was able to move but not find the endzone. Alex missed Moss for what should have been a TD in the 1st half. We had a Field Goal blocked that led to a Vikings FG to end the half, but mostly the 1st half was all on the Defense for failing to give the offense the ball. I think we had like 3 offensive possessions are something in the first 2 quarters. It was quite sad seeing as how our D held to 2 highly potent offensives in check for 2 straight weeks and then just led an egg against the lowly Vikings.

The 2nd half the the D played better but after our offense scored 10 points to close the game to 13-17 they just let the Vikings march the field and score another TD to make it 13-24. Then Gore fumbles and the game falls apart even more so than it already had.

The Vikings would go on to fumble the ball 3 times with 2 of them being recovered by us, but that resiliency we were known for last year was not there. Alex final threw an interception on what looked to be wait for it....... a miscommunication between him and Crabtree. Alex threw back shoulder leading Crabtree to the sideline but he turned inside looking for the ball. So instead of a the ball going to Crabtree it went right to the Safety.

We get the ball again late in the game still with a slight chance of pulling something out, but Alex gets blindsided and fumbles. The only players that had a shot at recovering where all 49ers, but some how no one notices the ball on the ground and several Viking players sprint what felt like 20 yards down the field to pounce on it while the 49ers stood around like the play was over.

That play was very telling for how the game felt. The Vikings played like it was their Super Bowl. The 49ers just stood around like the game never started. They did not show up prepared to play, but I think this is all bad news for the Jets. The 49ers will spend the next week together in Ohio and probably be foaming at the mouth to get this loss behind them come next Sunday.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yesterday's outcome had phucked the rest of my day up. It's Monday morning and I'm still feeling sick over this lost. I was feeling good about the Seminoles victory over Clemson (that game we should have lost the way we were playing, but yet we pulled it out). 9ers got me upset yesterday. They should have broke Harvin's leg somehow. I'm pissed off!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now the Falcons are the team to beat in the conference. If we end up playing them at their stadium, I'm confident we can beat them that late in the season. In door stadium / perfect weather.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's outcome had phucked the rest of my day up. It's Monday morning and I'm still feeling sick over this lost. I was feeling good about the Seminoles victory over Clemson (that game we should have lost the way we were playing, but yet we pulled it out). 9ers got me upset yesterday. They should have broke Harvin's leg somehow. I'm pissed off!

Yeah its sour taste right now. The whole team put little effort out there and it was against a 2nd tier team. A win is a win, but this was a s/b win game for the niners. Absolutely terrible. Vikings, played sunday thus earning the honors of victory but our medicore play should've been left at preseason.

It's regular season fellas, wake the fuck up....

The NYJ gm is a must win in terms of our security and mental edge.... not necessarily a must win for the season but for our team makeup and character.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say the Defense was so bad in the 1st half that the offense could never get on the field to establish anything.

The offense was able to move but not find the endzone. Alex missed Moss for what should have been a TD in the 1st half. We had a Field Goal blocked that led to a Vikings FG to end the half, but mostly the 1st half was all on the Defense for failing to give the offense the ball. I think we had like 3 offensive possessions are something in the first 2 quarters. It was quite sad seeing as how our D held to 2 highly potent offensives in check for 2 straight weeks and then just led an egg against the lowly Vikings.

The 2nd half the the D played better but after our offense scored 10 points to close the game to 13-17 they just let the Vikings march the field and score another TD to make it 13-24. Then Gore fumbles and the game falls apart even more so than it already had.

The Vikings would go on to fumble the ball 3 times with 2 of them being recovered by us, but that resiliency we were known for last year was not there. Alex final threw an interception on what looked to be wait for it....... a miscommunication between him and Crabtree. Alex threw back shoulder leading Crabtree to the sideline but he turned inside looking for the ball. So instead of a the ball going to Crabtree it went right to the Safety.

We get the ball again late in the game still with a slight chance of pulling something out, but Alex gets blindsided and fumbles. The only players that had a shot at recovering where all 49ers, but some how no one notices the ball on the ground and several Viking players sprint what felt like 20 yards down the field to pounce on it while the 49ers stood around like the play was over.

That play was very telling for how the game felt. The Vikings played like it was their Super Bowl. The 49ers just stood around like the game never started. They did not show up prepared to play, but I think this is all bad news for the Jets. The 49ers will spend the next week together in Ohio and probably be foaming at the mouth to get this loss behind them come next Sunday.

And that is basically what the fuck happened.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats what they do. Call for QB change every time the team loses, and sometimes when they win

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
First of all the 49ers were not prepared to play. They thought all they had to do was show up in order to win this one. No heart on defense or offense.

More importantly, for the first time, Harbaugh was completely out-coached. He had no answer for anything the Vikings did and just kept trying the same old tired, pedestrian pass plays and passive defense waiting for the Vikings to make a mistake.

That's exactly what I got out of this game as well. It's like we were sitting back and waiting for them to screw up.

This game was lost to a few plays on which we didn't execute or makes plays. Alex missed an open Moss for a TD. Instead of 7 point we only got 3. Blocked field goal late in the 2nd quarter. Whitner had a shot at a pick 6 but dropped it. That's 14 points. Not to mention only getting a field goal out of Williams' big return to open up the second half. We left points on the field that didn't make it to the scoreboard. Even if the defense didn't have a great game, if these plays were made we would have won.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo this game could be an important loss. we can't take any team lightly. still have to play hard unless it's against the browns.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2nd half the the D played better but after our offense scored 10 points to close the game to 13-17 they just let the Vikings march the field and score another TD to make it 13-24.

The officials wanted to keep the drive going.

The defense knows that Ponder has to throw to the TE for TDs but they left him open anyway. If they actually cover him 49ers win the game.